I hit pause, walk out the room, go to the fringe and take a beer. I then drink the beer, shout obscenities at the digital referee in charge and then take off a forward, move him into the middle and replace the position left void.

Follow this EXACTLY and you'll not go far wrong. If you have a dirty team though you might struggle to repeat the instructions after the 8th red.

Hahahahahahah the same i do, f*****g Referee

Chrissy Dude, have i got to set throw in takers for fourfourtwo traditional ?

is it okay to change mentality to cautious vs big teams ?

I don't advise you change anything. Alot of work has went into making this plug and play. tbh there are some games i don't even do team talks if the morale is high and the team are 3/4 up at halftime.

You change mentality it has a knock on affect on the defending. The point of pressing forwards is that they are aggressive initially but leave others to deal with their areas as opposed to tracking back, which a cautious mentality will do, tiring the players, dragging them out of position and killing your chance of counter attacking, where most goals come against larger teams. Therefore it's counter intuitive to do so. Explaining this as simply saying "No" is no use to yourself and others as you need to know the rationale behind it to have faith in it.

What appears a very lazy strategy is in fact consistency in performance, the team presses til the end but not in a fashion that dulls their attacking intent.

On that note, I had to redo the last half of my Burnley first season as the save game corrupted. Someone baked out their **** just switched the computer off at the plug and forgot the autosave was off. Interestingly very similar results, a bit better this time, 21 corners scored (bout 7 extra from 3rd/4th balls from corner set ups) and 110 points, which considering the savaging I gave the squad in the rebuild is impressive.

85 goal difference, 128 scored and second best defence in the league for a bunch of teenagers with only 3/4 experienced players is impressive. Oh and my young keeper Balcombe and ML Tymon got England call ups as well.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi Chrissy, very good work and thanks for sharing your brilliant tactic, use for 19.3.5 patch, goals are flying from everywhere lol

Few Qs

Hello friendsJust a few Qs about this tactic1) is this currently the best of tactics to be found for this fm?2) if so is the OP the most updated version as I can see there has been tweaks throughout the post3) anyone found any specific players that have really stood out for them using the tacticThank u

Added Corner Routine and changed Wing-Backs to IWB. (Corner takers are not set, everything else RWB or LWB)
Enjoy.
Traditional FourFour kung two.fmf

I can't see why though. The traditional one gets a goal every two games. Does this do better?
By all means change the FourFourTwo which uses IWB to this set up but to change the traditional one is absolutely pointless IMHO

This always happens, so you've changed the fullbacks (NOT WINGBACKS), how have you compensated in terms of player instructions?, for the defensive shape? Its a blind switch to accommodate the corner set up and actually leaves you with a much weaker tactic........

A weaker tactic that folk are now going to ask for help with on here.

Last edited:
Hey Chrissy, thanks for all your hard work. You should try implementing the corner routine from the new tactic from Chicken Wing Series (Kung Fu 442 v4) for 19.35 into your FourFourTwo tactic, as the one from Chicken Wing is using Inverted Wing-Backs, and I am getting a more than decent amount of goals scored by corner, leaving the taker unassigned.

Let us know how it goes!

I'm happy with the traditional tactic (which btw your post has encouraged others to amend and post about unfortunately). Could this improve the IWB version FourFourTwo, no doubt, as the corners were the one thing lacking. So for that thanks.

Others can feel free to test, but i'm out now. When it gets to the stage folk are just tweaking one wee small thing then throwing their tactic onto a thread taking all the credit but leaving everyone else to fix it, then i'm bailing.

The traditional fourfourtwo doesn't need improving, the set pieces are pretty **** nailed using a combination of TFF, Rego8, Augustin1979 Guido etc.

The IWB fourfourtwo version could add that improvement but tbh the thread is now going to descend into a car crash of various versions just now and i'm not catering to that fuckwittery. I've tried to answer and give as much feedback as possible but the **** is getting ripped out of it now.

Cheers to everyone that helped and commented with great feedback over the past week or so. We created a decent tactic. I hope you all enjoy using it.

Thanks and enjoy the summer,

Til FM20 laters folks!

Last edited:
Couple of results so far going really strong, the defeat to Liverpool and draw to man city i had 8 players on international duty so had about 2-3 subs with 1st team players on low condition. I've got a really good feeling about this Traditional fourfourtwo hope results carry on, cheers Chrissy Dude.

attachment.php

I mean, really?

attachment.php

ffs. I also see wkdsoul has had to edit the thread, so I can only assume similar was posted here.

I mean, really?

attachment.php

ffs. I also see wkdsoul has had to edit the thread, so I can only assume similar was posted here.

Didnt even delete his link, its in your post above.. Just the back and forth.

Chrissy, I hope you reconsider. I still think there's discussion to be had here. I for one, still need help with my Norwich career. Seriously though, this is the first time Ive picked up FM in almost 20 years and I'm really enjoying it and this thread has really contributed to that.

You've put alot of work in and i know alot of users, including myself are extremely grateful. I can see why you'd be ****** off though. So if this is the end, I'd just like to say thanks but like I said at the start, I hope you reconsider because I need my hand held in my Norwich career XD