Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Religion is used as an scapegoat.... Without a doubt. Just becuase Religion causes Deaths( which it does) doesn't mean we should get rid of it, COmmunism caused more death then any other government in the history of Europe and it was a non religious state.

Right, and we eventually got rid of Communism, for the better of the most of Eastern Europe. Through that analogy, basically what you're saying is that the world would be improved if we abolished all religion.

As for the "bit of a ****" comment, really to me it matters not what I call him. Why should I listen to you just because you have an imaginary friend? ;)

Also, Joel wins. At everything.

Religion is used as an scapegoat.... Without a doubt. Just becuase Religion causes Deaths( which it does) doesn't mean we should get rid of it, COmmunism caused more death then any other government in the history of Europe and it was a non religious state.

And communism is dying out. We saw it didn't work, and the vast majority of country's wiped it out. The only country's that have it in place are those that choose to use it to control the people.. wait a second, there's similarities here!

But, religion causes deaths. So we must embrace it and cherish it. Communism causes deaths so we oust it and condemn it. Explain the difference to me.

Also, explain to me why God made his creation out of a huge heap of imperfections that I listed on the last page.

Last edited:
I cannot believe some of the hostility shown towards religion! What happened to freedom choice and all that? If someone chooses to be religious, simply let them! It's not doing any harm to you is it?

Right, and we eventually got rid of Communism, for the better of the most of Eastern Europe. Through that analogy, basically what you're saying is that the world would be improved if we abolished all religion.

As for the "bit of a ****" comment, really to me it matters not what I call him. Why should I listen to you just because you have an imaginary friend? ;)

Also, Joel wins. At everything.

But the thing is mate, Wars still have over political gains, USA invading Iraq for Oil, and citing 9/11 as a reason, when plans where in place before then.... Getting rid of religion may stop some wars, but to think it would be benificial is awful, Some of you have lived sheltered lives, but religion have aved a lot of people from bad places, I have had friends who religion has helped them turn away from life of Crime, Drugs and god nows what.

I just think it is disrepectful to call him a bit of a ****... Ofc it is up to you, just thought better of you.

Joel is pretty cool, i agree, he supports Utd after all.

Maths is also the the language through which the laws of nature expresses itself. If God created nature, he must have made the mathematics as they are. Maths proves the impossibility of believing in the right God, why would God's own law discredit his existence?

And communism is dying out. We saw it didn't work, and the vast majority of country's wiped it out. The only country's that have it in place are those that choose to use it to control the people.. wait a second, there's similarities here!

But, religion causes deaths. So we must embrace it and cherish it. Communism causes deaths so we oust it and condemn it. Explain the difference to me.

Also, explain to me why God made his creation out of a huge heap of imperfections that I listed on the last page.

If you want to wipe out religion, you will lose... You can't wipe out something like religion, it brings more then jsut death to the world.

I can't explain gods work, as i said before, I pray for an answer tonight, and live in hope he tells me one day, just for you.

Faith is a glass pillar, forged over thousands of years, such mastery has been put into its creation that it refracts light in beautiful ways, making it appear solid, but in reality it is paper thin, the smallest force; logic, reason, could easily destroy it.

But people fear that the glass pillar that lifts them so high, may break, so they build concrete walls of illogic, blindness (darkness may conceal, but light blinds forever) and thoughtlessness to protect this core of their existence.

They become sheep.

Logic and reason are marble pillars, beautiful, solid, and while they may be cold and hard, they will support any weight and hold up to even the strongest of forces.

I cannot believe some of the hostility shown towards religion! What happened to freedom choice and all that? If someone chooses to be religious, simply let them! It's not doing any harm to you is it?

thats what you get, when you get some ignorant, closed minded and disrespectful people together... opps( did i just describe half the fm-base community)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Maths is also the the language through which the laws of nature expresses itself. If God created nature, he must have made the mathematics as they are. Maths proves the impossibility of believing in the right God, why would God's own law discredit his existence?

to give us a choice..... beileve or not, it is all upto you, you should be happy he gave you that choice.

i don't really get what your getting at but i will try,

Your trying to use a historians fact to disprove jesus dying for our sins.. Well that argument would go no where, so i think it is best we agree to move on.

Now your what, Insulting me for not killing people and having a morale conscious...?

Just for you, Stalin and Hitler

No, from what I gathered you thought the only reason he died was he needed to die to absolve you. I'm trying to disprove that he died for your sins - he died because the Jews wanted him dead, and the Romans agreed, as Judea was horribly unstable and the Romans weren't keen on rebellion. That's why he got killed, not because the Romans thought it would be nice for him to die for you.

I have a morale conscience. Even LaVeyan satanism disagrees with killing. Stalin had no atheist reason to kill, he wanted power and wanted religion out as it was considered an enemy of his, as they wouldn't cooperate. Whereas Hitler, what he actually was (he was certainly raised Roman Catholic) in a but unsure, but he wanted a national church with him at its head to better control the masses.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ald5f_nao"]YouTube - Richard Dawkins vs Bill O'Reilly[/ame]

But the thing is mate, Wars still have over political gains, USA invading Iraq for Oil, and citing 9/11 as a reason, when plans where in place before then.... Getting rid of religion may stop some wars, but to think it would be benificial is awful, Some of you have lived sheltered lives, but religion have aved a lot of people from bad places, I have had friends who religion has helped them turn away from life of Crime, Drugs and god nows what.

Listen, I'm not disputing that we would have wars without religion - that would be foolish - but I'm suggesting there would be far less, and people would be far more rational and sensible. Sure, religion has done some good things, but maybe if as a society we focused more on getting rid of those bad things rather than religion we'd be better off, hm?

I just think it is disrepectful to call him a bit of a ****... Ofc it is up to you, just thought better of you.

Look at it my way: he doesn't exist. I can't be disrespectful to something that doesn't exist. Still, it's a useful guage of who I'm talking to, and always provokes SOME response.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Listen, I'm not disputing that we would have wars without religion - that would be foolish - but I'm suggesting there would be far less, and people would be far more rational and sensible. Sure, religion has done some good things, but maybe if as a society we focused more on getting rid of those bad things rather than religion we'd be better off, hm?

Look at it my way: he doesn't exist. I can't be disrespectful to something that doesn't exist. Still, it's a useful guage of who I'm talking to, and always provokes SOME response.

If we concentrated on Drugs, Gangs and Voilence, certainly i wouldnt of lost so many friends, and so many people would still be alive. Religion has caused War, but so has everything, do we get rid of everything that causes War, cause there wont be much left.

Look at it my way: He exists, He is my lord, He is the one i love, and i try to show respect to non Beileves, then someone, who you thought better off, called him a ****.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Wow that sounds very much like something you would read from a social descrimination book.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

this isnt a competition, well i never viewed it that way....

Look at it my way: He exists,

No......you believe he exists, evidence suggests its very unlikely he does not exist, you need to acknowledge that weather you choose to believe or not.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

If we concentrated on Drugs, Gangs and Voilence, certainly i wouldnt of lost so many friends, and so many people would still be alive. Religion has caused War, but so has everything, do we get rid of everything that causes War, cause there wont be much left.

Look at it my way: He exists, He is my lord, He is the one i love, and i try to show respect to non Beileves, then someone, who you thought better off, called him a ****.

Wow that sounds very much like something you would read from a social descrimination book.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

this isnt a competition, well i never viewed it that way....

also you didnt watch the videos

No......you believe he exists, evidence suggests its very unlikely he does not exist, you need to acknowledge that weather you choose to believe or not.

I said, Look at it my way, in the same mould Godcubed said it the other way. It isnt a hard concept, in my mind he exists, Hence why my Way.

EDIT: Sound doesnt work on my laptop, So cant view them, but there be some scientist trying to discredit religion, Like there hasnt been enough of them

Never been a war over Marmite. I'm being sarcastic, of course, but my point remains. There's never been a war over how much you DON'T believe in God, for example.

Fair enough, and I apologise. As I say though, at least it tells me you're not an extremist. An extremist would've threatened me with death by now...

So what you are syaing is, Racism would exist without religion, well thats bullshit to say the least.

preaching wouldnt exists without religion, another bullshit statement

Divisions amongst famiilies would happen due to racism already happening, it wasn't religion which encouraged racism, it was human nature.

Arranged marriages originally happened, for rich men, to keep the money with in friends/ family/

So Peadophillia wouldn't exist without religion, we wouldn'twake up in the morning read our papers and see a story about a sick 40 year old men grooming children. Bullshit again

Wars, Conflicts happen all the time, religion is usually used as a scapegoat reason. Thats is clear. so sorry but your post was *****.

of course racism would exist without religion... are you that deliuded that you cannot see people attacking other people because of the colour of their skin or are you only going by the fact that i said muslim terrorists?

preaching would be fogotten along with religion.. hence forth not a silly reply...

arranged marrages are wrong anyway... why should your parents choose who you marry? shouldnt you have the choice? (in some religions at least the parents choose)

did i say "paeodphillia would go with religion"? no i said that it would stop the stories of CATHLIC priests fiddling with kids...

so the crusades, the war on afganistan and iraq were not caused by religion? "MUSLIM TERRORITS attacked the world trade centre this morning"... notice the word MUSLIM in that statment? that sounds like religion to me...

why have you started to swear? are you that frustrated because religion is under the microscope here, that your resorting to vulgur language in order to try and make your point?

Back