Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Then why the **** would god send messages that are so easily misinterpreted?

I ask him and let you know mate. Thats a question i possibly can't answer and i think you know that.

It's his translated words, from Greek. Either your discrediting the Bible, which I believe to be heresy, and then...

Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Or, you pick and mix parts from the Bible to suit your own needs, with much the same result. And parts of the Bible are dictated by God ("And the Lord said unto them..."), but most is "inspired" and written down by people who heard it from someone in the pub.

I don't live my life by the bible, i live my life, through what i think is morally right and i love my god. I don't follow it word for word, never had never well.

I don't live my life by the bible, i live my life, through what i think is morally right and i love my god. I don't follow it word for word, never had never well.

Ah, so you pick and mix. Your neighbour must be happy, and you can do girls on the rag! Though, you're not a very good Christian if you don't live your life according to the Bible.

Ah, so you pick and mix. Your neighbour must be happy, and you can do girls on the rag! Though, you're not a very good Christian if you don't live your life according to the Bible.

That will be for God to Judge me on..... I am happy with my life and happy with my committment to him. If it isnt good enough for him, i will live with the consequences. Not you, so don't worry about me mate.

1) no

2) no

3) why should i limit myself to what somebody once preached? why should i have to do things on specific days? why should i have to live by what a book says (regardless of what religion people follow)? why would i join something that claims to be good.. but then fuels hate crimes, war and devistaion to lands?

and they say religion is a good thing? pfft yeah right.. the world would be better off with out it

1) no

2) no

3) why should i limit myself to what somebody once preached? why should i have to do things on specific days? why should i have to live by what a book says (regardless of what religion people follow)? why would i join something that claims to be good.. but then fuels hate crimes, war and devistaion to lands?

and they say religion is a good thing? pfft yeah right.. the world would be better off with out it

you dont have to be religious, but your last statement was stupid.

That will be for God to Judge me on..... I am happy with my life and happy with my committment to him. If it isnt good enough for him, i will live with the consequences. Not you, so don't worry about me mate.

I'm just pointing out slight hypocrisies here.

you dont have to be religious, but your last statement was stupid.

It would be better off without it.

I'm just pointing out slight hypocrisies here.

It would be better off without it.

My Behaviour Conforms to my morale standings thank you. you dont know anything about my Behviour. Jesus knew i was going to sin, Why do you think he took the punishment on the cross.

its a personal opinion... how is it stupid?

Please Explain how the world would be better off, with No faith.

1) I am in no way Mentally unstable, Just because i am happy with my Beliefs and can live my life with them, that doesnt make me unstable. The Bible is the book of god, if you dont like it, thats is your problem, But calling it toilet paper is disrepectful and wrong.

2) Your a fool, Science hasnt proved everything, and just cause there no evidence to scientific evidence to support religion, doesnt mean it isn't true, Me nor you where about when the earth was created.

3) I feel sorry for you, What are you living for my friend? If there is nothing after dead your screwed, You ****** up you one shot.

4) I believe in god, and i go to University, I am doing both....? Not all religious people are jsut sitting at home praying, we have lives you know, I go out, I drink, I smoke occassionally. Yes all Sins but i can love God and enjoy myself. Brainwashed at an early age, Another Stereotype, I turnt religious at 16. Is that to young for you? You have no idea what the truth is.

Rant over, but sersly some kids are retarded

Your
Point 1) I called it 'emergency' toilet paper, it would be far too expensive/inconvenient to use the bible everytime.

Point 2) ''Science hasnt proved everything'' I agree with you but i has proved more than religion. ''and just cause there no evidence to scientific evidence to support religion, doesnt mean it isn't true'' if there is no evidence then it isnt true.... just like a court of law.... Case ajourned.

Point 3) Im living until im dead like everyone else. then im going to rot in the ground like everyone else.

Point 4) I think u went off on a abit of a tangent here.

there would be no branding anybody such as "muslim terrorists"... there would be no pope, there would be no people trying to convert other people to their religions way of thinking... there would be no cults, there would be no divisions amongst interacial families (eg christian family and a muslim family comming together through marrage (so there is no issues regarding arrange marrage etc etc)) there would be no need for americans to say "god bless america" (that really gets on my ****)... there would be no vicious stories about catholic priests doing what they are alleged to be doing... nobody would be afraid of ****, nobody would freak out over somebody doing something with their religions book. the list is endless... so im sorry but religion is a waste of time

If God is all powerful, and all knowing? Then why did he create a universe that is built upon imperfection? We know that there is matter and antimatter, but there must have been one more piece of matter created than antimatter for our world of matter to develop. From there it was chance that the universe developed the way it did, how hydrogen formed in stars to fuse into helium for energy. That the Universe is constantly expanding, why not create it as it is?

Then there are yet more imperfections in the all powerful ones work, the Sun (our only energy source) is a limited supply, why not create an infinite supply of energy, the last generation of Earth will have to suffer a horrific death as the Sun burns out due to God's imperfection, why would he knowingly, choose to make those people suffer? Why does he make it so easy to falsify and doubt him? Why would he create the laws of Physics based upon imperfection in the first place? Genes can mutate, our solar system orbits a black hole. Why would he purposely create nature in such a way? Why does the Quantum world behave differently to our world? These questions explain my disbelief in God, it all implies that the laws of probability are why we are here, and not the creative force of God.

there would be no branding anybody such as "muslim terrorists"... there would be no pope, there would be no people trying to convert other people to their religions way of thinking... there would be no cults, there would be no divisions amongst interacial families (eg christian family and a muslim family comming together through marrage (so there is no issues regarding arrange marrage etc etc)) there would be no need for americans to say "god bless america" (that really gets on my ****)... there would be no vicious stories about catholic priests doing what they are alleged to be doing... nobody would be afraid of ****, nobody would freak out over somebody doing something with their religions book. the list is endless... so im sorry but religion is a waste of time

Wouldn't say its a waste of time to be fair. It did save a few of my friends lives after all. So there is some good to it

My Behaviour Conforms to my morale standings thank you. you dont know anything about my Behviour. Jesus knew i was going to sin, Why do you think he took the punishment on the cross.

He "took" the punishment because the Romans couldn't be arsed with another Jewish rebellion, at least until Vespasian finally had had enough and decided to spread them across the Empire.

And what I was suggesting with hypocrisy is the fact that for most Christians, following the Bible to the word this side of the Crusades usually ends up with them in jail. Your pick and mixing is similar to what Intelligent Design is all about, as opposed to Creationists which I at least can respect for being utterly batshit crazy.

As for no faith, name one part of Atheism that suggests we can kill for our lack of beliefs. There's plenty ways to find ways of justifying murder in any Holy Book. The normal response here is Stalin and Hitler btw.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but death annoys me. I want to be here for the very last day earth lives. Otherwise I'm missing out on Hover Cars and Teleportation and other cool **** you see in the films :@

If people werent fighting over religion they would be fighting over something else as it is human nature(why do you think communism doesnt work)

I am a Catholic christian but I am in no way devout and my faith has been challenged by the church child abuse scandals and therefore I believe in my own way nearly like my own religion. I use it for strenght because without God I would have no reason to try and do good

Your
Point 1) I called it 'emergency' toilet paper, it would be far too expensive/inconvenient to use the bible everytime.

Point 2) ''Science hasnt proved everything'' I agree with you but i has proved more than religion. ''and just cause there no evidence to scientific evidence to support religion, doesnt mean it isn't true'' if there is no evidence then it isnt true.... just like a court of law.... Case ajourned.

Point 3) Im living until im dead like everyone else. then im going to rot in the ground like everyone else.

Point 4) I think u went off on a abit of a tangent here.

1) to call the bible toilet paper is disrespectful and a twatish thing to do....

2) Just cause you can't prove something doesnt mean it isnt true... Thats happens all the time in life, guilty people work away from court all the time, hey i know people, who have got away with dealing....

3) Well i hope you enjoy rotting, cause i will enjoy heaven

4) I think you told religious people to go learn something, well i do learn....

1) I am in no way Mentally unstable, Just because i am happy with my Beliefs and can live my life with them, that doesnt make me unstable. The Bible is the book of god, if you dont like it, thats is your problem, But calling it toilet paper is disrepectful and wrong.

2) Your a fool, Science hasnt proved everything, and just cause there no evidence to scientific evidence to support religion, doesnt mean it isn't true, Me nor you where about when the earth was created.

3) I feel sorry for you, What are you living for my friend? If there is nothing after dead your screwed, You ****** up you one shot.

4) I believe in god, and i go to University, I am doing both....? Not all religious people are jsut sitting at home praying, we have lives you know, I go out, I drink, I smoke occassionally. Yes all Sins but i can love God and enjoy myself. Brainwashed at an early age, Another Stereotype, I turnt religious at 16. Is that to young for you? You have no idea what the truth is.

Rant over, but sersly some kids are retarded

1) Fair enough.

2) Science is a description of the laws of nature, but my last post shows why it helps disprove God.

3) Why must there be something after death? Why just have hope because you think it is right? Surely life is just life. And besides, why would God punish you for doubting, when he is supposed to be all loving and forgiving? So it's okay to let believers in for sinning, but non-believers not? That's hypocritical and contradicts God's nature.

Also, mathematically it is impossible to choose the "right" God. Since there are an unlimited amount of God's that have been believed in, are believed in and will be believed in, and we cannot dismiss the probability of any being true, then each must have an equal chance of being right. So, the probability of choosing the right God is 1/infinity, which is zero.

Back