Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
People accept gravity because if you drop something, it falls. It's an observable, testable event. Many people accept God because other people do. It's very different. And for ****'s sake, don't link rubbish, especially when you have no understanding of the matter at hand.

We accept because we are taught it in schools and nobody argues about it, also people believe in god for many different reason other then other people do, so take a chill pill stop thinking that your opinions right and accept other peoples opinions

We accept because we are taught it in schools and nobody argues about it, also people believe in god for many different reason other then other people do, so take a chill pill stop thinking that your opinions right and accept other peoples opinions

go on a very high building. jump. what happens?

many don't choose religion, they're born into it.

Depends, If you have a glinder, you glind across the air, If you drink red bull you fly. ;)

Let's see:

Science can prove everything it claims.

Religion can't.

That's my view.

You die, they might be born, but dont have to accept friend of mine from school but now hes a pot smoking dresses like hes come from ozzy osbourne concert so i dont think believes in god anymore

There is one thing we can prove about God, and that's if he does really exist he's pretty crappy at his job... And an even worse father.

The only reason you accept God is that humanity has been indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing there are higher powers, other than the mighty Santa. And I hardly see how teaching kids how the world works can be a bad thing.

Reminds me of a story actually - the captain of the Strathclyde frisbee, a mechanical engineer undegrad, decided that he didn't believe in gravity, so he jumped out a window on the 5th floor. He survived, ran back up, put Me -1, Gravity - 0 on the blackboard. Then jumped again to do a best of three. Broke his leg, the eejit.

The only reason you accept God is that humanity has been indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing there are higher powers, other than the mighty Santa. And I hardly see how teaching kids how the world works can be a bad thing.

In all honesty that could be used both ways, most "rational" people are atheists, nowadays people are brought up as atheists, and look upon those who are religious as strange, or less intelligent than themselves, so it is not really any different to the way religious people have been "brainwashed". I'm not religious just don't think that's a very good argument..

You die, they might be born, but dont have to accept friend of mine from school but now hes a pot smoking dresses like hes come from ozzy osbourne concert so i dont think believes in god anymore

what? i said jump of a building, not tell me about your pot smoking friend.

Reminds me of a story actually - the captain of the Strathclyde frisbee, a mechanical engineer undegrad, decided that he didn't believe in gravity, so he jumped out a window on the 5th floor. He survived, ran back up, put Me -1, Gravity - 0 on the blackboard. Then jumped again to do a best of three. Broke his leg, the eejit.

Isnt brainwashing more like for "cults" then world religions that have been around for thousands of years, didnt branwashing start in the korean war

In all honesty that could be used both ways, most "rational" people are atheists, nowadays people are brought up as atheists, and look upon those who are religious as strange, or less intelligent than themselves, so it is not really any different to the way religious people have been "brainwashed". I'm not religious just don't think that's a very good argument..

If you're of rational thought then you haven't been taught what to believe, you're using your own rational ideas to arrive at conclusions. I know many families bring up children being taught that God is right, not to question his will, centre their lives around God. I don't know of any families that purposely bring a child up with anti-religious sentiments. The atheistic family just happens not to believe in religion, they haven't been brainwashed against it.

Didnt read it just thought everyone accepts gravity and what it does so i thought it still wouldnt be called a theory

Everything is called a theory. But that site you linked, especially considering you didn't even read it and/or not understand what was on it is just plain ridiculous. Please tell me your background in Physics that's enabling you to question Gravity, or tell me what calculus is, since that was a fundamental reason the article said the theory is false. There are discrepancies in Newton's theory, which relativistic mechanics solved. Do you realise how ludicrous it is to say the theory is wrong? Gravity isn't just things fall to the ground, if we had made a fundamental error in our theory of gravity then we wouldn't have satellites in the sky right now, we could not have sent a rocket to the moon etc.

Isnt brainwashing more like for "cults" then world religions that have been around for thousands of years, didnt branwashing start in the korean war

Just no. Because using something to control the masses began in the Korean war..

what? i said jump of a building, not tell me about your pot smoking friend.

He was born into a religious family, so bad that he wasnt allowed watch telly, swear and got bullied for it in the end he pretended he was still "religious" to parents but at school he was a rebel without a cause annoying actually. But now if you mention god he will probably go "stop talking ****"

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Everything is called a theory. But that site you linked, especially considering you didn't even read it and/or not understand what was on it is just plain ridiculous. Please tell me your background in Physics that's enabling you to question Gravity, or tell me what calculus is, since that was a fundamental reason the article said the theory is false. There are discrepancies in Newton's theory, which relativistic mechanics solved. Do you realise how ludicrous it is to say the theory is wrong? Gravity isn't just things fall to the ground, if we had made a fundamental error in our theory of gravity then we wouldn't have satellites in the sky right now, we could not have sent a rocket to the moon etc.

High school werent intrested in Physics. BUT i never said gravity is wrong and I saying how can people argue about to Gravity is done and dusted we know how it works, we see how it work so i dont argue about it because theres nothing to argue about.

Closest thing I got to gravity was in Forensic Science learning about gravitation blood drops

Last edited:
He was born into a religious family, so bad that he wasnt allowed watch telly, swear and got bullied for it in the end he pretended he was still "religious" to parents but at school he was a rebel without a cause annoying actually. But now if you mention god he will probably go "stop talking ****"

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

High school werent intrested in Physics. BUT i never said gravity is wrong and I saying how can people argue about to Gravity is done and dusted we know how it works, we see how it work so i dont argue about it because theres nothing to argue about

Why the **** did you link a propaganda site, filled with complete rubbish that has zero factual evidence in it whatsoever? Why are you arguing over Gravity if you don't know anything about Physics? People don't argue over our current gravitational model, the debate is over quantum gravitational effects that we still don't fully understand.

Also, I didn't see anyone discredit it Gravity, so there was no point linking that ridiculous site in the first place.

Why the **** did you link a propaganda site, filled with complete rubbish that has zero factual evidence in it whatsoever? Why are you arguing over Gravity if you don't know anything about Physics? People don't argue over our current gravitational model, the debate is over quantum gravitational effects that we still don't fully understand.

Also, I didn't see anyone discredit it Gravity, so there was no point linking that ridiculous site in the first place.

First site that popped up i thought it is strange I thought gravity was set in stone theres nothing that can disprove it. thats all.

I expected quantum to appear somewhere

Being brought up atheist is very different from religion - atheism is like a blank sheet; it's a lack of religion. It's not like Islam v Christianity; there just isn't a belief. You are not brainwashed into thinking in a specific way.

Back