this tactic is a **** cheat, almost impossible to lose with it.

it just gives another proof that TFF's 75 Siblings testing is not really trustworth, am really surprised that this one is not somewhere on the first position in those tests :eek:.

They probably aren't following the instructions tbf

what is the best the traditional four four two or the four four two tactic?

I reckon traditional.

Because there's multiple evidence that FMarena results are based on very small and insignificant size of samples. Also design that every team has same squad with just different reputation is unrealistic compared to any other competitions on the earth. Also players on the testing team has stats more suitable for certain roles.

They at least try, kudos to them for that.

Hi, witch tactic?

Traditional fourFourTwo

Is the best?

It's certainly getting decent results both in testing for myself and other people.

So you will start training them as ML (wingers-attack)?

Following on from Vitoco some tips for a long term save;

- Buy young sell old.
- Gear the club to youth development, develop young players as a philosophy.
- This then allows for the club to develop facilities, bring through young players on lower wages and the young players you sign from other clubs will generally be alot cheaper than senior players but do a similar job.

Case Study.

So to give you all an example, I am in my second season of my journeyman career. Won the title with Kilmarnock season one in Scotland, moved to take over a relegated Burnley season two. My aim from the start was to develop young players with an eye on the following year in the EPL. I basically did a massive overhaul, recruited using the filters but decided to go with retrained fullbacks at MR & ML for added defensive gains and because quite simply, these players have all the skills of wingers and the defensive attributes as well making them more rounded players. They both have the "get forward as much as possible" and runs with the ball down......" their respective sides. Ideal for wingers.

This overhauled side, comprising of mostly players under the age of 21 is storming the championship. Showing that if done right, you can effect massive changes to a team and get instant results. The key is to get them mentoring in good groups and have the determination level of all these players 14+ if possible. As you'll see alot of my signings have very high determination.

I shipped out older players, signed younger players and assigned players (ML & MR) to positions they wouldn't normally play to get them used to it (but didn't amend their personal training just played them in the position). The examples being Matt Lowton and Josh Tymon who I bought in. The idea is that my DR, MR & Sub 2 can play the DR/MR positions and the DL, ML & Sub 3 can play the DL/ML positions. So to keep the squad happy and increase versatility, 3 players cover these two positions. Also note the age of this team is very low, with only Taylor, Tarkowski and Lowton retained from not teenage existing club players.

The team line up, transfers and squad is shown below, as well as some screenshots of the MR and ML who are not natural to the position but I feel are much more capable than the existing wingers available. I reckon retraining attacking fullbacks in this manner for the traditional tactic is a game changer. Look at the numbers these guys are getting in their first few games. Lowton in particular an older player in the team and is adapting brilliantly to the new position and his training stats are improving as well which is rare in older players.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Early performances with Traditional FourFourtwo on my Rangers save have been excellent, loving the variety of goals and the football being played.

Hi folks,

So corners, the old tactic was averaging 1 every 5/6 games at best. This new tactic averages 1 every game (ish). I have tweaked the DL and DR positions to be fullbacks and the result is a more set piece sound tactic offensively but a less dynamic one. A more traditional fourfourtwo so to speak.

Instructions of note. Do not allocate a corner taker. as long as the AI doesn't allocate one of those players nominated to go short or the DL/DR, you will average a goal a game through that. You'll also average a goal a game through throw-ins minimum, one every two/three games from three kicks and 1/2 from open play. So to win at FM19 using this tactic you need to not concede four or more goals. Hopefully the change in DL/DR's aids with that. The rest of the tactic plays as before.

It is not as nice to watch as the FourFourTwo but I reckon it is as high as 25% more effective offensively and similar defensively. I will of course post extensive results and tactic tests in the next 24 hours, I just needed to fix the tactic first, trust me though it works.

Please try it out and let me know how you get on. The filters for DL & DR are also added to the existing player filters and can be referenced here or through the post on the first page;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q88mfu2estdse13/AABY2ke7Ts6QWFfEswT7z5JNa?dl=0

I have the AI selecting DL/DR to take corners, do I need to do something with this?

Slightly tweaked the Traditional442 to suit my england team... 1st friendly went well....

attachment.php
attachment.php

Moved Sancho up, added some setpieces, dropped the DLP to Defend. - depends who i pick

Early performances with Traditional FourFourtwo on my Rangers save have been excellent, loving the variety of goals and the football being played.

Glad to hear it. I like it more than the original now tbh. TraditionalFourFourTwo for me from now on.

I have the AI selecting DL/DR to take corners, do I need to do something with this?

Nope just don't assign anyone to corners in the set peices section. Don;t touch anything just remove any takers.

So you will start training them as ML (wingers-attack)?

Nope, they'll naturally adpat over time. If you add extra training expect injuries etc.

Slightly tweaked the Traditional442 to suit my england team... 1st friendly went well....

Nice result. Tbh I like what you've done there. A good idea for folks wanting to fox the AI is to perhaps play about with the MLC & MCR roles and ML/MR roles/Positions.

I'd be wary to touch anything else tbh, lest you lose the balance, especially as an underdog. There is a very deliberate synergy and reason I have chose 4-4-2 as the tactic as it holds defensive shape very well. As I said though nice touch, no harm in putting round pegs in round holes.

2.7 Set pieces

Corners
Don't change the taker. (credit TTF)
- ML takes left corner
- MR takes right corner

Chrissy Dude i think this might need changing on opening post m8, as you've said don't assign anyone to corners and could confuse people.

Do you guys just use the one corner routine?

2.7 Set pieces

Corners
Don't change the taker. (credit TTF)
- ML takes left corner
- MR takes right corner

Chrissy Dude i think this might need changing on opening post m8, as you've said don't assign anyone to corners and could confuse people.

This one requires no one to be assigned. Its not TFF's routine.

Do you guys just use the one corner routine?

It generates a goal every two games, I can't see any reason to change it.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, folks may disagree, but iv'e tested these two tactics pretty heavily. I genuinely don't think they can be improved if used correctly. I thin the set pieces both defensively and offensively are brilliant.

Can they be changed to suit certain players like you did with Sancho etc, 100% but then its essentially not the same tactic but a variation of it.

I use 3, near post, far post and short from Knap, TTF etc. the team just rotates setup every corner.. keep the defence on its toes :)

What tactic have you found to be the best on the newest patch?