Where Will Leeds Be In 4 Years Time

• Total voters
This is a class story mate your tactics must be spot on coz the championship is a hard league. Keep up the good work its getting me thru my swine flu.

After watching Leeds against Arsenal wednesday, seeing Johnson's thunderbold and reading this its inspired me to start a Leeds save myself.

It was a great goal and make sure you make the best loan signings as they are the key.

This is a class story mate your tactics must be spot on coz the championship is a hard league. Keep up the good work its getting me thru my swine flu.

Hope you get better and yes the tactic seems to work really well

January Update

January Update
Month Preview
An exciting month lay ahead. If we could keep our lead at the top of the table we would be nailed on if we weren’t already. 21 points clear is certainly a lot. I am delighted that we are even in this current position. Anything other than 1st place now is unacceptable.
League Ambition 1st

Bates Boosts Manager Money
Ken Bates has today given Leeds manager Tom Miskell an extra £4M for transfers after re-evaluating the clubs ambition. Miskell had this to say “Obviously I am delighted the chairman has such confidence in me. It is highly unlikely that the entire £4M will be used except for in the worst of injury crisis’s. There is currently only one deal on the table now which we are negotiating. This will be my first transfer who will boost our striker power.”

Miskell “I want Griffiths.”
images

Tom Miskell has today declared that he is extremely interested in signing the 20 year old Leigh Griffiths. Miskell is apparently looking for a striker with a clinical touch and Leigh is said to fit in that mould. Griffiths currently plays for cash strapped Dundee and is looking for a way out. Leeds appear to face little competition to sign Griffiths as the only other interested party are St. Johnstone. The fee talked about is estimated to be around £500,000.”

Leeds 0-1 Crystal Palace
Bogulski (56)
MOM: Speroni 8.5
Match Comments: I think the fact that Speroni was the MOM shows that we should have won. Our finishing was absolutely shocking.

FA Cup 3rd Round
images

Barnsley 1-1 Leeds
Hume (8), Stanislas (9)
MOM: Stanislas 7.6
Match Comments: Another game we really should be winning. We were our own worst enemy with six clear cut chances yet 1 goal.

Griffiths Signs for Leeds
images

Leigh Griffiths has today become Miskell’s first floury in this transfer window. The fee is estimated to be around £375,000 mark. Griffiths said “I am delighted to sign for Leeds. This club will give me financial stability for the future and I can just get on and enjoy my football. Miskell was believed to be looking for somebody with a deadly left foot and Griffiths is just the man to fit into that role. “I am delighted to welcome Leigh to the club. He is a good finisher and I look forward to working with him.”

Coventry 1-1Leeds
Eastwood (70), Collins (89)
MOM: Collins 8.8
Match Comments: We really should have won again. On clear chances we won 4-0 yet it only finished 1-1.

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
images

Leeds2-0 Barnsley
Griffiths (73), Bruce (79)
MOM: Bruce 8.5
Match Comments: Always nice to progress in a cup.

Leeds 3-0 Portsmouth
McCormack (12), Griffiths (pen 21), Collins (58)
MOM: Collins 8.8
Match Comments: Please can we play on TV more often.

FA Cup 4th Round
images

Leeds 1-2 Nottm Forrest
McCormack (50), Anderson (56), Blackstock (64)
MOM: Blackstock 8.4
Match Comments: An even match which could have gone either way but we ended up on the losing side by the narrowest of margins

Month Review
Goals Scored: 8
Goals Conceded: 5
Player of the Month: Junior ‘Leopard Boots’ Stanislas
Performance of the Month: Leeds 3-0 Portsmouth
League Position: 1st
Month Rating: 5/10

Griffiths is a good signing, 2 goals already shows hes starting to pay off! I think he will grow with the club as well!

Good stuff!

Doing great so far mate, some good signings made. I'm following.

Very good story like a lot, hope you don't do to well against Leicester in your second game though ;)

February Update

February Update
Month Preview
6 matches where we can really push to become league champions and were 20 points clear. Our matches are all against mid table teams who we can beat but you never know they may just spring
A few surprises. I think we can really open the taps and we might even be able to guarantee a playoff spot.

Leeds 2-1 Burnley
Collins (23), Bikey (59 pen), Watt (74)
MOM: Collins 7.3
Match Comment: We played well and got the 3 points for it. We put out a second strength team really with Paynter and Watt starting up front.

Middlesbrough 2-2 Leeds
Collins (17), Somma (42 pen), Lita (85), O’Neil (90+3)
MOM: McCormack 8.3
images

Match Comment: We fell off at the end but I’m not too disheartened.
Leeds 4-1 Doncaster
Kilkenny (12), McCormack (32), Watt (46), Stanislas (56), Stock (67)
MOM: Kilkenny 8.1
Red Cards: Stock (71)
Match Comment: A great performance except when Crosas brought down Coppinger for a penalty but he has played well this season and has held our midfield and defence together.

Derby 0-3 Leeds
Griffiths (4, 78), Leacock (22 OG)
MOM: Griffiths 8.8
Match Comment: We dominated and Griffiths buried two of his 5 shots, overall a good game for us.

Hull 2-1 Leeds
Silva (15, 39), Stanislas (67)
MOM: Silva 8.8
images

Match Comment: On balance they didn’t deserve that win we made 6 clear chances but failed to bury 5 of them our finishing must improve.

Leeds 1-0 Sheff Utd
Griffiths (36)
MOM: Evans 7.6
Match Comment: Again we controlled the game and shut them out at times our midfield has been brilliant this season.

Month Review
Goals Scored: 13
Goals Conceded: 6
Player of the Month: Leigh ‘Lion heart’ Griffiths
images

Performance of the Month: Leeds 3-0 Derby
Month Rating: 6.5/10

Last edited:
Great, great story mate... Can you post your tactic and base eleven?

Great, great story mate... Can you post your tactic and base eleven?

Thanks mate and I'm using the Ghost Tactic folder. I use RV3 and set match prep to attacking movement. I concentrate on the team talks while assistant does OI. Pitch Size is normal for me. Link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3946

My Starting 11
Schmeichel
Coleman--Bruce--Collins---Bessone
Crosas
Nunez
Stanislas--------------------Watt
Griffiths---McCormack
Subs
Higgs
Kisnorbo
White
Kilkenny
Gradel
Becchio

March Update

March Update
Month Preview
A short month in March saw us play just 4 matches with trips to Millwall and a home game against Cardiff. We knew that this month we could clinch promotion and the aim was to do just that.
Leeds 2-1 Cardiff
Smalling (9), Griffiths (10), Kisnorbo (49)
images
MOM: Bruce 8.7
Match Comment: A good win against a very good team. I dislike Cardiff on this game as Dave Jones beat me to bringing in Marc Albrighton.
Barnsley 0-1 Leeds
McCormack (50)
images
MOM: McCormack 7.3
Match Comment: 3 points is 3 points
Leeds 1-1 Norwich
Gradel (1), Jackson (36 pen)
images
MOM: Berthel Askou 8.0
Match Comment: Promoted with many games to spare. I am please with the promotion but the performance was quite poor but we have a chance to experiment in the coming games.
Leeds Regain Premier League Status
Promotion felt brilliant and no less than 37703 fans turned up to watch us say we were playing Premier League football next season against Man Utd our great rivals. We knew now that we were going to be playing at that level and that day I began to find players suited for it. In truth the match was boring and was full of lots of fouls and misplaced passes. We celebrated not only that day but in the following ones as I announced that I was looking for two players to boost the squad. A playmaker was a necessity for the Premier League.
images
Millwall 2-0 Leeds
Van Djik (15), Baker (18)
MOM: Baker 7.7
Match Comment: Well that experimentation didn’t go too well but we are promoted and that is the important thing..
Month Review
Goals Scored: 4
Goals Conceded: 4
Player of the Month: Ross ‘Magic’ McCormack
images
Performance of the Month: Leeds 2-1 Cardiff
Month Rating: 6/10

Good season mate, be interesting to see your pre season friendlies and signings.

Good story

April Update

April Update
Month Preview
7 games left and the league sewn up and we had only 2 expectations. The first was to win the league and the second was to reach 100 points. I personally believe we can do both. The matches weren’t really that important as we knew what we had to do. Adam Clayton would get a run out and there would be some squad rotation.

Leeds 2-1 Leicester
McCormack (13, 45+1), Hammill (38)
MOM: McCormack 8.8
Red Cards: Wellens (69)
Match Comments: A good home win where we could celebrate our promotion yet again. The fans were turning up and the money was raking in.

Smithies Signs for Leeds
images

Leeds complete signing of Huddersfield Town goalkeeper Alex Smithies. Smithies will replace Higgs as Leeds' No.2 and was believed to have cost around £700,000. Smithies said "I amdelighted to sign for a Premier League club and am determined to prove myself to my new manager."

QPR 1-1 Leeds
Smith (19), Watt (42)
MOM: Smith 7.9
Match Comments: A point away from home is always a good thing when we play against opposition like QPR.

Leeds 0-0 Nottm Forest
MOM: Parker 7.4
Red Cards: Bromby (45)
Match Comments: We hung on well after Bromby’s red card

Leeds Splash Cash on Abou Trika
images

Leeds United have today announced the signing of Egyptian international playmaker Mohammed Abou Trika. Miskell splashed out over £2M to secure the egyptian's signature. Miskell had this to say, "I am delighted to welcome Mohammed to the club. He will have the job of supplying the strikers with passes and I and all the team wish him the best of luck at Elland Road.

Preston 1-2 Leeds
Becchio (2), McCormack (20), Parkin (45+1)
MOM: McCormack 7.6
Match Comments: A good performance from the two strikers and the team as a whole.

Leeds 1-1 Reading
Hunt (45+1), Clayton (51)
MOM: Schmeichel 9.1
images

Match Comments: They controlled the game but Kasper kept us in it making several world class saves.

Watford 2-1 Leeds
Becchio (20), Ellington (36 pen, 67)
MOM: Ellington 8.6
images

Match Comments: Ellington was clinical finishing everything presented to him. This result will not hurt us particularly though.

Leeds 2-1 Bristol City
O’Connor (13 pen), Kakuta (40), Snodgrass (61)
MOM: Snodgrass 8.3
Match Comments: A solid game to end the season with securing the 3 points

Month Review
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 7
Player of the Month: Ross ‘Magic’ McCormack
images

Performance of the Month: Preston 1-2 Leeds
Month Rating: 7/10

Last edited:
End of Season Update

End of Season Review
Leeds End Season
images
Manager Tom Miskell will be very happy with how his side performed in 2010-11 season, achieving promotion by bagging over 100 points. Miskell said “I am delighted with the way the team has played this season. They have all gelled together and everybody has had a role to play in the team. We scored the most goals and conceded the least and that is an achievement for any team.” Leeds local lad and captain Jonny Howson had this to say “I am proud of the lads who were consistent throughout the season and it will be great to take my local club into the Premier League.” The board didn’t even believe promotion was on the cards which made the achievement.
Best Eleven
Schmeichel
Coleman---Bruce---Collins---Bessone
Kilkenny
Nunez
Gradel----------------Stanislas
McCormack---Watt
Subs
Paynter Kisnorbo
Crosas
Becchio
Johnson
Connolly
Somma
Fans Player of the Year Announced
images
Centre Back Neil Collins was awarded the Fan’s player of the Year award. Collins impressed throughout the season scoring a hatrick against Norwich. He was strong at the back throwing himself into the tackles and controlling some of the Championship’s best strikers. Collins said “I am delighted to be awarded the Fan’s Player of the Year trophy but the real credit goes to the team as a whole. I would also like to give a special mention to Alex Bruce my centre bak partner who was inspirational both on and off the pitch in 2011.”
Premier League
In the Premier League

images
Chelsea were crowned champions whilst Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham also secured a Champions League space. At the other end of the scale Sunderland, Blackburn and West Brom all were relegated to the Championship.​
Europe
images
The Champions League final was held at Wembley and saw Barcelona take on Bayern Munich with Barca coming out on top 2-1 after extra time with Messi scoring a brace. In the Europa League final Lyon beat Valencia 2-0 with Bastos and Pjanic both scoring for the French side.

Pre Season Update

Pre Season Update
Pre Season Preview
Before I start I have realised that when you go up to the Premier League you have a choice to make with 2 options. The first option is to go down solvent spending as little money as possible. The second option is to spend big to stay up. I feel that I will do a mixture between the two looking towards younger talent to give the club a sound financial footing in the future. Anyway, to the matches, we had organised three friendlies against lower league teams and an Asda League competition where we would play West Brom, Sunderland and the main competition Tottenham in a time period of just three days. We also had another decision to make which was whether we would stick to the ghost tactic or not. There would be some experimentation over pre-season.
Leeds 4-1 Tottenham
Becchio (9), Collins (18), Huddlestone (66), Howson (81), Griffiths (90+5)
Injuries: Corluka (35), Bale (80)
MOM: Griffiths 8.0
Match Comments: Thought we would get trashed by Spurs but we really pulled together and dominated them. Their injuries really affected them but we were stronger throughout and deserved our win.
Leeds 2-0 West Brom
Griffiths (68, 88)
Injuries: Kisnorbo (25), Collins (35), McCormack (41), Bromby (46)
Can anyone beat four injuries in one match?
MOM: Griffiths 8.7
Match Comments: Even with a tired, injured squad we still beat West Brom I have been impressed with our pre-season so far and if we lose by 2 goals or less we will be crowned champions of the Asda League.
Leeds 0-3 Sunderland
Barker (20), Campbell (28), Gyan (31)
Red Cards: Crowe (45)
MOM: Henderson 8.5
Match Comments: A depleted and tired squad were outplayed by a much fitter Sunderland side. This meant we came second in the Asda League and saw Sunderland crowned winners.
Peterborough 0-2 Leeds
Nunez (59), Howson (76)
MOM: Howson 8.2
Match Comments: A solid win against poor opposition
Miskell signs Jones
images
Today Miskell announced the signing of Phil Jones from recently relegated Blackburn Rovers. The fee is believed to have cost around the £3M and signals Miskell first foray in the transfer market. Manager Miskell had this to say “I am delighted the opportunity to sign Phil has come about, he provides us with a stepping stone to build for the future and is a fine example of good English talent.”
Guiseley 1-3 Leeds
Collins (18), Jones (OG 52), Griffiths (55, 73)
MOM: Collins 9.0
Match Comments: I am furious at conceding a goal and only scoring three. We should be keeping clean sheets against Guiseley
Leeds in Sanogo Switch
images
French U21 forward Yaya Sanogo today completed a move to West Yorkshire club Leeds United. The striker is believed to have cost around £9M and is said to be pleased to play in the Premier League. Sanogo spent most of last season in the physio room and is said to be delighted to be getting first team Premier League football saying “I am delighted to come to England to play at the highest level and am particularly pleased to be able to learn my trade under the guidance of Tom Miskell.”
Leeds 6-0 Leyton
Sanogo (22, 57, 90+4), Collins (37, 47), Snodgrass (50)
MOM: Sanogo 9.6
Match Comments: A good solid win and Sanogo played really well on debut I think he has justified his £9M price tag. He looks like he will be a key signing for us this season.
Leeds swoop for Alfred the Great
images
Alfred N’Diaye has today completed a £4.5M move to Leeds. The 21 year old is said to be an integral part of Miskell’s plans this season and in building a spine for the future. Alfred signed from AS Nancy had this to say “I am delighted to sign for a club with the history of Leeds United and to play in the Premier League. I have been very impressed with the plans and infrastructure in place and am really excited about the ambition being shown at Leeds.”
Pre Season Review
Goals Scored: 17
Goals Conceded: 5
Player of Pre Season: Jonny ‘Billy’ Howson
Best Result: Leeds 4-1 Spurs
Pre Season Rating: 8/10

Great pre-season, mate and Sanogo looks like he's a good signing. Looks like you'll do well in the Premier League. Good luck!