Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2015 Edition

- Give a larger amount of television funds to teams at the lower end of the table. If we provide the largest financial bonus to the team ending 17th instead of 1st, they will have a better chance at improving their squad, and perhaps climb the table the following season.

[/QUOTE]

So it would be in everyone's best interest to come 17th rather than 1st???[/QUOTE]

Champions League funds more than make up for it, so no. But if your goal is only to get money without using it for anything, then I guess 17th is nice! But I kind of feel the primary motivation for winning the title isn't the prize money!

- Increase the funding given to teams that are promoted by a large amount, making them able to quickly be competitive in the league, without risking going bankrupt.
- Give a larger amount of television funds to teams at the lower end of the table. If we provide the largest financial bonus to the team ending 17th instead of 1st, they will have a better chance at improving their squad, and perhaps climb the table the following season.
- To cope with Financial Fair Play, disallow teams of having sugerdaddy owners that inject cash into the club to be used for buying even more players.

I really hope for the future of this league, and truly believe that a more unpredictable and even league will increase attendances, and create even more excitement around our fantastic teams.

- Prince Harry

Welcome to the toughest league in the world buddy. If people were disciplined for going into debt they'd be more safe about their finances.

Welcome to the toughest league in the world buddy. If people were disciplined for going into debt they'd be more safe about their finances.

Well, I'm Arsenal, probably the safest team financially in the league, so this is not something that would affect me that much. But if you look at clubs like Reading and Sunderland this year, who haven't really spent much, but just can't get out of the red.

Prince Harry speaks up.
View attachment 928251
In terms of the recent debate around the financial stability of the Premier League, Prince Harry felt obligated to give a statement, giving his view on the current situation of English football.
I've followed with great interest the debate around the Financial Fair-Play situation in our league, and as chairman of the club that has had the biggest balance available to spend, I felt a word was needed on how I believe the league is developing.

At the moment, we have an exciting league, with several teams fighting it out for the league, but I fear for the current development if nothing is changed about the way the system works. It is becoming increasingly difficult for teams without external financial backing to be competitive in the transfer market. And as the balance of over half the teams in our top division hangs on a knife-edge, every single decision becomes even more crucial. A failed signing may well mean that you cannot go into business for long periods of time to follow.

This does not only restrict and hurt the teams that struggle at the bottom end of the table, it also hurts teams of our stature. As one of the teams with good spending power, it is "easy" to exploit clubs with a problematic financial situation, but it is not a situation we want. Even when we make signings to strengthen our squad, we cannot have an unlimited squad of players, but how can we sell players if noone has the money to buy? Most top tier teams now have a large squad of quality players, and do not have to make huge changes to stay at the top of European football, but when we do, we need to be able to also give fringe players a chance to change clubs.

I believe steps have to be made to stabilize the financial situation of the teams in our league, as well as increase the competitiveness. I therefore put it to the FA to consider my suggestion:

- Increase the funding given to teams that are promoted by a large amount, making them able to quickly be competitive in the league, without risking going bankrupt.
- To cope with Financial Fair Play, disallow teams of having sugerdaddy owners that inject cash into the club to be used for buying even more players.

I really hope for the future of this league, and truly believe that a more unpredictable and even league will increase attendances, and create even more excitement around our fantastic teams.

- Prince Harry
[/QUOTE]
To an extent i agree but i think that giving out extra monry to teams at the bottom would be like punishing small teams who make it up the league on a small budget and if you look at the newly promoted teams, Fulham, for example they had more money to spend on players than lots of teams already in the prem. So yeah, just my 2 pence worth- Higher Power

Just to add to my point above i think that in this game tge thing holding small teams back isnt noney but reputation.

Rodgers Leaves

Stoke's recovery goes on with stumbles along the way

Started off with a thrashing of poor Reading. Trips to Cardiff & Chelsea seen us have back to back defeats since December. We went on to draw with West Brom & Arsenal which to be fair is no disaster.

Bigger news in Breandon Rodgers has left the club to join Levekusen which is veyr sad for us as we though he was going to work with the Cruyff's to build a dynsasty and felt he was worthy of a bigger team than this.

How long till the next update so i can look for a new manager before you sim the save Disclaim

West Ham

What a horrible month for the Hammers

After the last few months we were looking confident, we were playing good football and got up to 9th at one point.

3 games later, and 3 losses has brought the team right back down to their knees.

Morale is low, stress is up, and the club cat has gone missing, pretty much as low as it can get around here!

Here's to a better March

(sorry for the bad format, I'm on my phone and won't get to the laptop for a while and didn't wanna put off the update any longer)

So, any clue as to when we'll be able to see the collapse of Chelsea and emergance of Arsenal as Premier League champions? ;)

Sorry, football this weekend has distracted me :P

Will post the update tonight around 11pm.

So, any clue as to when we'll be able to see the collapse of Chelsea and emergance of Arsenal as Premier League champions? ;)
... and the rise of the hoops. DADADADAAAAADADADADADA HOOPS.

I get way too excited every-time you post disclaimer always think its another update! haha but yea this thread/game is awesome

I get way too excited every-time you post disclaimer always think its another update! haha but yea this thread/game is awesome
Dunno why an update would be exciting for the city chairman, it's just confirmation that Chelsea are the best team in England...

Back