Eds' José Mourinho ParkThePlane Tactical Workshop

hey eds. I'm looking to test your tactic with inter. Can you tell me what pitch size you're using?

hi started with bradford in npower div 2 using v1 of your tactics, obviously i have very little to spend

first season gained promotion through playoffs to npower div 1
second season gained promotion again through playoffs to npower championship
third season finshed 14th
fourth season changed to version 2 of your tactic and its working great, only played 10 games and currently in 6th

one question tho what pitch size should i be selecting as at the minute i am using default

I agree, where is version 2, I came top in the list I saw on this site but cannot find it anywhere.

Also sorry to be a pain but I'm Man Utd, just started a new season, can you recommend anyone for the AMC role as this seems very important, at the moment I'm thinking of training Rooney to AMC, can someone let me know if this is a really really bad idea? Thanks

I downloaded version 2 through the OP which has been updated although the URL is still labelled version 1.

I am using this tactic as an away tactic (therefore various pitch width lengths) to help me stay in the EPL having been promoted via the playoffs last season after using the 4-4-2 and defensive and counter-attacking 5-4-1.

When I first used Park the Bus, I had very poor results. Most of the matches were played in the action area in front of my 18 yard box and it was only a matter of time when a goal or two would be scored then the floodgates would open. This was when the bars in Match Preparation were half full.

Then I got lucky because I forget to take control of the game when I loaded a save game. By the time I noticed and took control, I saw that Bristol Rovers had drawn 1-1 with Manchester United. I looked at the tactics and formation that the AI chose for this game and it was Park the Bus. The AI had also chosen a couple of different players in the midfield.

Since then I've been using Park the Bus more and the Match Preparation bars are full. Now that my team is acquainted with this formation, I've found that it is a good attacking and counter attacking formation too. My initial plan was to steal one points away from home with a defensive tactic but it is more than that. My two last away matches were a 3-1 victory against Aston Villa and a 3-3 draw with Everton so you can see that my strikers are a threat.

Now in January in my first Prem season, I find myself in 8th position and 11 points clear of 18th position, 17 points from 19th position and 23 points clear of 20th position so it looks like I'm staying up.

It is best to learn this tactic in pre season but if this is not possible put all your training energy into just this tactic and learn other ones later.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I agree, where is version 2, I came top in the list I saw on this site but cannot find it anywhere.

Also sorry to be a pain but I'm Man Utd, just started a new season, can you recommend anyone for the AMC role as this seems very important, at the moment I'm thinking of training Rooney to AMC, can someone let me know if this is a really really bad idea? Thanks

If I were you, I'd find out what attributes make for an excellent AMC and use the in game filter search to find your man. As you're MUFC, the best players in the world will want to come and play for you so you'll find a great AMC this way and it is more enjoyable rather than using your real world knowledge of football.

My two AMCs are James McCarthy and John Fleck whom I found through the filter search then scouting system. These are value for money buys as I'm Bristol Rovers competing in the Prem for the first time but you'll be able to get excellent players.

i will try this tactic tommorow with napoli,i guess this will suit them very well,i guess i will play blasi or pazienza as ball winning midfielders,yebda or gargano as box to box,hamsik or sosa as amc's ,what do you think of this setup,is correct ? and as dmc im thinking to buy annan and fazio or m.diarra,but what about the strikers ?at napoli should by cavani,lavezzi and lucareli,i will want to play with cavani and lavezi but in what roles i have to put them,this tactic uses a target man and a advanced forward,cavani can play both of those roles but what about lavezi,should i put him as target man and cavani as advanced forward ? thanks and sorry for my poor english

U think i can use Control in team strategy, or should i just use Counter attack even tho i play Bari when im AC Milan at San Siro? :)

Try it if you want but I don't guarantee it'll work.

I salute your try to simulate Jose's tactics but this surely cannot be how he played.
This does not look like park the plane... though it is for sure defensive tactic.
The Anchor man is this tactic is just another CB, the att playmaker is in a very offensive position such as 3/4 so why not call this 5-2-3 as it should be called.
When the WB rush forward you transform the formation into 3-4-3 - you do this with the high closing down instructions on them.
What I expected is to see Leeds United stay in front of their goal the whole match against Man Utd ("park the plane") so I suppose that would be very low defensive line (similar to Rangers vs. Man Utd earlier this season).
Instead you use high def line and pressing and what is very interesting supporting wide.
This my friend is not what people in the rest of the world consider as park the plane.
Though I give you credit for this because if you pull one forward to the wide like the Target man - you gave him instructions to cut inside :), and the BtB mid is running channels which means ho also covers the flank (left in this case) you get the Jose Mourinho Real madrid tactic in the match that finished: Barca-Real 5:0. The individual settings and instructions you used for "park the plane" are the same as the ones Jose used in that match. C.Ron played the Target out wide, Benzema - Adv Fw, De Maria BtB etc.

I salute your try to simulate Jose's tactics but this surely cannot be how he played.
This does not look like park the plane... though it is for sure defensive tactic.
The Anchor man is this tactic is just another CB, the att playmaker is in a very offensive position such as 3/4 so why not call this 5-2-3 as it should be called.
When the WB rush forward you transform the formation into 3-4-3 - you do this with the high closing down instructions on them.
What I expected is to see Leeds United stay in front of their goal the whole match against Man Utd ("park the plane") so I suppose that would be very low defensive line (similar to Rangers vs. Man Utd earlier this season).
Instead you use high def line and pressing and what is very interesting supporting wide.
This my friend is not what people in the rest of the world consider as park the plane.
Though I give you credit for this because if you pull one forward to the wide like the Target man - you gave him instructions to cut inside :), and the BtB mid is running channels which means ho also covers the flank (left in this case) you get the Jose Mourinho Real madrid tactic in the match that finished: Barca-Real 5:0. The individual settings and instructions you used for "park the plane" are the same as the ones Jose used in that match. C.Ron played the Target out wide, Benzema - Adv Fw, De Maria BtB etc.

This is an attempt to emulate Jose's tactics at Porto. Park The Plane is simply the name I've given them. I used a high defensive line because this is what Jose did. I used the Defensive midfielder as this is what Jose did.

Overall, are you saying it is like Jose's tactics, or not, then? Bit confused. :p

I've had loads of other stuff to do, and therefore work on the 4-3-3 has been stopped. I will begin working on it again this Thursday onwards. (Y)

Ed you use any specific OI's? and what about pitch size? any specific size to make the tactic work better? Other then this, gratz on making an awsome tactic mate.

OI's, I simply Ask Assistant unless the opposition has a very threatining player, who I make sure is always tighly marked.

And default pitch size should work.

This is an attempt to emulate Jose's tactics at Porto. Park The Plane is simply the name I've given them. I used a high defensive line because this is what Jose did. I used the Defensive midfielder as this is what Jose did.

Overall, are you saying it is like Jose's tactics, or not, then? Bit confused. :p
Let me try clear this out for you...
This Tactic is not "park the plane" type of tactic. Any other standard tactic or formation with high def line and pressing with DM will be defensively solid.
I recognize your idea and you have applied Jose's ideas fully in this tactic, but I personally expected more of a tactic for a small team with limited resources like a lower league FA participant to be able to defend and keep the score 0:0 at Man Utd or City or Arsenal. :)
The term "park the bus, plane etc." means just that.
I'm not against you or the tactic. Actually I am very fond of using def tactic. A would very much like if someone could make a tactic for FM11 so we see the whole team 10 players behind the ball defending on edge of own penalty box. But this is not that kind of a tactic.

Alright, buddy.

I may be bringing out some of my own tactics after I've finished with my Mourinho trilogy of tactics, and Parking The Bus is something I could be interested in doing.

OI's, I simply Ask Assistant unless the opposition has a very threatining player, who I make sure is always tighly marked.

And default pitch size should work.

cheers for the reply mate.

People talk about the version 2 all the time, but i cant seem to find it?