Do You Consider Genie Scout Cheating?

Adix

Reaction score
Simple question requires simple answer.

Imo, its not. It just helps me identify who is good and who is not. What is so bad about that?

Obv, I do saves without genie scout, but i always like looking at beast F/A.

Well I think it is cheating, I used it alot in FM 2010, now I don't use it , but hey, its your game.

If you can placate your conscience, then use it.

I do.

sorry, but what is the genie scout

A program which tells you the CA/PA of players, all around the game.

Hmmm, I have used it in a few saves, but am determined to start a new game without touching it.

A program which tells you the CA/PA of players, all around the game.

Hmmm, I have used it in a few saves, but am determined to start a new game without touching it.

sounds helpful, but might take some of the fun out of fm

Well it depends, because most CA is variable, altough some players have fixed PA. Genie Scout doesn't take much fun out of it, but FMRTE does, STAY AWAY! (I regret knowing it)

sounds helpful, but might take some of the fun out of fm

FMRTE = blatant cheating

Using Genie Scout gives you an advantage but I don't find it as cheating

Yes, does Mark Hughes (1st manager that came to my head) know the potential this guy can reach when trained right.
Doesnt it also tell you the hidden attributes + how much his club will sell him for?

Obviously you bought the game so you can play it however you like but of course it is cheating

FMRTE is cheating but I don't think Genie Scout is. I know obviously the fact that you get a quantified mark on how good players are and how good they become makes the game easier, but it helps widen your knowledge of different players

Yes, does Mark Hughes (1st manager that came to my head) know the potential this guy can reach when trained right.
Doesnt it also tell you the hidden attributes + how much his club will sell him for?

Obviously you bought the game so you can play it however you like but of course it is cheating

FMRTE is cheating yeh.

And yeh, it tells you how much a team will sell him for and stuff, but doesn't give him to you.

Not cheating per se, and I do use it, when managing big clubs.

I do yes, you can find the best players with the click of a button.

FMRTE is cheating yeh.

And yeh, it tells you how much a team will sell him for and stuff, but doesn't give him to you.
Does genie scout not tell you that to?

Meh, still know how much potential a player has is still cheating imo

It is cheating, it gives you precise information that you simply shouldn't have to give you an advantage in the game.

its a program that gives you an unfair advantage to find world class youngsters, it is cheating but i still do it and i bet most other people will

Of course it is cheating. Considering that FM11 is a test and that the players are the answers to it, then why shouldn't Genie Scout be considered cheating? It gives you all the players you want, for any position, all their future stats... Isn't this a big help when buying a player?

Yes, it is not as flagrant as FMRTE, but for me it is clearly cheating. Used it a lot in FM10 but now I stopped, even because it doesn't open my saves...

EDIT:
And yes, of course it is your game and that you may play it the way you want. But if you play this way, then don't come over here celebrating an amazing signing if you used GScout. The same with FMRTE and then say you managed to waste 140M with a 40M budget. And the same with using the corner bug and then congratulate yourself for scoring +120 goals.
You are free to use all these forms of cheating. But you are not free to come here and then say you discovered the best talent/tactic, when it was a program which did that for you.

Last edited: