Do you think Rafa Benitez should be replaced and why?

Do you think Liverpool should replace Benitez?

• Yes

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters
I think Rafa Benitez will STAY.
Although there has been rumors that one of L'pool's owners is selling the hocky team?
if thats correct i think i saw a rumor that the could be worth $300millon
and im pretty sure some of that may pay way for his exit.
NO though i want him to stay, watch Liverpool when Torres is fully ready to play (6)

Speaking as a Man Utd fan....

Benitez has been at Liverpool for five years now, he had promised them great success. One FA Cup and A Champions League.....both won on penalties. I have nothing against the man personnaly, but he did promise to win the league. I think his time is up guys

C'mon people... you are talking petty change... for LFC to really make a difference and compete with Chelsea and United on a constistent basis, we aren't talking tens of millions.. selling dossena and babel, won't change a flying f.... if you ask me the owners should pay up or take a loan of a few hundred million or whatever...its all about the money... Rafa could be Albert f...... Einstein when it comes to tactics, but it doesn't do u much good when all your competitors get the better players, really... If youre ambition is top 3 in EPL and CL succes, then your investments should follow these accordingly..

We have seen what Rafa can do with a relatively "poor" Liverpool club. Imagine what he could do with a budget like Chelsea pr United?

The problem as mentioned before isn't Rafa but the owners. If he leaves i doubt that Mancini or Mourinho would be interested, since Mancini probably is the next Man City Man and Mourinho is constantly flirting with Sir Alex Chewing Gum and United...

And what do u think of the theory that moves Rafa ro Real Madrid to replace Pelligrini?

If the modern game wasn't so dominated by money like it used to be, Benitez would of been sacked by now.

well. Imo, the problem is not Benitez. its the darn board, be it in real life or in FM2010. They practically suck the life out of the club financially. How do you expect a manager to turn a club into world beaters on a few million pounds transfer kitty a season? And any manager who knows better wont go to Liverpool cause of the board. Pool should be glad someone like Benitez is willing to stay and tough it out with the players and club.

No,he's done a good job with the budget he's had and the circumstances he's had to work under.Anyone who doesn't think Benitez has done a good job should remember it took Alex Ferguson 3 years to win a trophy,7 years to win the League and 12 years to win the champions League with Man Utd.He also virtually had a blank cheque to buy who he wanted.

You know what. He is one of the manager in the league this season, who spent most money on new players (Johnson, Aquiliani). And every season he spends a lot of money on players. He is 1 of the manager is PL who have spend most money on players at all. Not good enough.
Only think to say, SACK HIM

They should appoint neil warnock, he'll give the liverpool players a right kick up the backsides basically what they all need at the moment.

i dont know why i just think he should stay as manager and the owners should go

If he did go i think it would put us in more ****.

If we did sack him it would cost around £20m which we cant really afford to lose. If he had found a job then left it would cost £4m which is better, but who would want to come to us? and we don't have the money for anyone big name who most of us would want and they would want new backroom staff players ect ect

So it leaves us with Sammy Lee, and i would rather stick with Rafa

If I were a Liverpool fan I would want him to stay for his abilities as a coach. But I would definately want the board hire a new Director of Sports or something to give Rafa much needed help when it comes to transfers. You can argue that Rafa has made great buys over the years, which he has, but he has en equal amount of horrible buys, and that my friends is not good enough I think. It is such an important part of modern football and his lack of capability and/or luck puts him miles from the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho.
All in all, LFC needs money and new "transfer"-leadership for it to even begin to compete consistently with Chelsea and Man U or even Arsenal

If he did go i think it would put us in more ****.

If we did sack him it would cost around £20m which we cant really afford to lose. If he had found a job then left it would cost £4m which is better, but who would want to come to us? and we don't have the money for anyone big name who most of us would want and they would want new backroom staff players ect ect

So it leaves us with Sammy Lee, and i would rather stick with Rafa

Perhaps, but sack him anyway, because the amount of money he use on players who fail is a lot bigger than £20m. Names like Morientes, Bellamy, Carson, Sissoko, Crouch, Pennant, Garcia, Keane, Cisse and Gonzalez cost LFC about £90m or more and was given free or sold later on. And this is only a few player he has bought. In his time and as manager, he has bought about 50-60 players in nearly 6 years(5'th season this year as manager). Thats too many players. Its sad to see, such great players leave Anfield and get success.

Perhaps, but sack him anyway, because the amount of money he use on players who fail is a lot bigger than £20m. Names like Morientes, Bellamy, Carson, Sissoko, Crouch, Pennant, Garcia, Keane, Cisse and Gonzalez cost LFC about £90m or more and was given free or sold later on. And this is only a few player he has bought. In his time and as manager, he has bought about 50-60 players in nearly 6 years(5'th season this year as manager). Thats too many players. Its sad to see, such great players leave Anfield and get success.

Yeah but still, away from the money, if we did get rid of him we would be stuck with Sammy Lee, as we can not get anyone else in, and we would be in even more ****.

Bellamy, Carson, Sissoko, Crouch, Garcia were certainly not failures. Cisse wasn't a Benitez signing and Morienties was one of the form strikers in the previous season and just failed to develop. Keane was awful, and was sold promptly for the same fee he was bought for.

Most of the players Benitez signed himself that were then sold on were sold for a profit. The players that were sold for losses were Houlliers signings such as Cheyrou, Diao, Cisse, etc..

Your statement is just lacking any thought or context Fbarbes.

PS. Rafa didn't negotiate the transfer fee's. It was mostly down to Rick Parry.

I think not. His doing exactly what I want him too and I hope liverpool stick with him forever..

Bellamy, Carson, Sissoko, Crouch, Garcia were certainly not failures. Cisse wasn't a Benitez signing and Morienties was one of the form strikers in the previous season and just failed to develop. Keane was awful, and was sold promptly for the same fee he was bought for.

Most of the players Benitez signed himself that were then sold on were sold for a profit. The players that were sold for losses were Houlliers signings such as Cheyrou, Diao, Cisse, etc..

Your statement is just lacking any thought or context Fbarbes.

PS. Rafa didn't negotiate the transfer fee's. It was mostly down to Rick Parry.

If I am not mistaken, Keane was sold back to Tottenham for 6-8 Million less than what Liverpool bought him for. I don't know for certain but I though that Liverpool bought Keane for 18 Million and 6 months later he went back for 10-12 Million.

Yeah was £10-12m upfront rising upto £19m depending on other things. Probably won't reach the full £19m but will be close for sure.