Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
kris if you want to live your life by starwars then i may join you :P

http://www.jedichurch.org/ <--- not a joke, a real religion.

they even demanded that "international human rights day" should be changed to "interstella human rights day" baha.

I am not religious and I don't believe in God. I do however believe that there is some type of force in the universe but what it is I can't speculate. Personally, I see so much pain and suffering in my job on a day to day basis, that I can't believe if God exists that he would allow it.

any one who belives in anyfink written in the bible are a absolute complete joke and are living a lie.

1) a bit. sometimes
2)no. don't go to church anymore.
3) i dunno but i really hope when you die you get reborn. i want to be a bird or a footballer or a dog.

also what's the difference between being religous and being a theist.

1) a bit. sometimes
2)no. don't go to church anymore.
3) i dunno but i really hope when you die you get reborn. i want to be a bird or a footballer or a dog.

also what's the difference between being religous and being a theist.

Well a one or 2 people on this thread have unknowingly described themselves as a theist.
A theist is some one who is not religious but still believes the world was made by a divine creator, and they believe humans did not get to the stage they are at today via evolution.
Most religious people I speak to when I challenge there religion they often switch from Religious to a theist view.

1) Do you Believe In God

I do

2) Are you Religious

I am

3) Why ?

It's just the way I have been brought up and the more you look into it the more possible that their is a divine entity that has somewhat created this world. And I do believe in the Bible and without it most of our laws would not have been created and the ten commandments are by no means out dated as a lot of mention.

I also find atheists hard to understand. I mean they says they don't believe in God, that makes it sound as if they feel their is a God because they don't beleive in one if you catch my drift its a illogical.

i belive that we were all monkeys at one point. lol , no seriously i dont believe in god or anything like that. it a load of pish

I also find atheists hard to understand. I mean they says they don't believe in God, that makes it sound as if they feel their is a God because they don't beleive in one if you catch my drift its a illogical.

No, I really don't catch your drift. So because I don't think God is real, it makes him real? I find that hard to understand. Maybe English isn't your first language so what you're trying to say is lost in translation, but it made no sense to me, or am I alone in thinking that?

I'm not trying to attack you or your belief, but I have no idea what you just said and now I'm late for Flying Spaghetti Monster prayer. Thanks.

Peace.

Dont think I believe in God but im still Catholic!! Thats what happens being Irish.

Dont think I believe in God but im still Catholic!! Thats what happens being Irish.

It's what happens when you choose to be Catholic.

Everyone knows Christianity and namely the bible was just a ploy by some old beaurocrats who needed a means to control people. The bible is basically a political manifesto that cannot be updated to relate to modern times.

1) Yes
2) Yes, but not overly-so
3) Because I believe that if you pray, go to church on a decently regular basis and are a good person all-round, God will help you. Nothing to major has happened to me but little things have and I have heard stories about Lourdes etc. or when people pray and pray and are cured from their illness/depression/money troubles etc. Well not really for the money stuff but they have been able to stay strong and come through that, which they credit to God.

Is there any hard evidence that god helps those who pray and go to church? I'm pretty sure as many of them get cancer as those who don't. Cured from their illness? Illness is science. Someone comes down with anthrax poisoning, leaving them at home and praying for them will not save them. A doctor might though. When you cross the road do you look both ways? They've being able to stay strong through money issues because that's what we as humans do. Everyone goes through difficult times in their lives, just because people come through them doesn't mean it can be attributed to a god.

1) Do you Believe In God

I do

2) Are you Religious

I am

3) Why ?

It's just the way I have been brought up and the more you look into it the more possible that their is a divine entity that has somewhat created this world. And I do believe in the Bible and without it most of our laws would not have been created and the ten commandments are by no means out dated as a lot of mention.

That is a huge fallacy. No, it makes atheists feel that they have to tell morons who believe in god that they think they're wrong.

If there's a reason that is the worst for believing in God it's that it's how they've been brought up. You'd think by the time some people are adults they'd actually have established cognitive reasoning or the ability to think for themselves using EVIDENCE AND SCIENCE (as science is fact and can be PROVEN).

The guy who was on about the Ten Commandments. Here you go:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkRYaMiP4K8"]YouTube- George Carlin: The Ten Commandments[/ame]

Last edited:
I believe in God

sometimes religion can't explain or accept by our mind
but can accept by our heart (faith)
it's my opinion

i do believe in god, and i go to church at least once a week. i have met the archbishop of canterbury and i know many of the leading youth based christian leaders.

i have one point to make:

many people here say that they wont believe in god because there is no proof, but is there any proof against god? it works both ways

even the big bang theory, taken by many as proof that god does not exist, has many flaws in it. so right now, there is no rational explanation why we cannot believe in a god who created all life

ill belive in god if sheff wed win the prem so that'll be a no then

It's what happens when you choose to be Catholic.

Everyone knows Christianity and namely the bible was just a ploy by some old beaurocrats who needed a means to control people. The bible is basically a political manifesto that cannot be updated to relate to modern times.

Is there any hard evidence that god helps those who pray and go to church? I'm pretty sure as many of them get cancer as those who don't. Cured from their illness? Illness is science. Someone comes down with anthrax poisoning, leaving them at home and praying for them will not save them. A doctor might though. When you cross the road do you look both ways? They've being able to stay strong through money issues because that's what we as humans do. Everyone goes through difficult times in their lives, just because people come through them doesn't mean it can be attributed to a god.

That is a huge fallacy. No, it makes atheists feel that they have to tell morons who believe in god that they think they're wrong.

If there's a reason that is the worst for believing in God it's that it's how they've been brought up. You'd think by the time some people are adults they'd actually have established cognitive reasoning or the ability to think for themselves using EVIDENCE AND SCIENCE (as science is fact and can be PROVEN).

The guy who was on about the Ten Commandments. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkRYaMiP4K8

i am and the other guy are catholics because we were baptised catholic which we had no chose in as we were babies.

that is one of the best reasons for being religious. if your childhood is filled with the people you trust most telling you their is a god then their is a good chance you will beleive in god.

and you don't think there is anything wrong with that? I know alot of Catholics who feel pressured into doing things there parents want and they really hate there religion.

I really don't beleive in filling childrens minds with ****.

if there's a god, then why does he create ppl that don't believe in him???

i was talking bout this with my friend the other day cuz we were really bored, and christianity contradicts itself, they all go, "so where did the big bang come from, where did all those stars to come from"ect untill you the only way to think is that someone created it.
So if that's the case, where did god come from???

Back