Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2015 Edition

View attachment 217471

Chairman’s Update – March and April

Well here we are. 2 games remaining in the season and we’ve achieved our first objective. We are safe. Wolves can only amass a potential points total of 43 so our 45 points already means we have had a very, very successful season.

I don’t think I need to remind our members that to start the season the club had to sell some of our best players in Gibbs and Coleman just to keep our heads above water!! Now look at us – we’ve rejuvenated the squad, admittedly some older players have been brought in to add leadership, but as they retire we now more than have the means to replace them.

To the match recaps then. March wasn’t too bad. 3 draws from 3 matches with young loanees Gerson and Unal featuring in the race for the Young Player of the Month award. Ideally of course we would have turned 1 or 2 of those into wins but they were all very even matches.

April has been a little more disappointing. We feel we should have got more from the Cardiff match – particularly seeing at it was at Goodison and the Tottenham and Manchester United matches exposed our lack of depth and showed us exactly how far we are from taking the next step. We need to be more consistent as when we are on form we can beat anyone – as evidenced by our 4-1 shellacking of Chelsea!! Great result.

Given we can still mathematically finish above Liverpool I can assure all our fans that we will be going all out in an effort to do so!!

Finally I’d like to sign off this month but wishing both West Ham and Newcastle the best of luck in this season’s FA Cup final. I’ve completed deals with both teams this season so have no particular personal favorite that I want to win and am looking to relaxing and enjoying the game!

Yours in football,

BIG DUNC

I don't want this to end. I would love to see another season at least, especially with Spurs getting in the champions league :D

But I suppose if someone started a chairman game on FM16 when the full release comes out, I'd be cool with that too :D

I don't want this to end. I would love to see another season at least, especially with Spurs getting in the champions league :D

But I suppose if someone started a chairman game on FM16 when the full release comes out, I'd be cool with that too :D

This.

Gratz guys, you have all done an fantastic job keeping this game alive for quite a few seasons! Now just the last 2 games to go!!

I'll be back at some point with my yearly chairman game, I'm sure haha :)

West Brom Chairman Game

View attachment 217275

"Firstly I have to say that this season has been a bit of a let down. Disappointed to hear rumours the FA and thinking of bringing an end to the chairman challenge, I have unfinished business with West Brom."

View attachment 217271
With only seven wins out of the last twenty, pressure is building on Frank Skinner to make a decision on Honour Janza performance; it will doubt be decided with the final two games approaching...

Skinner states, "Janza has in my opinion performed to expectations, we couldn't have asked for more from a manager in unfamiliar surroundings. He is still coming to grips with the intensity of the Premier League. We are expecting three points from the final two games, thus securing our Premier League status. Going forward I see Janza at the helm for a long time, I will be aiming to give him a large budget for next season to ensure he can add his on stamp onto the team. As we may have to look to move on some of our under performers and players that have sadly seen better days."

Notable Results:
View attachment 217273
2-1 Arsenal (Home) 3/2/18
Lavezzi scores a goal either side of Messi's 57th minute goal, in a game were we had a lot of chances and a majority of posession against a resilient Arsenal team this year.

View attachment 217272
1-0 Man City (Home) 3/4/18
A third-minute tap in from Gomis was even to seal the deal in a game that could of gone either way on the day, was a great game for the neutral.

View attachment 217274
Honour Janza West Brom Statistics (Pre-West Brom)
Played: 20 (33)
Won: 7 (18)
Draw: 4 (7)
Lost: 9 (8)
Win Percentage: 35% (55%)
Goals For: 27 (70)
Goals Against: 34 (42)

Notable Mentions at the Club

Youth Prospect
View attachment 217270

Name: Edgardo Moyano
Position: Striker

He is having a fantastic season at youth level with the Under-21s side who are seven points clear at the top of Group 1. Edgardo is relishing his time at the club and having had a taste at first team football this season in the cup against West Ham, we no doubt can be excited to see him in and around the first team in the near future,

West Brom U21 statistics
Apps: 57
Goals: 33
PoM: 7

View attachment 217244

Smith nervous!!

Smith "It has been a long grueling season for everyone associated with Crystal Palace!

We currently sitting just 2 points above the drop zone with only 2 games remaining...since I have taken over the club we have yet to be relegated and I would like to end my tenure that way! The fans have been incredible and deserve that at the least!

I may have not spent much money this season but I at least ensured that we kept ALL of our key players and didn't becoming a farm for the big guns in the league.

I'm hoping for the final month, all of our key players including Kenedy, Rulli and Vilhenna can step up and help us survive the drop!

Come on Palace!! Lets show some fighting spirit!

Onwards and...beat the drop!"

View attachment 216783

West Ham United - January - April Update

Premier League

4 solid months for the team leaves us 8th in the league, but it's irrelevant where we finish really because what has happened in other competitions...

Capital One Cup

A fantastic semi-final performance against Arsenal sent us to Wembley, facing Man Utd as we looked for some silverware. Thanks to a fantastic performance, we won the game 2-1, securing the trophy as well as a place in Europe next year! Great work team!

trophypitchside800x600304-589134_478x359.jpg

FA Cup

Several fantastic performances in the FA Cup has also meant we have reached the final here as well, this time facing Newcastle. We couldn't pull off the double, surely?

Europa League

Unfortunately knocked out, we can rest assured that we return to the competition next year with a better team capable of bigger and better things.​

Last edited:
End of Season Update

View attachment 216728
End of Season Update

Time to bring to and end the nervewrecking wait to see who'd be crowned champions, who'd go down and who won the cups! Here are the matches!

Arsenal have won the league! For the first time in ages! Much thanks to the goals of Messi, the Gunners came out on top. Man Utd was the only team to challenge, with an impressive 80 point tally. In 3rd, Tottenham crown a very successfull season with a Champions League spot, an impressive achievement. Joining them in the CL are Man City, who beat Chelsea by a single point. An Europa League spot also goes to Newcastle, who are back where they belong after a very good year. Much thanks to the goals of Paco Alcacer, the Magpies are back in Europe!

At the bottom end, it was a very tight affair. QPR could not save their spot, as they could not recover from a poor start to the season. Watford also had a shocking year, after such an immpressive display last year. Lastly, heartbreak for Wolves, who were only 2 points away from 15th place Crystal Palace. A single point saved Sunderland and Swansea from relegation, as the Wolves make their way into the Championship.

Awards
View attachment 216719
Coutinho wins the last Player of the Month award.

View attachment 216718
Man Utd youngster Wilson Okonkwo wins Young Player of the Month.

View attachment 216716
Lots of Honour to Jenza of WBA, winning the Manager of the Month after only a short while in charge.

Year Awards:

View attachment 216715
Arsenal dominance in the Team of the Year, with 7 players.

PFA Player of the Year: Aaron Ramsey, Arsenal
PFA Young Player of the Year: Raheem Sterling, Arsenal
FWA Player of the Year: Lionel Messi, Arsena
Barclays Golden Glove:
1st: Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, Arsenal
2nd: David De Gea, Man Utd
3rd: Kasper Schmeichel, Leicester
Barclays Golden Boot:
1st: Lionel Messi, Arsenal - 27 goals
2nd: Paco Alcacer, Newcastle - 25 goals
3rd: Charlie Austin, Cardiff - 24 goals

THE FA CUP
View attachment 216714

A thrilling final between West Ham and Newcastle ended 2-2, and had to be decided on penalties. In the end, heartbreak for the Magpies, who got both their centrebacks sent off. Hiljemark and Halilovic missed the deciding penalties as West Ham do the cup double!

Europa League:

View attachment 216713

Spurs go from a good season to a great one, by adding an European title! They beat the German giants, Bayern, in the final thanks to a Memphis Depay goal. In a tight game, Ben Davies and Samuel Umtiti were rock solid, and meant the title is heading to North London.

Champions League:
View attachment 216712

And what a way to end the season! An absolutely fantastic battle between two attacking teams at the Milennium Stadium in Cardiff. Arsenal had to play with 10 men for 30 + 30 minutes after Wilshere's sending off, but thanks to a hat-trick from Messi, and a Sterling goal, they could overcome Schalke anyway! Ramsey scored the deciding penalty to bring joy to every Gunner worldwide. A second consecutive Champions League win for Vincenzo Montella!

End of Season Awards + Save Game will be in a later post.

Thanks to all for your patience and fantastic engagement in this brilliant journey!

1 point. a single point! We came so close to survival.. especially as goal difference was on our side.. but congrats to the surviving teams!

Brilliant Stuff Znik, congrats on winning the champions league back to back never been done in real life!

Just want to add on from Znik a big thanks for everyone participating in this game! roll on 2016 :)

Brilliant Stuff Znik, congrats on winning the champions league back to back never been done in real life!

Just want to add on from Znik a big thanks for everyone participating in this game! roll on 2016 :)

No, roll on 1 more season. ;)

[TABLE="width: 457"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Prediction[/TD]
[TD]Reality[/TD]
[TD]Difference[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1st[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]Spot on![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Man Utd[/TD]
[TD]Man Utd[/TD]
[TD]Spot on![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]Man City[/TD]
[TD]Spurs[/TD]
[TD]2 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4th[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Man City[/TD]
[TD]1 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5th[/TD]
[TD]Spurs[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]2 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6th[/TD]
[TD]Q.P.R[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle[/TD]
[TD]14 away![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7th[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle[/TD]
[TD]Stoke[/TD]
[TD]1 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8th[/TD]
[TD]Liverpool[/TD]
[TD]West Ham[/TD]
[TD]1 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9th[/TD]
[TD]West Ham[/TD]
[TD]Liverpool[/TD]
[TD]1 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10th[/TD]
[TD]Stoke[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]2 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11th[/TD]
[TD]Watford[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]8 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12th[/TD]
[TD]Swansea[/TD]
[TD]West Brom[/TD]
[TD]4 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13th[/TD]
[TD]Crystal Palace[/TD]
[TD]Cardiff[/TD]
[TD]2 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14th[/TD]
[TD]Leicester[/TD]
[TD]Leicester[/TD]
[TD]Spot on![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15th[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]Crystal Palace[/TD]
[TD]3 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16th[/TD]
[TD]West Brom[/TD]
[TD]Swansea[/TD]
[TD]4 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17th[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]Spot on![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]18th[/TD]
[TD]Wolves[/TD]
[TD]Wolves[/TD]
[TD]Spot on![/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]19th[/TD]
[TD]Cardiff[/TD]
[TD]Watford[/TD]
[TD]5 away[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]20th[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]Q.P.R[/TD]
[TD]10 away![/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Haha remember this my prediction at the start wasnt that bad a prediction with the exception of Q.P.R and Watford! way off the mark

I cannot believe Spurs got into the Champions League, and beat Bayern Munich to win the Europa League! I would love to see this continue, but if this is the end then what a way to end it!

We survived! Crystal Palace remain in the Premier League with next to no investment this season. Great stuff! :D

Back