The best conversation I have ever had was something very close to the following:

Wife: Are you coming to bed with me tonight?
Me: I will be up in about 15 mins, I have just got to finish writing up my story.
Wife: You are writing a book?
Me: No I am writing up my FM story.
Wife: I don't understand?!
Me: So I am playing FM and alongside that writing it up as a story for other fans of the game to read.
Wife: I still don't understand. Who would read that?
Me: I told you, fans of the game?!
Wife: If they are fans of the game, why don't they just play it?
Me: Look, you knew I was a bit of a geek when you married me..
Wife: *Sighs* Just remember you have work in the morning.. Good night
Me: *mutters under my breath* Night Mum

I'm lucky cos my missus is a gamer so she understands. She also watches Sky Sports with me and the other day i found her watching UFC lol, i think she's a keeper!

I'd F'ing say so! :p

The best conversation I have ever had was something very close to the following:

Wife: Are you coming to bed with me tonight?
Me: I will be up in about 15 mins, I have just got to finish writing up my story.
Wife: You are writing a book?
Me: No I am writing up my FM story.
Wife: I don't understand?!
Me: So I am playing FM and alongside that writing it up as a story for other fans of the game to read.
Wife: I still don't understand. Who would read that?
Me: I told you, fans of the game?!
Wife: If they are fans of the game, why don't they just play it?
Me: Look, you knew I was a bit of a geek when you married me..
Wife: *Sighs* Just remember you have work in the morning.. Good night
Me: *mutters under my breath* Night Mum

One time, before the ban, the missus was out of her mind curious as to what I was doing on the laptop while she was trying to talk to me about some **** no one cares about.

I was updating Get it India at the time & she insisted on looking, I let her. She looked at the page for about 3 seconds, looked at me, rolled her eyes & said "FFS, grow up!"

I don't let her look at my stories anymore :(

Always try and update my missus on my progress on my unemployed save. Her eyes glaze over and she will laugh. Credit to her though she wont moan about me being on it as she gets the TV while I plot my success.
Even bring laptop for train journeys now so can get an extra2 hours day in.

This genuinely is the normal dialogue in my house hold:

Wife: Babe could you help me tidy up the kitchen?
Me: In a minute, I just need to finalise this signing.
Wife: What?
Me: Tielemans' agent is playing hard ball.
Wife: Can you stop playing that f**king game for one minute and help me please.
Me: It's not a game.. do you think Jose Mourinho's wife hassles him like this.
Wife: I want a divorce.

I laughed so hard at this!

I have to say guys I have the perfect wife..

I get in from work around 6pm, by the time I help with the dinner and put my son to bed, I am on FM by 7ish.

I will sit there until 10-11pm playing FM whilst she is on the other side of the sofa and all she asks is that I talk to her once in awhile and she gets to decide what goes on telly (hence the reason I know everything about Vampire Diaries, The Originals, TOWIE and Made In Chelsea)

This is basically my life.

Honestly, ask me anything about Dance Moms.. But, that's the price we pay for FM :(

I'd like to add to this thread my story.

Wait, I forgot, I don't have any girlfriend... :'(

But I have FM though, and a great love/hate relationship (love when winning, hate when my strikers keep missing one-on-ones and open nets).

Just hope that my future girl won't be so uninterested on hearing my amazing triumphs on FM as some posters' missus are. After all, I managed to win the UCL with cursed Benfica, and gave the opportunity to Ronaldo to lift the World Cup, both are not easy feats (maybe the latter is, on FM15, but on earlier ones though...)

Last edited:
I have a lot of mates that like football but not enough to be sitting at a desk writing up fake news reports after conducting an FM press conference. Yeah, I may need to consider my sanity, but at least this thread reminds me I'm not the only one.

I've been told by close friends that if I ever stop playing FM, they'll be holding an intervention!

I once accidentally woke my fiancee up because I conceded a late goal to lose the Champions League Final and threw my hand against the bed, punching her in the leg... That was hard to explain a reason that she would accept.

I once accidentally woke my fiancee up because I conceded a late goal to lose the Champions League Final and threw my hand against the bed, punching her in the leg... That was hard to explain a reason that she would accept.

Aah, FM.. Main reason for accidental domestic abuse.. xD

This thread is hilarious, unfortunately I don't have any stories to add to it :(

Absolutely quality thread!

I had a bit of a reputation at school for my FM Obsession and while having a great knowledge of what they may call "real life" football, many a times they wouldn't take me serious and say I took the knowledge from FM.. However, when I spoke of the likes of Jamil Adam and To Madeira it's maybe an okay allegation to make.

Also, while we all discuss how the Missus reacts to FM, FM maybe restricts my access to such a thing as a Missus!

Must add I do also play the Champs League theme prior to such games!

"F***ing s**t c**t w***er" being heard from upstairs is apparently not acceptable in a house against swearing. Although I felt like I had a strong point, my striker who had been on fire all season sent me out of the FA Cup semi's because he was too incompetent to score an open net, still bitter about it