Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Being brought up atheist is very different from religion - atheism is like a blank sheet; it's a lack of religion. It's not like Islam v Christianity; there just isn't a belief. You are not brainwashed into thinking in a specific way.

Who started the brainwashing then for Hinduism ?

Being brought up atheist is very different from religion - atheism is like a blank sheet; it's a lack of religion. It's not like Islam v Christianity; there just isn't a belief. You are not brainwashed into thinking in a specific way.

thats not entirely true, Most schools teach a lack of religion, and how at the start " the big bang" happened, From a young age children are taught that is how it happened...? As young as 3 or 4 in this country, Wouldnt you call teaching something like that to a child who isnt ready to make a decision for themselves brainwashing..?

thats not entirely true, Most schools teach a lack of religion, and how at the start " the big bang" happened, From a young age children are taught that is how it happened...? As young as 3 or 4 in this country, Wouldnt you call teaching something like that to a child who isnt ready to make a decision for themselves brainwashing..?

Yes, when I was 4 and got told the universe was started by a big bang I thought to myself: "You know what, this religion thing isn't very true"

I'm sure the fact that when I was young I was told to do this, or God will do X by schools. And God is the almighty, and to sing songs of praise about God, and to have to pray, is more likely to have an influencing effect.

Yes, when I was 4 and got told the universe was started by a big bang I thought to myself: "You know what, this religion thing isn't very true"

I'm sure the fact that when I was young I was told to do this, or God will do X by schools. And God is the almighty, and to sing songs of praise about God, and to have to pray, is more likely to have an influencing effect.

I was never taught about god as a youngster... It wasnt until i hit 15/16 i thought about God....
At Primary school we had a simple timeline on the wall, And it clearly stated that the big bang came first.... then followed through history.

I was never taught about god as a youngster... It wasnt until i hit 15/16 i thought about God....
At Primary school we had a simple timeline on the wall, And it clearly stated that the big bang came first.... then followed through history.

Religious education is also a far simpler topic for young children. R.E. is taught at an impressionable age, where the science behind things is beyond comprehension. You don't begin to learn the true science behind the universe until you're far older. And also, a timeline on the wall saying the big bang came first is brainwashing? I thought it was quite common in religion to say that God started the big bang, to say that just because children are told what it is (Not even explained a thing about it) brainwashes them to atheistic ways is rubbish. Telling a child that God is the creator and all that, and bringing them up spending their whole childhood in a religious way, that is brainwashing.

You were 4 and decided religion wasnt very true

Religious education is also a far simpler topic for young children. R.E. is taught at an impressionable age, where the science behind things is beyond comprehension. You don't begin to learn the true science behind the universe until you're far older. And also, a timeline on the wall saying the big bang came first is brainwashing? I thought it was quite common in religion to say that God started the big bang, to say that just because children are told what it is (Not even explained a thing about it) brainwashes them to atheistic ways is rubbish. Telling a child that God is the creator and all that, and bringing them up spending their whole childhood in a religious way, that is brainwashing.

I wasnt brought up that way in the school i went to though.... I was always taught the big bang happened, END OFF. I wasnt taugh RE until i left Primary school and even then it was " this is what happened, this is the correct way" it was always " Christians think this...." " Muslims think that...." Why it science i was told " This is what happened..." "This is how it all works..."

Doesnt Science, English and Maths more important? so how come R.E is optional for a half GCSE or a full GCSE were you have to stay behind after the school to learn more doesnt sound important to me

I wasnt brought up that way in the school i went to though.... I was always taught the big bang happened, END OFF. I wasnt taugh RE until i left Primary school and even then it was " this is what happened, this is the correct way" it was always " Christians think this...." " Muslims think that...." Why it science i was told " This is what happened..." "This is how it all works..."

Your school was very different to the current curriculum then.

Doesnt Science, English and Maths more important? so how come R.E is optional for a half GCSE or a full GCSE were you have to stay behind after the school to learn more doesnt sound important to me

R.E. is compulsory unless it has changed in the 2 years since I left. Also, even if it's not you're more capable of rational thought than an 8 year old, and you have the corresponding science argument to make a decision. Plus, we weren't even talking about GCSE, we were talking about primary school where children are impressionable.

Of course Science, English and Maths are more important. They're the essential skills you need in life to be able to get employed with a half decent job.

R.E. is compulsory unless it has changed in the 2 years since I left. Also, even if it's not you're more capable of rational thought than an 8 year old, and you have the corresponding science argument to make a decision. Plus, we weren't even talking about GCSE, we were talking about primary school where children are impressionable.

Of course Science, English and Maths are more important. They're the essential skills you need in life to be able to get employed with a half decent job.

Cant remember R.E in primary school I remember the school pray which I took the **** out and had to stay in all day and couldnt play football

Who started the brainwashing then for Hinduism ?

Hinduists. Not sure where you're going with this.

Science vs. magic. Shall we drop teaching kids maths then? Until they can make a choice? No, religion is a completely different thing. Science is neutral. Scientists talk about observed things, not beliefs. There is no evidence to suggest God created anything. Intelligent Design people have already picked the answer and try to justify their answer by picking and mixing scientific evidence.

I was taught about religion from a very young age (I was drugged by the waffles after Church into going), and as I eventually began my university education (biochemistry and microbiology), it was pretty easy to see that magic entities such as souls and God doesn't exist.

Your point?
Hes saying religion is brainwashing so how can people who follow Hinduism been brainwashed when there is no founder unlike christianity were Jesus could be the real deal, the agent that started "brainwashing" or a very convincing liar or just a normal person who was made to look divine after his death

Hes saying religion is brainwashing so how can people who follow Hinduism been brainwashed when there is no founder unlike christianity were Jesus could be the real deal, the agent that started "brainwashing" or a very convincing liar or just a normal person who was made to look divine after his death

Your post makes **** all sense.

Your post makes **** all sense.

for brainwashing you need an agent or agencies (person or group of people) to compromised individual(s) actions thoughts whatever, if your saying religion is brainwashing how can people follow hinduism if there was no founder to start brainwashing them?
Now I used hinduism as an example because there is no founder unlike Christianity were the religion was started by Jesus

Back