Reaction score
I just had one of those moment in FM where I'm 1-1 and my player missed a one-on-one. I shouted, "**** sake. What do I pay you for.... wait, I should be more supporting, come on Pinto, I believe in you!!!"

My roommate knocked on my door asking what was up, I opened the door, pointed at the screen and he just nodded and walked away. I then heard him tell his girlfriend "He's getting into it today, hope he wins a few or he'll be difficult to talk to later."

Just wondering if anyone else dose random things playing this game. Do you have any stories of loved ones struggling to understand; or ones who understand only too well?

I tell my wife how i'm doing showing her my success and she just looks at me like grow up. :S

I had a moment of pride the other day when I heard some guy I signed for Crewe Alex had nearly scored in the Scottish Cup or something. They were talking about it on the radio and I wasn't paying attention to my family before out of nowhere I just yell:"He keeps asking for more gametime and a better contract on FM." I then gave my family a 10 minute lecture on agents and player interaction. I got no appreciation as well. If only they would understand...

Hahah love this.. Although I can't say I have had a similar experience.

This genuinely is the normal dialogue in my house hold:

Wife: Babe could you help me tidy up the kitchen?
Me: In a minute, I just need to finalise this signing.
Wife: What?
Me: Tielemans' agent is playing hard ball.
Wife: Can you stop playing that f**king game for one minute and help me please.
Me: It's not a game.. do you think Jose Mourinho's wife hassles him like this.
Wife: I want a divorce.

I am now on my third keyboard due to players missing crucial one on ones in big games.

I also tend to do a victory lap around my house when i win a trophy, the looks i get from my wife and even my dog is unreal, they should be happy that they have such a successful football manager in the household.

I also tend to play the champions league tune before each game in the competition as well cause im sad.

You're not sad mate, you may well be my new hero! :D

Haha, Trying to explain to your wife / family members the importance of such key events in your season is like talking to a brick wall, I once came across a guy in a pub and randomly he spoke about how his wife cant get him off football manager, i then bought him a pint and that was us sharing stories while my wife sat a the table bemused.

I often get asked to do something by the missus and she is told to wait as i'm in the middle of a press conference.

It doesn't go down well

Haha, Trying to explain to your wife / family members the importance of such key events in your season is like talking to a brick wall, I once came across a guy in a pub and randomly he spoke about how his wife cant get him off football manager, i then bought him a pint and that was us sharing stories while my wife sat a the table bemused.

Beautiful! I am not allowed to play FM while the missus is in the house & awake. This has lead me to getting up at 4am on occasions of importance just to sneak a couple of games in before work.

She calls them "my little men."

"You spend way too much time playing with your little men & not enough with me" she says.

Women, when you can entertain me for 12 hours straight we'll talk! LOL

I have to say guys I have the perfect wife..

I get in from work around 6pm, by the time I help with the dinner and put my son to bed, I am on FM by 7ish.

I will sit there until 10-11pm playing FM whilst she is on the other side of the sofa and all she asks is that I talk to her once in awhile and she gets to decide what goes on telly (hence the reason I know everything about Vampire Diaries, The Originals, TOWIE and Made In Chelsea)

Beautiful! I am not allowed to play FM while the missus is in the house & awake. This has lead me to getting up at 4am on occasions of importance just to sneak a couple of games in before work.

She calls them "my little men."

"You spend way too much time playing with your little men & not enough with me" she says.

Women, when you can entertain me for 12 hours straight we'll talk! LOL

You sir are a legend! Glad im not the only one who thinks/acts like this, I too have been found by my misses at 5am playing it before work haha, I also tend to ask her when shes getting up for work to wake me up even tho its my day off as i have a busy schedule on FM to work through haha.

I get in from work around 6pm, by the time I help with the dinner and put my son to bed, I am on FM by 7ish.

I will sit there until 10-11pm playing FM whilst she is on the other side of the sofa and all she asks is that I talk to her once in awhile and she gets to decide what goes on telly (hence the reason I know everything about Vampire Diaries, The Originals, TOWIE and Made In Chelsea)

You've done very well mate, never let her go! LOL

My downfall is clearly that i have desktop pc and not a laptop, Either that its the wife....

Mine goes up and wathces tv in the bedroom so i can watch Sky Sports while playing football manager.

I get home from work, the laptop is switched on and doesn't get turned off until i go to bed.

She isn't a bad old girl thinking about it...

Nobody tell her i said she's ok though else she'll start getting ideas

I often find myself yelling or cheering as if it was a real match on the TV. Often times I'll bang my hand on the top of the table in frustration which promts a laugh from my gf in the next room.

I'm lucky cos my missus is a gamer so she understands. She also watches Sky Sports with me and the other day i found her watching UFC lol, i think she's a keeper!