Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
So how do you prioritise a question? What question is more important than knowing what we're made of, understanding our world and how it works? Very few. We can only advance as humanity if we know the answer to these questions, humanity will be wiped out forever if we don't discover the secrets, so tell me what's more important?

It's difficult to comprehend just how large an impact our race would be affected by learning the secrets and workings of our universe.

But somethings are better now known, and we dont know, how our universe works, whats our there, maybe it be better if we never find out, i am happy knowing very few things. One i love my god, two i love my family and friends and three i am blesses with the oppurtinity to live, why should i try to understand the reasons behind these.

But somethings are better now known, and we dont know, how our universe works, whats our there, maybe it be better if we never find out, i am happy knowing very few things. One i love my god, two i love my family and friends and three i am blesses with the oppurtinity to live, why should i try to understand the reasons behind these.

Ignorance is bliss.

Well that is where we differ then. :) Why are they better not known? It has no negative impacts on our lives, it can only help benefit us.

In some cases it really is.

If we dont know the information, how can we say it will have no negative effect...

Knowledge is power. Whatever we discover, was there anyway, we just know of it now. Physics isn't creating anything in the universe, just discovering how and why it works.

Knowledge is power. Whatever we discover, was there anyway, we just know of it now. Physics isn't creating anything in the universe, just discovering how and why it works.

Knowledge is power, and too much Power is deadly, so too Much knowledge is dangerous...

But if we knew how it worked, then maybe physics could create it? **** like re-creating the big bang... Way over my head, but all I know is that science can be a dangerous route..

But if we knew how it worked, then maybe physics could create it? **** like re-creating the big bang... Way over my head, but all I know is that science can be a dangerous route..

Kinda agree with ya there. Personally i think they're playing with fire with that Large Hadron Collider. recreate the big bang! its called a big bang for a reason you dicks!!! lol

We're not creating new laws though, Science is dangerous, nuclear weapons is through them after all. But then look at all the benefits of Science, they far, far, far out weigh the dangers. Even with nuclear weapons, the opposite to them is using Nuclear fusion to create energy cleanly, on a massive scale which uses no non-renewable resources.

Kinda agree with ya there. Personally i think they're playing with fire with that Large Hadron Collider. recreate the big bang! its called a big bang for a reason you dicks!!! lol

They're not re-creating the big bang, they're re-creating the moments after it to find key information about what happened a few trillionths of a second after the big bang, and most importantly finding the particle that is key to the origin of mass.

What a useless thread.

Anyone accepting and denying the EXISTENCE of God believes in him be it hypothetically or as a deity. So no one is agnostic. Everyone believes God is SOMETHING to them - so he is always going to be believed in. Now a thread on debate over his real world existence and faith is another thing.

What? So by not believing in God, I am believing in God because my God is the non-existent God?

Last edited:
What a useless thread.

Anyone accepting and denying the EXISTENCE of God believes in him be it hypothetically or as a deity. So no one is agnostic. Everyone believes God is SOMETHING to them - so he is always going to be believed in. Now a thread on debate over his real world existence and faith is another thing.

We're not creating new laws though, Science is dangerous, nuclear weapons is through them after all. But then look at all the benefits of Science, they far, far, far out weigh the dangers. Even with nuclear weapons, the opposite to them is using Nuclear fusion to create energy cleanly, on a massive scale which uses no non-renewable resources.

Nuclear weapons thats another debate, did you know they are still effecting new borns today, 60 years on... Wow eh?

anyway way to tired to cont tonight, leave your reply and i get back to you 2mo.

Last edited:
Nuclear weapons thats another debate, did you know they are still effecting new borns today, 60 years on... Wow eh?

anyway way to tired to cont tonight, leave your reply and i get back to you 2mo.

Yes it's awful, but Science gave the technology, but it didn't pull the trigger. On the flip side, Science has touched each and everyone of our lives with rapid advancement in the past 90 years: Internet, phones, TV, medicine, transport, energy resources etc. I guess I just value things that physically advance ourselves and we can prove exist rather than blind faith.

What a useless thread.

Erm, what? Doesn't make sense

What I don't get is why people have to try and disprove God, I personally am agnostic, and am open to suggestions and pov's, if people get satisfaction and joy from believing in a higher power who are we to judge. After all, we know **** all.

pretty much what i said few pages back. I'd never judge anybody, or put them down because they believe in something, and I don't. Like i've said before, it benefits them because it gives them some sort of belief, and gives them the strength to carry on. People who don't know anything about something, don't have that right to judge someone. The rational thing to do, is just to let them get on with what they do. It makes them happy, so why deprive them of what makes them happy

I do not believe in God because there simply is not enough solid proof that it exists. If I was to believe in God or Jesus then I may as well believe in other mythical characters like father christmas, the tooth fairy and the grim reaper.

I do not believe in God because there simply is not enough solid proof that it exists. If I was to believe in God or Jesus then I may as well believe in other mythical characters like father christmas, the tooth fairy and the grim reaper.
There is no solid proof that anything exists.

You know.

Just saying.

Back