Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
i wasn't clear enough. what i meant was when i'm also told by people to have faith in a higher power, which i find hilarious. i'll try to expand on this after, if you still find this phrase weird.
I don't find the phrase weird. oO)

So you're satisfied with not knowing? Why is it socially accepted to believe in God, based on the same evidence of Santa Claus? God represents hope and comfort, and I applaud people where that's all they need. But I struggle to believe in something with no evidence and an illogical thought. I do also believe that the world would be a far better place without religion though.

Do you knoe everything about this world....? didnt think so!!! Not knowing can be the best thing possible, Somethings are better left un touched. No-one is trying to make you beileve in god, See this really gets to me, all i hear is, "I hate it when people preach this and that" but i havent seen one Religious person on this thread try to "Turn/ Convert" anyone to religion, yet i have seen many non religious people try to disprove, Insult and just being **** rude to religious people.

He sends people to **** for all eternity, where he watches them scream and writhe in pain while he smiles and laughs at your eternal damnation.

But he loves you.

He sends people to **** for all eternity, where he watches them scream and writhe in pain while he smiles and laughs at your eternal damnation.

But he loves you.

He sends Sinners and bad people to ****, and they got what they deserve....

Do you knoe everything about this world....? didnt think so!!! Not knowing can be the best thing possible, Somethings are better left un touched. No-one is trying to make you beileve in god, See this really gets to me, all i hear is, "I hate it when people preach this and that" but i havent seen one Religious person on this thread try to "Turn/ Convert" anyone to religion, yet i have seen many non religious people try to disprove, Insult and just being **** rude to religious people.

Nobody knows everything about the world. What separates us is that some try and find out what they don't know using science, and others just put it in the "I don't know, it must be God" pile.

Nobody knows everything about the world. What separates us is that some try and find out what they don't know using science, and others just put it in the "I don't know, it must be God" pile.

Or some would rather not know, cause to understand the whole world and our existence, Not even everyone precious Science can solve/ figure out.

I know that any topic goes, but I think that somebody is going to say something that will really offend, we are now on page 20, is it really necessary to continue as this is a football forum lets get back to lighter topics this is just my humble opinion.

Or some would rather not know, cause to understand the whole world and our existence, Not even everyone precious Science can solve/ figure out.

It's not just about knowing for the sake of knowing, the more we understand about our universe the more and more technology will improve. It's in human nature to ask questions, the day humanity doesn't care about finding out is the day the human race dies.

He sends Sinners and bad people to ****, and they got what they deserve....

he sends people who do not believe in him to ****, regardless of weather or not they were a good person.

I know that any topic goes, but I think that somebody is going to say something that will really offend, we are now on page 20, is it really necessary to continue as this is a football forum lets get back to lighter topics this is just my humble opinion.

This is an off topic forum, no?

It's not just about knowing for the sake of knowing, the more we understand about our universe the more and more technology will improve. It's in human nature to ask questions, the day humanity doesn't care about finding out is the day the human race dies.

The same can be said about faith and belief, " The day the human race stopings believing is the day it dies" it is what seperates us from Machine, Our Ability to Think what we want, and to believe what we want. Yet people want to Abolish religion.

he sends people who do not believe in him to ****, regardless of weather or not they were a good person.

He will give you plenty of chances to believe, but i wont preach about that.

The same can be said about faith and belief, " The day the human race stopings believing is the day it dies" it is what seperates us from Machine, Our Ability to Think what we want, and to believe what we want. Yet people want to Abolish religion.

He will give you plenty of chances to believe, but i wont preach about that.

yes but if you did not believe, but lead a good life eg spent your life helping people being unselfish, then you will still go to ****

Some would say that believing in religion isn't thinking ;) Emotion separates us from machine. Belief in the rational is very different to that of the irrational.

yes but if you did not believe, but lead a good life eg spent your life helping people being unselfish, then you will still go to ****

Some Exceptions may happen, I have never died so dont know the whole selection procedure tbh.

Some would say that believing in religion isn't thinking ;) Emotion separates us from machine. Belief in the rational is very different to that of the irrational.

Some would say, that asking Questions, that don't need an answer is irrational. ;) a human quality is that one.

My argument still stands, the atheist lays the burden of proof at the Theists doorstep, because they should surely validate their belief. Newton believed in the laws of gravitation, it would mean nothing if he didn't validate it. And the atheist is validating what exactly? Why they don't believe in something? Lack of evidence. I don't believe many people would stay atheist if their was undeniable proof of a divine being, would there? I guess you could say that atheism should be disproving God, but is that not why we're probing deeper and deeper into the realms of our universe? We may not have the answers now, but what is religion doing to find them?

There's plenty of illogical things that happen in our world, take a look into the weird and wonderful world of quantum mechanics. For example, if you fire a single photon at two slits, you will record data showing a photon goes through two slits. How does a photon become two and separate to go through two things at once? Even stranger, when you put instruments to observe the photons going through two slits, the effect ends. We don't know why this happens, but we know it happens. It is logical to believe in something where there is evidence to support it, no matter how insane the idea is. It is not at all logical to believe in something that has zero evidence and relies on faith.

So the bible is worth nowt how does anybody know that the bible is not worth the paper it is written on, I bet the majority of people on this forum celebrated Christmas if so WHY?

Is Christmas not a Christian celebration the birth of Jesus. So why celebrate

Some Exceptions may happen, I have never died so dont know the whole selection procedure tbh.

Some would say, that asking Questions, that don't need an answer is irrational. ;) a human quality is that one.

the bible does not say so, so that's only your assumptions

Back