Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2015 Edition

Spurs September and October Update

Great performances in the league (minus one result), good performance in the Europa League, bad performance in the Capital One Cup. Overall a good two months for Tottenham.

Premier League

So, this is the best aspect of the season so far. After nine games we sit in second place, four points behind leaders Arsenal and three points ahead of third place City. Now to talk about how we got there!

So, we started October with two away games to top six rivals Newcastle and Liverpool. I was expecting really tough games... But they were actually quite easy! First we went to St. James' Park, beating Newcastle 3-1 with goals from new signing Saul, left back Ben Davies and the amazing Memphis Depay. After we travelled to Anfield and recorded a 3-0 win there, a brace from Harry Kane and an own goal from Mignolet winning us the game very, very easily. We remained at home for the last two games of October, playing Wolves and Stoke. We only manages a 1-1 draw against Wolves, Harry Kane scoring for us. But we did beat Stoke 2-1. Erik Lamela scored, then got sent off which led to Stoke equalising. Luckily Saul picked up a late winner for us.

October wasn't the best of months. We did beat Southampton and West Ham, but got crushed by Arsenal. We beat Southampton 2-1, Goretzka and Memphis scoring, then beat West Ham 1-0 , but only through a Kevin Mirallas penalty. Then we lost 4-0 to Arsenal. Not saying any more about that.

Capital One Cup

Played one game away to Stoke. Drew 2-2 with goals from Mirallas and Lamela, before losing on penalties.

Europa League

Three games in the Europa League so far. First we played Young Boys at home, winning 2-0 with Kane and Lamela scoring. Then we went away to Romanian side Petrolul, winning 3-0 with goals from Kane, Bentaleb and Memphis. Finally we played German side RBL, only drawing 2-2 with goals from Bentaleb and Ayoze Perez. We currently sit top of Group H on 7 points.

The Positives

This ones easy. Second in the premiership after nine games. A huge positive, and an unexpected one. Top of our Europa League group is good as well, but it was expected so... Not as good as being second in the toughest, and arguably best, league in the world.

The Negatives

Early Capital One Cup exit, and losing 4-0 to Arsenal. Oh, and all the injuries. Currently we have Ben Davies out for 10 days to 3 weeks, Samuel Umtiti out for 3-4 weeks and Hugo Lloris out for 10 days to 3 weeks, although Michel Vorm has been doing a good job in goal in his absence.

Player of the Month

This month the award goes to Harry Kane. Over September and October Harry Kane netted six goals in all competitions, picking up two man of the match awards.

View attachment 220098

Young Player of the Month

Just a reminder, this award goes to the best player aged 23 and under, as long as they did not win the player of the month award. For September and October this goes to Memphis Depay. The talented Dutchman is arguably out best player, and he showed this by picking up three goals, five assists and two man of the match awards over the two months.

View attachment 220097

View attachment 220086
(Note: As a mark of respect to the in real life passing of Howard Kendall I will no longer be playing with him as the Chairman - instead Duncan Ferguson will now be Everton's Chairman)

CHAIRMAN'S UPDATE - OCTOBER

Well, what a month!!

We started off with apprehension following the De Boar appointment but it has paid immediate dividends as we picked up 6 from a possible nine points!

Game 1: QPR 1 (Sandro 33) - Everton 2 (Waghorn 21, Gerson 87)

Great start to De Boer's Everton career. Travelling to Loftus Road is never easy these days, particularly with Jose Mourinho in charge!! I think we somewhat struck it lucky here, getting them on only 3 days rest following their midweek Europa League tie against Sevilla.

Gerson was the star today, playing at the top of the midfield in Frank's 4-4-2 diamond narrow it is clear a large part of how we will go this season will be dictated by his performances.

Game 2: Everton 0 () - Manchester City 4 (Kevin Volland 26, Icardi 27, 34, 62)

This game was over when we conceded 3 goals in 8 minutes in the middle of the first half. Not the best of home debuts but City are a quality side and have the resources to establish themselves as title contenders. New boy Icardi was the best on field today, fully deserving his magnificent hatrick.

Brilliant substitution from Guardiola too as he hadn't started the match but been brought on when Aguero picked up a knock very early on. A knock to Shane Long that will see him miss the first few games of November also compounded the misery.

Game 2: Everton 3 (Waghorn 13, Maniatis 40, Gerson 57) - West Brom 1 (Gomis 1)

This was a true relegation 6 pointer - even at this stage of the season. The Baggies started in fire with Gomis putting them ahead before we knew what hit us! Thankfully we fought back and goals from Marty, Giannis and boy wonder sealed the victory.

Big win, the pessimists might say we are now only 3 points from safety, I prefer to see that we are only 3 points away from 6th spot!

DUNC'S DIAMOND

Hard to go past the young fella Gerson. He's been a revelation for us this season.

View attachment 220082

November Preview

4 winnable games this month. Need to pick up as many points as possible from now on in to January to allow us to focus on picking up some players who will really help us move up the table.

Yours in football,

BIG DUNC

cardiff-city-fc.png

Cardiff have a mixed start to the season

After an impressive start to the season we have slipped up in October after losing every game we had. The season started with an incredible win against Manchester United with Andreas Cornelius scoring a hat trick on his second debut for the club. 2 goals from Falcao had given Man Utd a 2-0 lead but Cornelius led the comeback and had finished his hat trick in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. We finished the game with 10 men after Sean Morrison was sent off in the 80th minute but we were able to hold on to an amazing result. The next was a disappointing loss to Newcastle as we conceded 2 late goals and lost 2-1. We again finished the game with 10 men as discipline already looks like a problem.

September started with a 3-2 away win over Wolves. 2 goals from Charlie Austin and a first for the club from Timo Werner gave us the 3 points but to continue the trend we finished the game with 10 men. This time it was Mangas turn to finish early and he left the pitch with almost 30 minutes of the game left. The next game was a 2-1 loss to Stoke which was disappointing as we had taken the lead early on through Charlie Austin. A 1-1 draw against Liverpool in the next game was not a disappointing result as Patrick Bamford got his first goal after joining on loan from Chelsea. The month ended with a 2-1 win at home against Southampton. The goalscorers were different to the usual as Doyle and Ralls confirmed the win for us.

October was a disappointing month where we lost all 3 games against West Ham, Leicester and QPR. The West Ham was especially as we lost 4-1 and Manga saw red for the 2nd time this season already. The less that is said about October the better.

After that disappointing month we now sit in 15th position. If Russell Slade has a repeat of October then he will be looking for a new job. With a target of top half set for him he must now motivate the team to improve their form and push up the table once more.

Swansea City AFC September/October Update

Another two months have passed for the Swans, and they have been markedly contrasting in results. September was not a good months, as a solitary defeat of Southampton was accompanied by a defeat to Liverpool and two very poor home losses to Stoke and West Ham, separated by a League Cup win over Fulham, on penalties. At the end of September, the Swans were rooted to the bottom of the table.

Enter October.

A resounding 3-0 win on the road against Leicester was followed by two highly impressive draws in fixtures where even the most optimistic fan couldn't have been expecting anything. Who would, when first Arsenal, league leaders, Champion’s League holders and title favourites came to visit; then Man City also came to town - and both sides left with just one point apiece.

The Citizens will have a chance for revenge in the League Cup, and the Swansea faithful will be hoping that they will be able to keep up their recent good form ahead of some crucial November fixtures.

A visit to European hopefuls QPR is followed by a trip to Sunderland and a home match against West Brom. Both teams are immediate rivals for Premier League survival, so O’Leary’s side will be hoping to pick up as many points as possible in these kinds of fixtures.

Player Performance

Young striker Niane Toure continues to lead the club’s goal scoring charts, having bagged 6 in just three starts and a further 6 substitute appearances. The standout player so far has been another Ibrahimovic signing - Jon Flanagan, formerly of Liverpool, has slotted in seamlessly on the left side of the defence since his arrival this summer, keeping the talented Luke Garbutt, yet another Ibrahimovic signing, out of the side. Garbutt will likely get a chance in the next match, with Flanagan having accumulated 5 yellow cards.

The club’s struggles at centre back continue however. Jagielka and Fernandez are the only two fit senior options at the club now, with Erik Sviatchenko still a couple of weeks away from a return, and backup option Lewis Rhys-Thomas having been ruled out for 5 weeks with an ankle complaint. Midfielder Etienne Capoue may be (and has been) required to fill the breach should one of the senior pair require a rest.

Apologies for not having got a full update out, will try my best to do one today

Viduka Discusses Liverpool Turnaround.

View attachment 219934

Liverpool chairman, Mark Viduka, has today recalled the conversation with new boss, Jurgen Klopp, which he claims is responsible for the clubs recent turn of form.

I just sat Kloppy down, Viduka began, & said

"Look mate, you may not be that talented but your an honorary Aussie now & Aussies are winners!"

"& what do you know, the next game he goes out there & upsets the reigning champs!"

View attachment 219933

Viduka continued. "Now, I cant take all the credit. Of course, the players have played a small part but I like to think it was that reminder of how great Australia is that is at least 90% responsible."

View attachment 219932

Asked how he thought the team would fair in November Viduka responded " If you look at our schedule, I think we should win all those games. In fact, we may well go unbeaten for the rest of the year. It was a truly inspirational speech!"

It should be added that following this interview Viduka was whisked away by 2 men in white coats & faces a number of tests to prove his sanity. More on Mark Viduka's mental health as details emerge...

View attachment 219931
View attachment 219930

Dear Fans

I write to you now with the understanding that these are extremely tough times for the club but at the same time these are the moments we should be relishing and enjoying. A poor run of results see us sit bottom of the table but the fact of the matter is that we are still in the Premier League, playing against the top clubs in world football and we retain every confidence that we can make it in this division. Our new manager Marcelo Gallardo will be given time to put his own mark on the squad and we urge supporters to get behind the team.

Results

(Gnabry, Aneke) Wolves 2 - 2 Newcastle (Seferovic, Ibe)​

Once again our inability to hold on to a league costs us dear as we throw away two goals at home and have to settle for a point against a dogged and resilient Newcastle team. We were 2-0 up within 23 minutes with Gnabry and Aneke slotting home but were punished by Newcastle who equalised eventually in the 87th minute to deny us a crucial win.

(Deeney x3, Forestieri) Watford 4 - 0 Wolves

Embarrassing. No disrespect to Watford who have a good side but I wanted at least a good fight in this game and instead all we got was our side rolling over and having our bellies ticked. The phenomenon that is Troy Deeney put us to the sword with a hatrick on a day that we need to move on from very quickly.

(Correa, Ings x2) Wolves 3 - 3 Stoke (Balotelli, Rhodes x2)

Once again we throw away two late goals and two points as Stoke somehow came roaring back into the match to claim a point. This is starting to become a very worrying trend now but at least we are showing promise in attacking. 3-1 up after 75 minutes, the match looked comfortable but Jordan Rhodes had other ideas and his brace left us frustrated yet again. The silver lining of this match is the apparent return to form of Danny Ings who grabbed a brace.

While these results were disappointing it is a half decent start for Gallardo in his new job and the signs are there that we can win games in this division. Although we are rock bottom of the table it is important to keep in mind that we are only 5 points off of 8th place. On closer inspection of the table we have joint 4th most goals in the league but also the worst defensive record of anybody. It looks like Joshsters pre-season worries about our defence were justified and we have some work to do in the transfer window.

View attachment 219929

Our upcoming fixtures for next month dont look any kinder but we are going to need to start picking up points and soon if we are to survive.

View attachment 219928

Wolf of the Month

Nobody. Inconsistency is rife throughout the squad and while the likes of Aneke, Ings, Gnabry and Correa have all had at least one good game this month, they have had terrible games as well. Poor.

Finances
As usual I will devote a portion of this update to the clubs finances which are looking in terrific shape. We are turning over about £5 million a month in pure profit and another good couple of months and responsible ownership will ensure a hefty transfer kitty and an increased wage bill to try and sort out our defence.

View attachment 219927

As always we thank you for your continued support of this great club!
Come on you Wolves!

Scarlett

View attachment 219926

View attachment 219765

Matt Smith frustrated!

Smith: "Well what can I say....not a good month for Palace.

We got absolutely thrashed by an unstoppable Arsenal side! Beaten soo badly that we had a lack of confidence when going up against Q.P.R which resulted in another *** whooping, 4-0 again at the hands of a London team.

We managed to grab a 1-1 draw against Sunderland thanks to a smashing long shot by McArthur!

We need to regroup and push on between now and January! We will re-evaluate our position then and if needed, splash out to bring in a few faces!

Message to the fans..
Lastly, I've been hearing fans murmuring, calling for Pardew's head!

Some fans seem to have very short memories! He has been with us from the start of my tenture and has been fantastic, into my forth season at the helm and he has kept us in the premier league each and every year..getting close to Europe on a few occasions.

So I ask the fans, why would we want to get rid of someone like that??
Some fans need to realise that just before I bought the club and appointed Pardew manager.. we were fighting relegation.

I am confident we can have success at Palace but it will be a steady process, we cant go from Zero to Hero in a couple of seasons without risking it all...which I am not prepared to do; I am confident in our business model.

Onwards and upwards!!
"

Southampton Update
After 3 wins in our first month, we were looking strong going into the game against Everton, and indeed it seems our form carried over, as we secured an easy 3 - 1 victory. And then things started going bad for Corbyn's angels.

Swansea was the first poor result: a 2 - 1 loss at Saint Mary's Park did not install us with confidence going into the next game against Crystal Palace.
Zivkovic, who scored twice in the win against Everton and once in this defeat, got an injury and from there the goals dried up.With Jay rodriguez injured in training, we lost both our main goalscorers - and both the men who scored against Everton. And indeed we only managed a 1 - 1 draw, before facing the tough challenge of Arsenal in the COC.

As was perhaps to be expected - by everyone except Corbyn that is - we lost 2 - 0, with Aboukabar scoring twice. A very poor performance from everyone on the pitch. Next we traveled to Wales to face Cardiff. New boy Huntelaar got off the mark, but it was another 2 - 1 defeat for the Saints. Arsenal's London rivals Tottenham visited Saint Mary's, and won by that now familiar scoreline of 2 - 1.

Needless to say, hopes for a result against Spurs' rivals Chelsea were not high either. However, an astonishing hattrick from Jay Rodriguez, who had just recovered from his injury meant we pulled off the impossible - a 3 - 1 victory against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Finally, we met Newcastle. We managed a 1 - 1 draw, with Rodriguez misfiring, however my main concern was injury to both Huntelaar and Debuchy. That leaves us with main goalscoring threat Zivkovic, strike Huntelaar, right back Debuchy - right back being a position we have no cover in - and backup keeper Ruddy all injured ahead of a difficult tie against Manchester United. Still, we've managed to hold on to sixth place with United at fifth, so maybe there was hope.

Absolutely loving how this Spurs team is performing in the league at the moment. Just outstanding.

FFS! One month we're beating United, the next we cant beat Wolves! Consistency much Jurgen!?

Leicester City FC Update

View attachment 219690

LEICESTER CITY FIRE SALE. COMING SOON.

Frikkin ****. Some asshat at the board fires AvB and brings in Paul ******* Lambert. As a result of which, we're now 20th in the league and have only won 2 games out of 12. Players couldn't seem to give a **** either. A mass execution spree/sale coming up in the winter transfer window.

Needless to say, we pretty much got thumped in all our games this last month. Scored just two goals and conceded ten in three games. Yikes.

Allahu Akbar.​

View attachment 219655

CHAIRMAN'S UPDATE - NOVEMBER

Amazing, just amazing!!

To think that but 2 months ago we were staring a relegation dogfight in the face before we made the bold move to replace Paul Hartley with Frank De Boer. Now look at us!! 8th spot and a month to consolidate before we look to strengthen if possible and push on and challenge for European qualification. So proud of the boys and how they've responded to Frank's methods!

GAMES RECAP

Game 1: Everton 0 () - West Ham 1 (Lennon 1)

Frank and I had spoken before this Capital One Cup tie and I made it clear the Premiership is our focus so we sent out a somewhat rotated squad against the Hammers and were made to pay. I'm not too concerned that we are out though.

Game 2: Sunderland 0 () - Everton 3 (Bunn 20 73, Gerson 9)

Big win to start our Premiership slate off this month. Heading over to the Stadium of Light is always difficult so to win so convincingly was extremely pleasing.

Game 3: Everton 1 (Gerson 40) - Watford 1 (Kondogbia 35)

About as even a game as you are ever likely to see. Possession, shots, shots on goal and obviously the score were all almost identical so a point apiece it was.

Game 4: Crystal Palace 0 () - Everton 2 (Waghorn 11, Gerson 10)

Although Palace came at us in the 2nd half and had slightly more shots over the 90 we'd put this one to bed early and held on reasonably easy in the end for the win.

DUNC'S DIAMOND

No change - Gerson has been at the top of his game this month and was unlucky not to be in consideration for the overall player of the month award but did well to pick up the Young Player of the Month gong for November.

DECEMBER PREVIEW

7 Premiership fixtures this month including the trip to Stamford Bridge and the visit of Manchester United. It will a tough month and our depth tested but I feel come January we will be looking back with pride at a good first half of the year.

Yours in football,

BIG DUNC

View attachment 219648
View attachment 219647

Dear Fans

Spirits are extremely high at Molineux this month as new manager Marcelo Gallardo has brought a wave of fresh optimism following his appointment. The team are really starting to click and gel and some individual players are really starting to flourish under Marcelo's intensive training methods. These new training methods, combined with a tactical tweak and fresh positivity has seen an upturn in result.

Results

(Bender) Liverpool 1 - 1 Wolves (Aneke)​

Incredible scenes at Anfield as we boldly go to one of the biggest stadiums in the country and take an early lead through the man of the moment, Chuks Aneke. A great help to our side was the straight red card for Seamus Coleman in only the 4th minute but alas, we were unable to hold on as our patchy defence conceded to Lars Bender early in the 2nd half. A point at Anfield is a huge bonus.

(Tadic) Southampton 1 - 2 Wolves (Correa, Afobe)​

Another trip away from home as we visited St Mary's to take on fellow promoted club Southampton. Angel Correa got us off to a dream start as we began with our usual vigour and were ahead within 13 minutes. We were somewhat let down after that as Lassana Diarra got himself sent off after 20 minutes for a horror tackle, this allowed Dusan Tadic to score the equaliser soon after and with 10 men we looked in a bit of a pickle. But our boys are made of sterner stuff than that! Up popped Benik Afobe in the 70th minute to score and give us back the lead which we held until the end of the match. A MASSIVE win.

(Afobe) Wolves 1 - 2 West Ham (Welbeck, Meyer)​

Somewhat bewilderingly, despite our amazing away performances, we were unable to do it infront of our home crowd as we lost out to a good West Ham side. This time it was the opponents who made the good start as the hammers were ahead after just 3 minutes. Their lead was doubled early in the 2nd half and all hope looked lost. Benik Afobe tried his best to get us back into the game with a 70th minute strike but we couldnt complete the comeback and ended the month with a loss.

These results represent a real uplift in performance and mentality from the team, and while it doesn't quite get us out of the relegation zone, it gets us off the bottom of the table and keeps us in touch with the mid table teams.

View attachment 219645

A massive, massive month coming up for us starting off against bottom side Leicester in a crunch game before a trip to bottom half sides Sunderland and a home game against West Brom who sit just above us. Also to look forward to this month are a trip to Mourinho's QPR and welcoming Joshsters Man City side to Molineux.

View attachment 219644

Wolf of the Month
View attachment 219642
A round of applause for Mr Benik Afobe who has outshone Danny Ings in recent games and has two goals in his last two games including the winner against Southampton. Congratulations Benik, keep it up!

Finances
Our finances are still looking in tip top shape and we already have one eye on transfer targets for the coming window. Financial responsibility is still at the very forefront of our thinking and we will not spend beyond our means. Saying this Premier League survival is crucial to this clubs financial future so money will have to be spent.

View attachment 219639

As always we thank you for your support
Come on you Wolves!

Scarlett

View attachment 219638

QPR October and November Update

Style and grace
I'm never gonna be done
Lean on in
Now welcome to the queendom

A disappointing start to the season continues as jose's men sit in 11th place after a decent portion of the season gone however there is still plenty of time to get points back and challenge in Europe. You need to step it up jose because as hunter already showed. We don't tolerate B+ players here at QPR. Now on to the results.
Match 1 vs Sevilla (EUROPA LEAGUE)

A loss to a great team such as sevilla is nothing to be ashamed of. Although we held much of the possession we were lacklustre in the final third and 'keeper Tim krul played very well to keep their number of goals to 2.
Hoop of the Match: Tim Krul
Final Score Seville 2-1 QPR

Match 2 vs Everton
These are the kinda games we need to be winning or at least picking up points in and failing to do so is hurting us badly. A late goal by Gerson put us to defeat. When playing at the Q.P.R stadium we need to pick up points. We were the better team and Everton were lucky to win but for them they did what they needed to do and a wins a win.
Hoop of the Match: Jeremy Matheiu
Final Score: Q.P.R 1-2 Everton

Match 3 vs Crystal Palace
FINALLY A GOOD WIN. A crushing defeat of the south london team where we played a very very good match. We never looked like losing and 4 different goalscorers provided so much optimism. Especially when we are away from home
Hoop of the Match: Donis Avdijaj
Final Score: Crystal Palace 0-4 Q.P.R

Match 4 vs -. --- -----
Isreali teams should not be allowed to play in UEFA and i do not want to comment on a game that shouldnt have been played.

Match 5 vs Cardiff
A win in Wales against the rivals that weve fought tooth and nail with over the last few years is valuable to us. It was tough but we did it and progressed with 3 points and a smile on the face of the fans.
Hoop of the Match: Gabriel Barbosa
Final Score: Cardiff 0-1 Q.P.R

Match 6vs Hull (CAPITOL ONE CUP)
A good win to progress against a relativity easy team to progress to the next round. It was also good to see youngster Baris Kendemir playing and helping us win.
Hoop of the Match: Stefan Jovatic
Final Score: Hull 1-3 Q.P.R

Match 7 vs Swansea
Another win in our small winning streak to help us in our europian dreams. The welsh lads didnt put up much of a fight and there was a simple win for joses boys. More of these will be necessary throughout the season.
Hoop of the Match: Gabriel Barbosa
Final Score: Q.P.R 3-1 Swansea

Match 8
See Game 4

Match 9 vs Tottenham
Our first loss in a while was a shame however we didnt play badly. We started slowly and were punished for it. It had to happen sometime and spurs are a good team so it was always gonna be a tough game.
Hoop of the Game: Alex Tellas
Final Score Q.P.R 0-1 Spurs

Match 10 vs Chelsea
We won lots of matches in a row and now weve had two losses on the bounce we are in danger of going on a bad run after 2 losses in a row. Jose couldn't beat his old team but we wern't expect to.
Hoop of the Match: Omar E
Final Score: Chelsea 2-0 Q.P.R

Match 11 vs Westerlo (EUROPA LEAGUE)
An easy win for us as we continued our good run by beating a small team from somewhere or other in europe. Simple win. not much to say here.
Hoop of the Match: Andre Wisdom
Final Score: Westerlo 0-2 Q.P.R

December is coming and we have a mixed bag of games, we need a win vs sevilla to go first in the group. Arsenal and Man Utd be tough but looking back to last season *cough* 3-0 at old trafford *cough* and we could do very well, the aim is to be in 7th or higher at the start of the mid season window. I'll see ya'll in the window.

Spurs November Update

Premier League

Fantastic fantastic month in the premier league. Three games, two wins, one loss and seven points that keep us in second place on twenty six points. We are six points behind league leaders Arsenal, but we are three points clear of Manchester City in third, and six points clear of Chelsea in fifth so right now we are looking good for champions league football next season. Anyway, to the games!

We started the month with one of our strongest performances of the season so far, playing away from home and completely crushing relegation favourites Leicester 5-1. Goals from Kevin Mirallas, Saul, Erik Lamela and a brace from Memphis Depay leading to our victory. Then we travelled away again to an in-form QPR team, pulling off a narrow 1-0 win with Bentaleb getting the only goal of the game in the fourth minute. Finally we finished the month at home against third place Manchester City. We conceded a penalty on the brink of half time, but Ayoze Perez scored the equaliser in the 85th minute. A vital point which meant our closest competitors stayed at arms length.

We have seven games in December, plus a Europa League game meaning eight games in thirty one days. However, not to sound rude to the other teams, but they are all winnable games. The only other team in the top half of the table we play is eighth place Everton, every other team being in the bottom half and four of the teams (Crystal Palace, West Brom, Cardiff and Sunderland) being in the bottom six. This is the premier league and there are no easy games, but in such a busy month we couldn't really have asked for kinder fixtures.

Europa League

Two games this month, both away. One against RBL and the other Young Boys. First we played RBL, winning 3-1 thanks to goals from Perez, Kane and Bentaleb. Next we travelled once more to Young Boys, this time winning 3-0 with goals from Mirallas, Kane and Ben Davies.

We finish November top of Group H on thirteen points, with one more game to go at home against Petrolul who are currently second. However, we are four points ahead so even if we lose, we still qualify and top the group. All is well in Europe.

The Positives

We retain second place in the premiership, have secured qualification (and top of our group) in the Europa League and remained unbeaten in November, winning four of our five games.

The Negatives

Only one real negative which is not grabbing the win against City to close the gap to Arsenal and lengthen the gap between us in second and City in third.

Player of the Month

There wasn't really a stand out player this month, so this award goes to Saul. He got 1 goal, 3 assists and 1 Player of the Match award this month,a long with good performances all round. As Saul is 23, no Young Player of the Month this month.

View attachment 219597

View attachment 219595

West Ham United - October and November Update

t2Co8GW.png

Going into October we were still in 3 competitions, and that is still the case at the end of November. A decent run of results in the league has been combined with great performances in the Europa League and Capital One Cup, as we have won all European games and progressed in the cup.

Premier League

BB35uOe.png

We have had mixed form in the league, with 8 points gained from our 6 games. However this doesn't tell the full story as we won games against Wolves and Cardiff and the only dropped points apart from against Newcastle were against high-flying Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd. This means our form isn't a concern to us yet as there is still plenty of time to improve our league placing.

Europa League

GWzSRYs.png

3 wins in Europe made it 5 wins out of 5 for the team, ensuring our qualification to the last 32 as group winners, a fantastic performance. We will hopefully continue to prove that we deserve our spot amongst Europe's elite.

Capital One Cup

A 1-0 win away at Everton ensured we reached the quarter finals in the Capital One Cup. Our tie is at St James' Park in December, and we are hopeful of progression to the semi finals and beyond.

Player of the Update

On-loan Marco Asensio is our player of the update after particularly impressing in November with 3 goals from midfield.​

^^ Thank you for reminding me that the November update came out, I hadn't noticed! :P

Update coming soon, proud to be 7th and in the Cap One Cup Quarters! Good luck West Ham! :)

Back