Eds' José Mourinho ParkThePlane Tactical Workshop

I have to say V2 is immense !!! Far better than any other tactic i've tried so far in fm11 !!!
First game with my Liverpool side and we beat the **** out of Newcastle...6-1 !!!

My lineup is:
Reina
Glenn Skrtel Agger Aurelio
Poulsen
Lucas Meireles
Gerrard
Kuyt Torres

Now I'm up to make a transfer in midfield (22m Euros available)..Meireles is doing good both as a ball-winning mid and box2box.
So, should i sign a ball-win-mid or a box2box to make things even greater ???
Any thoughts ?? Anybody ???

Bonjour.

Was banned due to a build-up of infractions.

ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 version2 is looking a lot, lot, lot better than version 1 and I've made numerous tweaks. Fairly large tweaks, but I've gone an unbeaten half-season with Sunderland, including a few big wins.

Will be uploaded later today if there's interest.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I'm delighted to announce ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 has officially been released. I highly recommend re-downloading the tactic as there are various improvements. :)

im interesting with your half season screenshoot

and by the way i turned off the offside trap since its not worked in my newcastle team, and 2 notch down for the defensive line

I have to say V2 is immense !!! Far better than any other tactic i've tried so far in fm11 !!!
First game with my Liverpool side and we beat the **** out of Newcastle...6-1 !!!

My lineup is:
Reina
Glenn Skrtel Agger Aurelio
Poulsen
Lucas Meireles
Gerrard
Kuyt Torres

Now I'm up to make a transfer in midfield (22m Euros available)..Meireles is doing good both as a ball-winning mid and box2box.
So, should i sign a ball-win-mid or a box2box to make things even greater ???
Any thoughts ?? Anybody ???

I can only agree so... immediate impact since I switch to this.

I find it a pity I can't use wingers here, is it ok to put them in the middle? They are Red there and don't seem to do well...

i can not download it just say's Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Took the team a while to get used to the tactic but...

17 games unbeaten, goal difference of +22 and clinched the championship with 4 games to go(lower league side, predicted to finish just outside of the relegation zone, and hardly a competent team). It's a brilliant tactic, and even on away games, when it seems that you have no posession, you still get lots of brilliant chance.

Probably the best tactic on FM Base for now.

it won me the premier league as spurs with a game to go, but got knocked out at quarters of CL, for a not this strong Werder Bremem side, 1-0 for werder at bremem, 2x1 for me at the lane.

really nice tactic anyway

Great to see so many happy members - I definately am pleased with the improvements made from v1 to v2.

Will be making a winger tactic next. Do I go for the 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, hmmm...

great to see so many happy members - i definately am pleased with the improvements made from v1 to v2.

Will be making a winger tactic next. Do i go for the 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, hmmm...

4-3-3! :d

I am favouring that one at the moment, I loved watching his Chelsea side with it.

Oh and HailVerkenes, any chance you could post up the Match Stats from your games against Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Benfica (both games), please? Would appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Rubolino, what do you mean "options during the game"?

I played with this tactic six games in a row, 6 wins, 1 goal conceded.Fantastic job mate.

Last edited:
Great to see so many happy members - I definately am pleased with the improvements made from v1 to v2.

Will be making a winger tactic next. Do I go for the 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, hmmm...

I suppose many will say... Whatever that works... !

I notice your current tactic work through the middle, it can be tight at times when other teams are not adventurous. And maybe difficult if they are physical.

My usual results were 1-0, 2-0, 2-1.... when I lose it is also about the same scoreline. The highest score so far I see was 3-3. Nevertheless, I like the results. I usually go <5 games undefeated but this brought me to somewhere like 15.

You may want to consider recommending "shouts" to use along with your tactics. i.e. when I need goals or when I want to defend the small margin.

Also teamtalks.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, I think more people like a nice attacking style football with more Strikers. 1 Striker is a bit limited especially when most people have about 4. My vote goes to 4-3-3, just slightly.

Looking forward for a good tactic to switch to when I need to be more offensive than the current Parkthelane tactic.

Sorry man deleted the save after I downloaded the patch, im currently doing a game as Rangers but ill be sure to do a Chelsea one again, if I do ill post results and match stats against big teams

Okay, no worries Hail.

Evoked - I am currently working on a 4-3-3, 4-5-1 hybrid which is similar to what Mourinho used at his time in London.

It's fairly defensive still, but I've been getting plenty of goals (just beat Hibernian 7-0 with Villa, and beating Charlton 4-1 at the moment). I'll keep the defense exactly the same as the ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 and just change around the attack so it's successful and realistic.

For TeamTalks, I generally Ask Assistant and it seems to work well, and I generally don't use Touchline Shours.

Playing with Q.P.R. in second season of EPL. I switched to your ParkThePlane v2 tactic from a custom 4-5-1 at the end of my first season of EPL. I'm in 2014-2015 season now.

I have managed to buy Xabi Alonso and Nigel de Jong for free. I also have Sean Davis and Vincenzo Grella. So i'm playing de Jong as DMC/Anchor Man, Grella as MCR/Ball Winning (Sean Davis as backup), Xabi Alonso as MCL/Box to Box, and Tom Cairney as AMC/Advanced Playmaker.

So my question is, due to the age of Xabi, will he be useful as a Box to Box? Should i change his role to Deep-lying or advanced playmaker and change my AMC's role to Attacking Midfielder to prevent conflicts? My AMC's passes are only 15 while Xabi's are 18. Could this change break tactic's mechanics? What should i do?

I imagine he could just manage as a Box-to-Box Midfielder. What's his Stamina and Speed?

Hmmmm... maybe not.

If you were to change it to Deep Lying Playmaker (his best role), do make sure the ACM is switched to Attacking Midfield. I'm not sure how well it'll work but hey ho.

When is finished your 4-3-3, 4-5-1 hybrid?How much progress did you made with it?I am excited about your work mate, the park the plane tactic is just phenomenal.