Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Kris I meant that tongue in cheek but it is an issue. Ive a mate same age as me aged 21. He is very religious and gave thought to becoming a priest but thought for about 30 seconds before deciding NO WAY as he would feel like a hypocrite.

Stuck between rock and hard place. Would never become a non Catholic priest nor would he become a current Catholic priest.

i do believe in god, and i go to church at least once a week. i have met the archbishop of canterbury and i know many of the leading youth based christian leaders.

i have one point to make:

many people here say that they wont believe in god because there is no proof, but is there any proof against god? it works both ways

even the big bang theory, taken by many as proof that god does not exist, has many flaws in it. so right now, there is no rational explanation why we cannot believe in a god who created all life

there is also no proof that there is not a flying spaghetti monster ? or no proof that there is no Santa Claus, I'm sure you don't believe in them either just because we cant prove they don't exist.

There is nothing that makes god or region so special (apart from primitive superstitions) that it should be treated differently than the two examples above.

When it comes to the big bang theory, yes there are holes that will be filled in future as science evolves, that's how science works theories are constantly updated as more evidence comes in.
I can assure you though there are far FAR less holes on the big band theory than the creation theory.

The Creation theory makes no sense, why create an improbable god to explain the improbable.
This gives you a harder question....who created the creator

And mccloskey14 you are evidence that religion discourages independent thought, you actually admit that you have your believes because that's how you were brought up, in other words what you were told to believe.

1) Jah Live!
2) Rastafari could be considered a religion, though for me it's more a way of life
3) You just feel it

@ mccloskey14
That's ****
@ point/cointerpoint
But that is not neccesarily the god you trust in. I mean I feel more like God created zion and earth and gave man dominion over all things, from there it's up to your body and mind what happens. that does not mean there can not be ilnisses and you still have to watch your rasklaat when you cross the street.
Though I agree with you on the growing up part. Seek the truth for thyself. I was bapised too but I am not a christian.
@ Luikang911
It is not the point, when you say why would god create people that don't believe in him. God created people and people are to foolish to recognise god as has happened to jesus christ and haile selassi I their own people in their time did not recognise them as sons of god, just a handfull
@ The Hig
So for you that counts, if you don't believe then don't treat god different from your examples. But for those that do believe in any god, that's different

Last edited:
I don't believe in god since there is no evidence, i personally have had no spiritual enlightening or any of that mumbo jumbo...

TheHig makes a very good point like what Richard Dawkins made.. that religion is a virus that is being passed down through generations and imposed upon impressionable children at a tender age when they believe in the boogeyman and santa claus.

man that is a serious insult to all religions how could you say something like that. If you don't believe in something, then don't, but let others. I'm not taking your words as an offence because to me it seems like you haven't really thought about it anyhow.
I mean a virus, for real? I always considered virusses bad things. Religion for me, Rastafari, it's the greatest thing that could have happened to me.
I think the way religion is tought to young children is wrong to. The true believer does not have to be convinced so let everyone believe where they believe in.
One Love

No, not since I reached the age of reason. Religion is an utter fraud and ostensibly the biggest problem this world has.

although it seems strange to admit it the world would probably be a better place without religion

I disagree. I can't speak for any other religions, because I don't know their beliefs, but I can speak for Rastafari and the idea that all black, white, brown yellow, red, are equal can't be bad for this world.
That's just one thing I mention.
It is material things that is the downstroyers of this earth and it's people. Together with Power and Gried and people interfering in a wrong way. Not religion, religion in itself is not a bad thing.

Rastafari is afrocentric, but generally rastafari as a religion is incomparable to the misery of catholicism, islam, christianity etc., etc. As far as I know, it's hard to kill of an entire people while puffin' away.

It recognises the Bible,though not the King James version, but it is based upon the fact that we all are children of god. Rastafari is based upon the bible, although the bible is seen as only have the story told. So you could say it's a brethren of catolic and protestant church etc.
The big difference is that Rastafari recognise Haile Selassie as the son of god, fortold to come in the bible, Jesus would come again as King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Conquering Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah. Therefore Rastafari say we should all recognise Rastafari and live now instead of dwelling on about the past or trying to reach heaven (zion) or ****, live now.
Rastafari may be Afrocentric, it doesn't matter whether black or white to recognise Jah Rastafari as Igziabeher. It very well includes the history and truth of all races, from Noah whom had 3 sons, Ham, who led the African People, Japhet who start the White Race in Europe and Shem, father of Chinaman.

Rastafari is by no means a religion about herb, yet this is what people make of it.

Last edited:
Region is an insult to human decency, for our species to keep advancing we need to let go of primitive superstitions practices by our ancestors before science.
Science has shaped our life as we no it, it gave us TV, Light Bulbs, Transport and pretty much everything you use day to day.
Religion today is attacking science, I don't see why people who have opened the eye of reason should stand for it

I'll tell you my major gripe about organised religion, it's hereditary aspect. Most religious people have done so because their parents are of this persuasion. And so they're introduced to religion at an early age. The problem for me, is that they are not making an informed decision about what they believe. This is why to me, the only truly religious people are those who have converted religions, or gone from being an athiest to a believer.

I dont believe in God due to the fact he isn't real!
the bible i think is a book of tales from which ppl should only take the morals and try to live their lives by and not to actually blve that jebus walk on water and turned water into wine
also as ricky gervais once said god created man and woman (adam n eve) but also created a serpent ....that could talk....with perfect diction in the english language and was also a blabber mouth that told adam and eve that god was bullshitting about the fruit if he was real and was so great then the snake would never have been able to talk and blab gods secrets

i dont believe in lies or liars lol god is a liar

also watch this ricky gervais on the bible its extremely funny and educating it has opened my eyes >>[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I"]YouTube- Ricky - The Bible (animals)[/ame]

1) Do you Believe In God
Not in the bastardized judeo-christian-islamic sense of the word.

2) Are you Religious

No.

3) Why ?
Because no religion is worth believing in, except certain pagan ones. But even then no god is worth bowing down to. To elaborate, 'real' religions (judeochristian etc) kill the soul (for lack of a better word). I'd love to elaborate and write a 3 paragraph essay on the topic, but I don't want to be like the hypocritical preachers I despise. My life is summed up by the following 2 sentences. No gods, no masters. I am my own lord.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Is there any hard evidence that god helps those who pray and go to church? I'm pretty sure as many of them get cancer as those who don't. Cured from their illness? Illness is science. Someone comes down with anthrax poisoning, leaving them at home and praying for them will not save them. A doctor might though. When you cross the road do you look both ways? They've being able to stay strong through money issues because that's what we as humans do. Everyone goes through difficult times in their lives, just because people come through them doesn't mean it can be attributed to a god.
What prayer really does is increase your focus. Quantum science has proved that 2 realities can exist in once and we can change the outside world. Prayer has the potential to do that, but because prayer is just a perverted form of actual worship, it ends up doing nothing but sucking us into the stupid religious dogmas.

Worship itself is a stupid concept anyway. I mean, who the **** would want to submit their soul to an entity who may or may not be true (most likely may not). Live your life, our ancestors may have needed imaginary figures to justify themselves but we do not.

1. No.
2. No.
3. Because it's a bunch of bullshit (Previous posts have pretty much covered it). :P

And I don't want to get into an argument with any Theists because it's a waste of time. It's extremely hard for either to convince the other to see it from their point of view (I know from experience), so I'll just leave it at that.

kris if you want to live your life by starwars then i may join you :P

http://www.jedichurch.org/ <--- not a joke, a real religion.

they even demanded that "international human rights day" should be changed to "interstella human rights day" baha.

Just as ridic as any other religion IMO....

Edit: Also, thumbs up to the guy who posted Ricky Gervais on The Bible, one of my all time faves :D

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAH that star wars one reminds me of this wacky "Joy of Satan" site which said something about Satan being from space etc. LOL

to megahassan

yes we are all our own lords and control ours own destiny
i agree with this 100%

''ther are seven major religions in the world and if ther is a god (which there isn't) only 1 of these can be a true religion so imagine if u will that, when u die u go up to the heavens and the seven gods are all standing there and u have followed yours all of ur life and u go up to ur god and he produces a piece of paper.............BLUFF!!!!!

that is going to HURT isn't it?! 'Andy Parsons' on mock the week!!''

i refuse to follow a religion in this day and age because values are no loonger the same these days as they where back then plus sciience explains alot

furthermore people say that if u dont believe in god then u are an aetheist (or however u spell it lol) but i am not an aetheist either because i refuse to be labelled on anything whether it be race or religion or nationality because inside we all have the same colour of blood

hence why i didn't answer the poll

Last edited:
1) Do you Believe In God
Not in the bastardized judeo-christian-islamic sense of the word.

2) Are you Religious
No.

3) Why ?
Because no religion is worth believing in, except certain pagan ones. But even then no god is worth bowing down to. To elaborate, 'real' religions (judeochristian etc) kill the soul (for lack of a better word). I'd love to elaborate and write a 3 paragraph essay on the topic, but I don't want to be like the hypocritical preachers I despise. My life is summed up by the following 2 sentences. No gods, no masters. I am my own lord.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

what the ****.
i'm more than a little confused.

to megahassan

yes we are all our own lords and control ours own destiny
i agree with this 100%

''ther are seven major religions in the world and if ther is a god (which there isn't) only 1 of these can be a true religion so imagine if u will that, when u die u go up to the heavens and the seven gods are all standing there and u have followed yours all of ur life and u go up to ur god and he produces a piece of paper.............BLUFF!!!!!

that is going to HURT isn't it?! 'Andy Parsons' on mock the week!!''

i refuse to follow a religion in this day and age because values are no loonger the same these days as they where back then plus sciience explains alot

furthermore people say that if u dont believe in god then u are an aetheist (or however u spell it lol) but i am not an aetheist either because i refuse to be labelled on anything whether it be race or religion or nationality because inside we all have the same colour of blood

hence why i didn't answer the poll

what the ****. if you don't believe in god you are an atheist. thats the definition of an atheist.

Back