DOMINATE THE GAME WITH STABLE DEFENCE WORKS FOR SMALL TEAMS

So would you say the general rule is:
Defensive as underdog
Counter/Standard in close knit games
Control as bigger team?

Yes exactly. But Im still testing different settings. I think the tactic can perform better. Im currently testing with 2 strikers and 1 AMC I post screenshots in couple of days.

The tactic looks really promising. I have a doubt on the OI though. In the screenshot it looks different from the tactic.fm, am I missing something? I mean there is no "close down" on the file while it appears in your screenshot. Could you please upload the OI we should you use in english if you have chance?
Thanks and good job!

The tactic looks really promising. I have a doubt on the OI though. In the screenshot it looks different from the tactic.fm, am I missing something? I mean there is no "close down" on the file while it appears in your screenshot. Could you please upload the OI we should you use in english if you have chance?
Thanks and good job!

U always have to manually do the OI .even if u donald a tactics. It won't show .so manually do them as in SS in op

Thanks and good job!

You have to set the OI manually.View attachment 101991

for me, this tactic simply does not work against big teams when playing as a big team, no matter what mentality you play as. I am Napoli and I am simply blowing every team away 5-0+ except when I play the likes of AC Milan, Juventus, Lazio etc. it is impossible to win.

Use a different tactic against bigger teams then, or try tweaking it..Someone mentioned moving the wide mids to wingbacks, try that.

That was me who uses wingbacks lmao also it is starting to work now, just beat Barcelona 3-2
Use a different tactic against bigger teams then, or try tweaking it..Someone mentioned moving the wide mids to wingbacks, try that.

How many long shots do you having guys. Sometimes I have around 20-25 long shots per game

Well, it's working for me, playing control at home but switch to counter or defensive when leading 2-0 or if one goal up in the final 10 minutes. Away from home, even against weaker opposition, I always use defensive but when I see in the first half that my side's by far better I switch to counter or control.

It's a good and solid tactic and you play some nice football especially in attack.

I bought the game some days ago and I'm struggling with every tactic i found in here. I'm gonna give it a try in the 3rd tier in Greece and get back here ;)

Ok, so this actually works really well. I'm gonna use only this tactic until someone makes another decent one for 17.3 patch. Cheers!

This tactic seriously feels like cheating! I started using it two weeks ago and my team hasn't looked back since :D The possession, playstyle, defending and attacking is really good! It kinda feels like FM17's version of the Diablo tactic from CM03/04 :O
You can look through my Imgur album and see what I'm talking about. I started using this tactic when I was going up against Real Betis in October and the results since is very impressing!
FM17 - Album on Imgur

hmmm

I did a total buttf**k with fulham. But after the new patch i loose EVERY game. 70+ in possession and a buttload of chances, but i seem to loose 1-2, 1-3 etc. Seems like both my defence and attack decided to take a break. I manage both Fulham and Italy, and i see the same with both :(
Anyone else having problems after the new patch?

Yes having big problems since the update - I'm playing with a different tactic, but the change in form has dropped drastically. Very odd.