I have a new one guys, this is a quote, word for word that took place last night:

(Wife looks at laptop)
Wife: I thought you said you wasn't going to do any more of them stupid stories?
Me: No I said I was going to give it a rest until I get a new laptop.
Wife: But you haven't got a new one?
Me: What are you the laptop police?
Wife: So I am going to bed alone tonight?
Me: I promise I will be up in half an hour (at this point it's around 9.30pm)

I went to bed at 12.30pm...

Can I ask, how many others play out scenarios and interviews as your in game manager in your head?

Bryan Swanson quizzing you on transfer dealings or wearing them stupid earphones for the Gary Linekar interview on Match of the Day?

Can I ask, how many others play out scenarios and interviews as your in game manager in your head?

Bryan Swanson quizzing you on transfer dealings or wearing them stupid earphones for the Gary Linekar interview on Match of the Day?

I'm always talking to myself when I'm playing. Sometimes its like match commentary during games - "Oh, what a ball!", "Renteria through on goal!" etc.

Other times I'll just be wondering around the house or at work in a world of my own thinking about my last match, transfer or what ever & start asking myself questions or playing out scenario's in my head.

I tell myself that its to help flesh things out story wise but I did it long before I started doing stories so I think I may just be a tad mental!

Also, I wonder if anyone finds themselves thinking about FM at inappropriate times?

I was sitting in the doctors office whilst my daughter was being checked out this afternoon, she's been quite sick, & all I could think about was "Who's a good, cheap striker that could bag me 20 goals in La Liga?"

The doc was asking us questions & the missus kept looking over at me to confirm her answer, of course I just agreed but in truth I have no idea what I was agreeing too or even what the question was!

I'm always talking to myself when I'm playing. Sometimes its like match commentary during games - "Oh, what a ball!", "Renteria through on goal!" etc.

Other times I'll just be wondering around the house or at work in a world of my own thinking about my last match, transfer or what ever & start asking myself questions or playing out scenario's in my head.

I tell myself that its to help flesh things out story wise but I did it long before I started doing stories so I think I may just be a tad mental!

Also, I wonder if anyone finds themselves thinking about FM at inappropriate times?

I was sitting in the doctors office whilst my daughter was being checked out this afternoon, she's been quite sick, & all I could think about was "Who's a good, cheap striker that could bag me 20 goals in La Liga?"

The doc was asking us questions & the missus kept looking over at me to confirm her answer, of course I just agreed but in truth I have no idea what I was agreeing too or even what the question was!

You're a terrible father :p

I used to be really into it years ago and have sheets of notes in a folder beside me on the computer table.
On many occasions I'd jump up screaming and punching the air if We scored a winner deep into injury time against a rival.

I'm 42 now though... So I'm a bit more relaxed about my game play.
Also... When my girlfriend who's ten years younger than me asks if I'm coming to bed?? Bye bye FM!! ;)

When my girlfriend who's ten years younger than me asks if I'm coming to bed?? Bye bye FM!! ;)

Hahaha, my GF is also 10 years my junior!

Bedtime is the one time of the day she has my undivided attention, how we ended up with he daughter in fact! :p

Funny reading all of these.

I'm quite lucky with my girlfriend, she actually likes watching it when I'm playing it in bed next to her on my Surface as she said it's quite colourful with the dots running around and it relaxes her enough to fall asleep as she hates silence, so hearing me going "what a pass" or "what were you thinking?" helps her. She claims it isn't because she finds it boring. She also prefers that to say Fifa on the Xbox as I'm more focused when playing that, while this I can still talk to her. She sometimes asks about little things in the tactics screen. She even comes with me to watch West Ham in the pub (our local gets most of their games and she asks me bits about that too).

Other things I've noticed I do, when it is quiet at work I'll find myself trying to think about a new tactic or how I may improve a player in my current one with an instruction or maybe a team instruction to think how to make my tactic perform a little better. Sometimes I'll be drawing roles on a notepad while working too to help out.

Luckily I also have a couple of friends who play it so we tend to chat about it!

Ahahahahah, I hope I won't be a distracted as you when I'm a father.

And to answer your question, Harry Kane is good choice (If you aren't like in the year 2040 already), got him for 16M€ for Atlético, scored 16 goals in 18 apps (got him January).

Haha this is brilliant!

I have been quite lucky with my partner as she loves Football Manager, everytime I play it she joins in too and wants to help!

but as my GF is my left hand it's kinda hard not to...

Best conversation iv had:

GF: What are you always doing on that laptop, i swear you spend more time on that thing than you do me. Im sure your gay or something...
Me: I am Gay!
GF: What?!
Me:No not really im playing football manager see could be worse...
GF: your such a t**t sometimes you need to grow up...
Me: you C**t how did you miss that? sorry what did you just say?
GF: *walks off*

Beautiful! I am not allowed to play FM while the missus is in the house & awake. This has lead me to getting up at 4am on occasions of importance just to sneak a couple of games in before work.

She calls them "my little men."

"You spend way too much time playing with your little men & not enough with me" she says.

Women, when you can entertain me for 12 hours straight we'll talk! LOL

are you aloud to ban her from watching rubbish on telly?

I once had an epic final against Munich, 4 - 4 and I won on penalties - I ended up taking a photo and sending to my girlfriend whilst she was at work...
I love the fact she gives zero-F***s