DMF's Unorthodox 4-2-3-1 - Analysis and Download!

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score

Tactic-Signature.png

I tested this tactic with Arsenal and in 1 successful season of testing, I won the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and came Runner Up in the FA Cup.

Aim of Tactic

The aim of this tactic is to play fast, flowing football while scoring lots of goals but being solid at the back too. I believe I have succeeded in doing this with this tactic.

In 38 league games, I won 31, drew 4 and lost 3 - scoring 91 goals and conceding 24 in the process. The goals also get spread out a lot throughout the team, with my top goalscorers being Marouane Chamakh with 18, Cesc Fabregas with 17, Robin Van Persie with 16 and Samir Nasri & Theo Walcott with 11 each.

An important part of this tactic is possession. The side usually had about 55-65% possession in games, but it wasn't key. There were plenty of occasions where we didn't have the majority of possession but we created plenty of chances and scored plenty of goals meaning we won majority of games. On average the team had 19 shots per game and 6 CCC per game - meaning there were plenty of chances to score goals and win games.

Layout of Tactic - Player Roles

The team layout is very unorthodox, but is also quite balanced in the same instance.

View attachment 136107

Player Roles

RB - Full Back - Automatic
LB - Full Back - Automatic
CBL - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
CBR - Central Defender - Stopper
DM - Defensive Midfielder - Defend
MCL - Box to Box Midfielder - Support
AMR - Winger - Attack
AML - Inside Forward - Attack
AMCR - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
STL - Deep Lying Forward/Poacher - Attack

The striker position is interchangable between a Poacher and a Deep Lying Forward because of the Advanced Options. They are very similar and depending on the striker you have they will be better off in a different role e.g. RVP = DLF but Marouane Chamakh = Poacher.

Best Results

View attachment 136110View attachment 136111View attachment 136112
View attachment 136113View attachment 136114View attachment 136115

View attachment 136116

# # # # #

DOWNLOAD LINK - HERE

Last edited:
Looks interesting, will give it a go :), use any touchline shouts?

Nope, none at all. Also used *** Man's OI's and they seem to work a treat.

Did you not have a thread on this a while back?

Did you not have a thread on this a while back?

Yeah, but it got cluttered with spam so I deleted it and made a new one.

Download link now in OP :)

Last edited:
The only negative I see in this tactic is that too much emphasis is placed on the box-to-box midfielder during the transition phase. The defensive midfielder isn't a deep-lying playmaker, no wing backs and all the attacking midfielders are given attack duties. I'd personally prefer the defensive midfielder to be a deep-lying playmaker - defend, someone like Thiago Motta or Arturo Vidal, so that there's more than a single way to send the ball up forward rather than totally counting on the box-to-box guy.

Other than that, it looks pretty nice and worth a try. Downloading atm. Thank you!

The only negative I see in this tactic is that too much emphasis is placed on the box-to-box midfielder during the transition phase. The defensive midfielder isn't a deep-lying playmaker, no wing backs and all the attacking midfielders are given attack duties. I'd personally prefer the defensive midfielder to be a deep-lying playmaker - defend, someone like Thiago Motta or Arturo Vidal, so that there's more than a single way to send the ball up forward rather than totally counting on the box-to-box guy.

Other than that, it looks pretty nice and worth a try. Downloading atm. Thank you!

You'd think that, but it looks to me that the team relies quite heavily on the AMCR and the AML for the attacking spark.

An excellent AMC is essential for this tactic to work and an Inside Forward with good creativity and decent finishing (a la Nasri) seems to work best. The box to box midfielder doesn't get many goals/assists but turns in good performances.

I used 3 main CM's (Wilshere, Ramsey and Denilson) all getting over 7.1 average ratings for the entire season.

Is there any specific player attributes to look for?

Is there any specific player attributes to look for?

As long as they are strong in the key positions needed for the role they are playing (which you can see when it's highlighted and selecting the role) then they should be fine.

Nice. I assume there is quite a bit of roaming as well to aid the fluidity of the play. Will try it...
Quick question, where did you get that sexy skin?

Nice. I assume there is quite a bit of roaming as well to aid the fluidity of the play. Will try it...
Quick question, where did you get that sexy skin?

The roaming is there, but it's not leaky and the formation is strong enough and copes well with attacks. The defenders are always back and do very well indeed.

Can I ask where you got the kit skin from. Off topic I know, but I really would like the kits on my save, and cant seem to find the best ones - I like the look of yours!

Can I ask where you got the kit skin from. Off topic I know, but I really would like the kits on my save, and cant seem to find the best ones - I like the look of yours!

Got them off Base. They are the individual kits for each league.

who did you play where, generally?

GK: Rene Adler
LB: Clichy/Gibbs
CBR: Koscielny/Squillaci
CBL: Vermaelen/Djourou/Jones
RB: Sagna/Eboue
DM: Song/Battaglia
CML: Denilson/Wilshere/Ramsay
AMR: Walcott/Arshavin
AML: Nasri/Arshavin/Vela
AMCR: Fabregas/Arshavin/Nasri/Wilshere
STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths

STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths[/QUOTE]

cheers

STL: Van Persie/Chamakh/Griffiths

cheers

No worries

Got them off Base. They are the individual kits for each league.

I know this is nothing to do with your thread mate, is there anyway you can send me the folder? I've looked on here, but the packs dont load properly for me. :(

It's not one file. It's about 15 because I downloaded 15 seperate files with different leagues in each..

Are there any opposition instructions and match prepartion we should use and pitch size??