Where Will Leeds Be In 4 Years Time

• Total voters
August Update

August Update
August Preview
We had a tough start as we played money bags Man City in the league. Our formation would be the same as in pre season. We would play in a very attacking manner and would get to start the Carling Cup which is our only chance of silverware.
League Ambition: 17th

Leeds 0-0 Everton
Yakubu (miss pen 56)
Red Cards: Connolly (53)
MOM: Yobo 8.0
Match Comments: The team played well after Connolly’s stupid foul. We were unlucky though; we hit the post and missed three clear cut chances. In truth we really should have got three points

Simpson Signs
images

Leeds have strengthened yet again in this window with the signing of Newcastle right back Danny Simpson. Simpson was said to set Leeds back by £1.4M. In a press conference Miskell said he was delighted with the speed and price of this deal. Simpson will be aiming to play a key part in the Leeds season and will be Miskell’s first choice left back.

Man City 2-0 Leeds
Tevez (27, 35)
MOM: Tevez 8.8
Match Comments: We never expected to win and they dominated from start to finish.

Leeds make Double Salvo
images
images

Leeds have announced a double raid of young talent by signing young goalkeeper Alphonse Areola and prospective left back Dodo. The deal cost Leeds a combined fee of £6.4M. Former Leeds player and legend Eddie Gray said “I am pleased to see Miskell is looking to the future with these two deals and am pleased that he has adopted a Revie style philosophy of signing the best youth talent available. Although Dodo won’t join Leeds until January the 18 year old is said to be an important part of the Leeds squad. Areola is expected to get little first team football with both Smithies and Schmeichel ahead of him in the pecking order.

League Cup 2nd Round
Hereford 1-3 Leeds
Howson (27, Griffiths (53), Wisdom (75), Sanogo (Pen 90+2)
MOM: Griffiths 8.5
Match Comments: A solid win but we didn’t play well and conceded against a mediocre lower league team. Sorry Hereford fans

Leeds 2-1 Birmingham
Sanogo (21), Griffiths (35), Jerome (67)
Injuries: Zigic (6), Simpson (14)
MOM: Jones 7.7
Match Comments: A change in formation and a change in result. We played well against a very good Birmingham team. This signals our first win of the season.

Month Review
Goals Scored: 5
Goals Conceded: 4
Player of the Month: Phil ‘Eats Your Nose’ Jones
images

Young Player of the Month: Leigh 'Lion Heart' Griffiths
Performance of the Month: 2-1 win over Birmingham.
Month Rating: 6/10

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

September Update
September Preview
This is the month where we can build on our achievements from September with the aim of snatching an away win from one match and with the fixtures we have this year I think we might be able to take all the points available.

Ipswich 1-2 Leeds
images

Civelli (13), Sanogo (18), Gonzales (OG 90+1)
Red Cards: Cubillier (67)
MOM: Civelli 8.0
Match Comments: Our first away win of the season and all of a sudden we are starting to perform a lot better.

Leeds 0-1 Blackpool
Sylvestre (9)
MOM: Grandin 8.5
Match Comments: We controlled the match and they nicked a quick goal on the counter before putting ten men behind the ball. A poor game

League Cup 3rd Round
images

Leeds 1-0 Swansea
McCormack (miss pen 16) Nunez (18)
images

MOM: Sanogo 7.6
Match Comments: A clean sheet and through to the next round where we will face Blackburn at home

Wolves 1-2 Leeds
McCormack (24, 59), N’Diaye (OG 32)
Injuries: Johnson (36)
images

MOM: McCormack 8.8
Match Comments: A good away win at Molyneux thanks to superb finish from Magic McCormack.

Month Review
Goals Scored: 5
Goals Conceded: 3
Player of the Month: Phil ‘Eats Your Nose’ Jones
images

Young Player of the Month: Yaya ‘Yeboah’ Sanogo
Performance of the Month: Ipswich 1-2 Leeds
Month Rating: 8/10

Last edited:
some nice signings, and although not the best start, still pretty decent I think and you can take positives from the performances

some nice signings, and although not the best start, still pretty decent I think and you can take positives from the performances

Thanks Mate. There'll be an update later tonight

EDIT Update Will Be Tommorow now due to my excitement at Deadline Day

Last edited:
October Update
October Preview
We had a great September and were looking to build on that again in October. We had two very tough games though against Tottenham and league leaders Liverpool

Fulham 2-4 Leeds
McCormack (29, 84), Zamora (40), Howson (50), Jones (70), Smithies (OG 75)
MOM: McCormack 9.1
Match Comments: 4 goals away at Craven Cottage isn’t a bad scoring record. I don’t know why we are conceding so many own goals though. Good to see ‘Jonesy’ score his first goal for the club as well.

Miskell sings Young Spaniard
attachment.php

Tom Miskell has today completed the signing of Spanish youngster Joan Angel Roman. The 18 year old central midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by former club Manchester City. Miskell said ”Joan is a good prospect for the future and I am looking forward to working with him. He will not be getting first team football but will continue to develop in our U18’S system

Leeds 2-3 Bolton
Jones (9), Eriksen (18), Chung Yong (21), Henderson (23), Bessone (31)
MOM: Eriksen 8.4
Match Comments: An entertaining first half for the fans but we didn’t walk away with any points from this one.

Leeds 6-3 Tottenham
Jones (OG 5), Jones (16, 73), Defoe (23), Sanogo (33, 65, 84), Nunez (77)
images

MOM: Sanogo 9.6
Match Comments: What a match. 9 goals to be seen in this great win for Leeds. Sanogo was awesome and I am delighted with the way Jones recovered from his own goal to net two for our team.

League Cup 4th Round
Leeds 2-0 Blackburn
Sanogo (11), Nunez (16)
MOM: Collins 8.1
Match Comments: A good win against good opposition sees us through to the quarter finals where we will play Spurs at home.

Liverpool 0-2 Leeds
Sanogo (13), Griffiths (63)
images

MOM: Griffiths 8.2
Match Comments: Liverpool were playing brilliant before this match and were top of the league until we turned up to spring a surprise crushing the reds 2-0.

October Review
Goals Scored: 16
Goals Conceded: 8
Player of the Month: Yaya ‘Yeboah’ Sanogo
images

Young Player of the Month: Phil ‘Eats Your Nose’ Jones
Performance of the Month: Liverpool 0-2 Leeds
Month Rating: 8/10
League Table
attachment.php

Last edited:
November and December Updates

November Update
November Preview
We have a very tough month in the league playing against my bogey team Stoke and our arch rivals United. We also have a very important cup match against the team we play best against in Spurs.

Leeds 0-3 Man Utd
Vidic (9), Rooney (12), Nani (53)
Injuries: Sanogo (36)
images

MOM: Nani 8.4
Match Comments: We were beaten by a much better side proving we still have miles to go before we can be beating United.

Aston Villa 2-0 Leeds
Agbonlahor (2), Maggio (18)
images

Red Cards: Dunne (24)
MOM: Kabore 7.9
Match Comments: I was expecting more from us after the red card.

Leeds 0-2 Stoke
N’Diaye (miss pen 26), Huth (49), Whitehead (56)
MOM: Huth 7.9
Match Comments: That penalty miss lost us our control and I think we could have taken 3 points from this match if that would have gone in.

West Ham 2-4 Leeds
Cole (6), Sanogo (30), Behrami (45), Nunez (51), Griffiths (62, 89)
images

MOM: Griffiths 8.8
Match Comments: Finally a win to get us back on track

League Cup Quarter Finals
Leeds 3-0 Tottenham
Sanogo (3), Howson (44), Griffiths (46)
images

MOM: Sanogo 8.2
Match Comments: We seem to play really well against Spurs 3 wins from 3 games and that puts us into the semi finals against West Brom

November Review
Goals Scored: 7
Goals Conceded: 9
Player of the Month: Leigh 'Lionheart' Griffiths
images

Performance of the Month: Leeds 3-0 Tottenham
Month Rating: 4/10
attachment.php

December Update
December Preview
We had a very tough month playing against title contenders Man City and an underperforming Arsenal team. We would have to match them both throughout the match.

Portsmouth 2-2 Leeds
Yeste (13), Collins (43), Kisnorbo (78), Kitson (80)
MOM: Yeste 7.8
Match Comments: I feel we could have got more out of this game. Never the less we played well enough to earn a point and so did Pompey.

Leeds 2-1 Newcastle
Sanogo (4(), Tierney (90+1), Griffiths (90+2)
images

MOM: Howson 8.2
Match Comments: This is what football is all about. Immediately after the referee signalled for 2 minutes of injury time Newcastle scored with a terrific goal from Tierney. The celebrations were short lived though when in the dying seconds Griffiths dribbled through a tiring toonami defence to slot home the winner sending the Leeds faithful into raptures.

Wigan 2-3 Leeds
Collins 25), Jones (37), Rodallega (43), Bosselli (45), Griffiths (77)
MOM: N’Zogbia 9.0
Match Comments: Again Griffiths scores the winner. He just comes alive for the last 30 minutes and seems to be the best player on the pitch.

Arsenal 6-0 Leeds
Bocchetti (15), van Persie (24, 41, 76), Arshavin (33), Chamakh (49)
images

MOM: van Persie 9.6
Match Comments: A truly terrible performance

Everton 3-1 Leeds
Bilyaletdinov (22), Jagielka (34), Yakubu (62), Nunez (87)
MOM: Bilyaletdinov 8.2
Match Comments: At least we scored this time

Leeds 0-1 Man City
Tevez (59)
MOM: Hart 8.4
Match Comments: I never thought I’d say this but Leeds should have beaten Man City today and were the better team throughout.

December Review
Goals Scored: 8
Goals Conceded: 15
Player of the Month: Leigh 'Lionheart' Griffiths
images

Performance of the Month: Wigan 2-3 Leeds
Month Rating: 3/10

Last edited:
January Update

January Update
January Preview
A month where we have the money to fine tweak our squad with us on the lookout for several players including a striker, playmaker and we will complete the signing of Dodo. In terms of matches we had to recover from our woeful December and end our 3 match losing streak. We also had our League Cup Semi Final games against West Brom.

Dodo Arrives
images

Brazilian left back Dodo has today arrived at Leeds United. Despite the deal being agreed in August Dodo has also signed now due to the Brazilian signings abroad clauses. Dodo is thought to be an integral part at the back for Miskell and will be his first choice left back.

Birmingham 1-1 Leeds
Becchio (17), Kalinic (67)
Red Cards: Kalinic (70)
MOM: Becchio 7.6

FA Cup 3rd Round
Basingstoke 0-4 Leeds
Bruce (22), Sanogo (69), Griffiths (73), N’Diaye (89 pen)
MOM: Bruce 9.1
Match Comments: We had a decent game but we should have won by more.

Wickham signs for Leeds
images

Leeds have completed the signing of wonderkid teenager Connor Wickham. Wickham signs from strugglers Ipswich for a fee which is reportedly around the £5M mark. Miskell has bought Wickham to strengthen his attack for the future saying “We now have three strikers all under the age of 21 and that can only stand us in good stead for the future.”

League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
Leeds 2-0 West Brom
Sanogo (46), Nunez (65)
images

MOM: Griffiths 8.2
Match Comments: A good solid win in the first leg and I believe we can repeat this in the second

Leeds 3-2 Ipswich
Lavric (19), Kisnorbo (22), Sanogo (46), Delaney (OG 63), Scotland (80)
Red Cards: McAuley (90+3)
MOM: Sanogo 8.2
Match Comments: We edged out a thriller and despite looking comfortable all match Jason Scotland provided us with some late match drama

Blackpool 1-3 Leeds
Griffiths (19, 55), Sanogo (22), Boyata (45+1)
images

Match Comments: A good away win against Ollie and his team and I am pleased with our team’s performance, in particular Leigh Griffiths and Yaya Sanogo.

League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
West Brom 0-1 Leeds
Leeds win 3-0 on aggregate
Nunez (79)
MOM: Howson 7.7
Match Comments: We play well and will now face Sunderland in the final.

Leeds splash out £18M
images

Miskell today as spent the biggest fee of the January transfer window and he said that it would take a special kind of player for him to pay out that much. Today Miskell called a Press Conference to introduce his record signing to the press. “I have been working on this deal for months now and I can finally present a player who will be a star in midfield so without further ordure, Ladies and Gentleman Mr. Paulo Henrique.” Miskell’s latest addition had this to say “I am pleased to be coming to a club like Leeds to play Premier League football and aim to give the fans this £18M back with my performances for the club.

FA Cup 4th Round
Burnley 1-2 Leeds
Griffiths (9, 69), Paterson (10)
images

Red Cards: Kisnorbo (32)
Match Comments: An easy game made harder when Kisnorbo got sent off. Griffiths played well and managed to rescue us at the end. We can face either West Brom or Port Vale in the Quarter Finals.

Tottenham 1-2 Leeds
Sanogo (26, 90+1), Defoe (43)
images

MOM: Gomes 9.0
Match Comments: Sanogo secured us a late win against our favourite team. We could have won by a bigger margin if it wasn’t for the heroics of Heurelho Gomes.
December Review
Player of the Month: Leigh Griffiths
images

Performance of the Month: Wigan 2-3 Leeds
Month Rating: 3/10
League Table
attachment.php

Last edited:
Good buy!!

I know, gotta pay for him in instalments but you can't go wrong with Paulo Henrique

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:22 PM ----------

February Update
February Preview
The last match of this month was my biggest in charge of Leeds where I would attempt to win the League Cup. We would play against recently relegated Sunderland were still a mammoth threat to the Leeds back line with Gyan, Bent and Alexis Sanchez leading there attack. In the league we had Chelsea to worry about and in the FA Cup would play Port Vale. The Leeds fans would also see their first glimpses of Paulo Henrique. P.S. The League Cup Final will be done as a big separate update.

Leeds 1-1 Wolves
Berra (19), Simpson (31)
MOM: Berra 7.9
Match Comments: We went down early on through a Berra goal but thankfully when N’Diaye found Simpson with a beautiful through ball we were level at 1-1 where the score remained until full time.

Leeds 2-1 Chelsea
Jones (14), Nunez (32), Sturridge (75)
images

MOM: Jones 9.0
Match Comments: That has to be the performance of the season. Never did I think we would ever beat Chelsea in our first Premier League season. The highlight of the match was when a Dodo cross was delivered into the box Nunez headed home with a goal Andy Gray would have been proud of.

Leeds 3-2 Fulham
Dempsey (13 pen, 62), Ganso (21, 48), Griffiths (30)
Red Cards: Rodriguez (82)
images

MOM: Paulo Henrique 8.8
Match Comments: A great win where Paulo Henrique commanded from attacking midfield. He played in Griffiths for his goal and scored two himself.

FA Cup 5th Round
Leeds 1-0 Port Vale
Collins (46)
Red Cards: Bromby (65), McCann (84)
images

MOM: Collins 8.2
Match Comments: We should have won by a bigger margin and probably would have done if it wasn’t for us going down to 9 men.

Bolton 1-3 Leeds
Simpson (18), Paulo Henrique (25, 70), Klasnic (pen 76)
Injuries: Griffiths (17)
Red Cards: Dodo (80)
MOM: Simpson 8.9
Match Comments: Another win where Paulo Henrique directed play from start to finish with Dodo and Simpson overlapping from the back.

February Review
Goals Scored: 10
Goals Conceded: 5
Player of the Month: Danny ‘Satsuma’ Simpson
images

Young Player of the Month: Phil ‘Eats Your Nose’ Jones
Performance of the Month: Leeds 2-1 Chelsea
Month Rating: 9/10
Would have put League Cup final in here but that will go on as a separate update as it is a very important game.

Griffiths is a good signing , just can't believe you got him so cheap. Also good luck to get on more tv. Took me about 8 years to finally break out on to the TV sets.

thanks mate. big fan of your A.D Alcoron story. League cup final update will be tonight. And yes Griffiths is brilliant

The Hype

Thanks Mate

League Cup Build Up
images
Leeds vs. Sunderland
images
v
images
Leeds Formation and Tactics
The Leeds squad is strong with good strength in depth in several positions. The formation Leeds will use though is unclear. There is Miskell’s preferred method of playing which is the 4-1-2-1-2 with the team playing a fluid attacking style with both fullbacks bombing forward. The doubt is though that Miskell may well stick with the formation that enabled him to beat Chelsea playing a 4-1-3-1-1 which is still defensive and involves less people bombing forward to support the lone striker. Another option open to Miskell is to drop one of the men back from a striker to being another attacking midfielder. This would still give Miskell the presence which he wants going forward.
Possible Line Ups
4-1-2-1-2
Smithies
Simpson - Kisnorbo – Jones - Bessone
N’Diaye
Howson - Abou Trika
Ganso
Sanogo – Wickham
4-1-3-1-2
Smithies
Simpson – Kisnorbo – Jones – Bessone
N’Diaye
Nunez – Howson – Abou Trika
Ganso
Sanogo
4-1-2-2-1
Smithies
Simpson – Kisnorbo – Jones – Bessone
N’Diaye
Nunez – Howson
Ganso – Abou Trika
Sanogo
Sunderland Formation and Tactics
9k=
Despite their relegation last year Sunderland are still a force to be reckoned with. They are particularly strong upfront with a partnership of Bent and Gyan. They also added Alexis Sanchez to their squad before getting relegated adding real pace down the right hand side for the argentine Bessone to deal with. The formation is set to be a standard 4-4-2 with the wingers bombing forward while Colback and Cattermole holding the midfield. Sunderland had also lost Craig Gordon and have an inexperienced main goalkeeper called Skaba who would be susceptible to a Leeds attack.
Possible Line Up
4-4-2
Skaba
Angeleri – Turner – Brable – Canella
Sanchez – Cattermole – Colback – Reid
Gyan – Bent
Key Players
Leeds
Phil Jones
The centre half will have a lot to deal with and will be responsible for Darren Bent and will have to command the match aerially.
images
Danny Simpson
The winger will have to bomb forward and put in balls throughout the match to give Leeds some much needed width.
Ganso
The playmaker will be responsible for setting up goals and making chances for somebody to get on the end of
images
Yaya Sanogo
The striker will be responsible for punishing any Sunderland mistake and keeping Skaba on his toes
Sunderland
Michael Turner
He will have to control the Leeds strike force along with partner Bramble in a contest which could prove very important
Alexis Sanchez
The winger will give Bessone **** throughout the match and if he can get beyond him then Sunderland have a chance to attack
images
Lee Cattermole
Responsible for holding the midfield and making sure Ganso is kept quiet.
Darren Bent
The striker along with partner Asamoah Gyan will be responsible for putting away the chances created by Sanchez and Reid
images
The History
The final between Leeds and Sunderland has happened before when Don Revie and his boys faced up against Bob Stokoe, the cheating winging ex centre half. Stokoe’s boys came out on top and Sunderland lifted the ’74 FA Cup. Can they do the same in the League Cup?
images

Great story! Am a bit of a Leeds fan myself, really liked them when I first got into the sport (back in the days of Viduka, Kewell, Alan Smith, Radebe, Kelly, etc.). Your buys have been great so far: I haven't bought any of them myself but I've heard great things about Sanogo, Wickham, and of course, Ganso. Are you always playing with the 4-4-2 diamond? Good luck in the final!

Thanks mate and Ganso is as good as people say he is but Nunez can actually push himself for a place in the team and is a brilliant deep lying play maker. Sanogo is terrific upfront but Griffiths is outperforming Wickham. Hope I win and yes the glory years were brilliant. Final update tonight.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

League Cup Update
images

Leeds vs. Sunderland
Simpson and Nunez injured in Warm Up
Danny Simpson has picked up a knock for Leeds in the warm up and will be unable to start the game./ He is however well enough to make the bench. Paul Connolly has been called up from the bench to start for Miskell’s side. Ramon Nunez’s condition is said to be much worse but still he will be unavailable for selection from the start but will appear on the bench for Leeds

Line Ups Announced
Leeds
images

Smithies
Connolly-Kisnorbo-Jones-Bessone
N’Diaye
Kilkenny-Howson
Ganso-Abou Trika
Sanogo
The Bench
Schmeichel
Simpson
Collins
Parker
Nunez
McCormack
Wickham

Sunderland
images

Skaba
Angeleri-Turner-Bramble-Canella
Sanchez-Colback-Cattermole-Reid
Gyan-Bent
The Bench
Carson
Appiah
Ferdinand
Campbell
Bessat
Kilgallon
Nosworthy

The First Half
The match was quiet to start with no sides making any real chances in the first couple of minutes playing a lot of long ball to their forwards. The first shot of the game was made by us. We won a throw in and Connolly threw it in to the feet of Howson. He then linked up with the midfield as Abou Trika, Ganso and N’Diaye soon all had comfortable touches just off the edge of the penalty area. The ball then came to the feet of Kilkenny who spotted a Sanogo run and played a great ball in behind the defence. Sanogo found it and took it around Skaba. He stuck his left foot on it and GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!! Leeds were 1-0 up with an early goal in this massive final. Sunderland were trying to catch up with lots of crosses coming in from Reid and Sanchez. Leeds kept them at bay comfortably and even had a few attacks of themselves. Sunderland won a corner but Leeds quickly broke quickly and spread the ball left where Abou Trika and Bessone would continue the attack. It was played in to Kilkenny who found Sanogo with a beautiful through ball who buried it past Skaba for his second. 2-0 up and cruising. Leeds were in control winning corners and piling pressure on the opposition. Sunderland won a free kick which Skaba played quickly down the left. It made into the feet of Gyan who continued his run down the left. He pulled it back and Colback struck the ball into the back of the net. 2-1. Sunderland were finding their feet and when Phil Jones brought down Turner from a corner Sunderland had a chance to draw level. Reid stepped up and buried it into the bottom right 2-2. The half time whistle blew and it was 2-2. We had thrown away a two goal lead in the final and I was gutted.

The Second Half
The second half started with Sunderland on top with Lee Cattermole missing a chance from distance. Bessone picked up a card for a foul on Sanchez. It looked like Sunderland would be going home with the trophy but then on the 67th minute mark a Connolly throw in found Sanogo who dribbled down the right before pulling it back for Howson to finish off. The Leeds captain had scored and Leeds were commanding the game 3-2. Substitutes immediately followed for Leeds with Abou Trika being replaced by Nunez and Parker coming on for the carded Bessone. A clattering tackle from Lee Cattermole saw Kilkenny limp off the field injured. He was replaced by Neil Collins while Frazier Campbell appeared from the Sunderland bench in place of Darren Bent. The game fizzled out and as the final whistle sounded Leeds were crowned champions

images

LEEDS 3-2 SUNDERLAND
Tactical Analysis to Come!!!

Last edited:
Tactical Analysis

League Cup Tactical Analysis
Today Leeds United were crowned cup winners after some gruelling games where they used all their skill and determination to overcome. One of the main places where Leeds succeeded was in their midfield.
Neil Kilkenny demonstrates this as he commands the midfield with a dominant passing display. Kilkenny was integral to our success as he set up 2 of our three goals. He had just three passes intercepted and revelled in the role of a deep lying playmaker.

attachment.php

We performed much better than Sunderland in midfield Colback did score a goal for them but that was countered by the brilliant work of Jonny Howson. Our midfield truly ran the show for us and Colback’s passing shows this. Colback missed many passes and his passing was a lot longer spreading the ball from the centre out in all directions. Kilkenny was more purposeful playing shorter forward ball in towards the attacking midfielders and the striker Sanogo.
attachment.php

League Table
After 30 games we sit high up in the league in the knowledge we have qualified in the Europa League.
attachment.php

March Update

March Update
March Preview
After a phenomenal League Cup win we knew we had an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League. We were sat 8 points behind Man Utd who had a game in hand over us. We knew it would be a challenge but we certainly had a squad capable of challenging to join the best in Europe and therefore the world. We had several tough tests in this jam packed month and we even played Champions League rivals United, while in the FA cup we played Birmingham at home as we chased down our second piece of silverware.

Man Utd 4-2 Leeds
Berbatov (51), Rooney (65, 67), Sanogo (81, 85), Nani (90+1)
images

MOM: Rooney 9.4
Match Comments: Well, I am proud of our performance because at 3-0 down we didn’t give up and tried to pull it back and did so to 3-2. We kept going and kept trying to attack and the lads did a good job.

Leeds 4-2 Liverpool
Gerrard (6, 67), Nunez (15), Sanogo (18, 90+2), Abou Trika (75)
MOM: Sanogo 9.3
Match Comments: We played fantastic and I believe Sanogo has been my best signing of the season.

FA Cup 6th Round
Leeds 0-0 Birmingham
images

MOM: Smithies 8.8
Match Comments: A bore draw. We could’ve won, we could’ve lost.

Leeds 2-1 Aston Villa
Sanogo (7, 52), Ireland (63)
Injuries: Nunez (68)
MOM: Sanogo 8.8
Match Comments: Sanogo will become a Leeds legend, guaranteed.

Birmingham 3-0 Leeds
Witsel (pen 36), Zigic (75), Dann (0+1)
MOM: Zigic 8.7
Match Comments: We were disappointing today and Birmingham dominated from start to finish.

Stoke 0-3 Leeds
Sanogo (32, 38, 85)
MOM: Sanogo 9.6
images

Match Comments: After a quiet first half an hour Bruce played a long ball up from the back which beat the Stoke defence to fins Sanogo who took it round Begovic to make it 1-0. Stoke were failing to get into the Leeds penalty are shooting from range on several occasions. A Graham Kamara long ball was then latched onto by Sanogo who expertly finished into the middle of the net after rounding Begovic for the second time. The half time whistle blew and Leeds led 2-0. Leeds started the second half the brighter with Begovic denying Sanogo the hatrick. Yaya continued to be presented with several chances with long range efforts falling short on several occasions. Stoke were knocking at the barn door all game but their strikers couldn’t finish for toffee and the game filtered out towards the end until Jonny Howson played in a perfectly weighted pass for Sanogo to complete his hatrick.

Newcastle 1-1 Leeds
Howson (21), Taylor (80)
MOM: Bruce 9.0
Match Comments: Both teams started out well and when N’Diaye found Simpson with space down the right. Simpson was able to square it in to local lad Jonny Howson who made it 1-0 to Leeds. The match remained this way until the 80st minute where Stephen Taylor was on hand to head home an indirect free kick

March Review
Goals Scored: 12
Goals Conceded: 11
images

Young Player of the Month: Alex ‘Gavelaaarr’ Smithies
Performance of the Month: Leeds 4-2 Liverpool
Month Rating: 6/10

good story march was an okay moth for you

follow my story shearer returns to rovers here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f116/shearer-returns-to-rovers-t64097.html

Tactical Analysis

Tactical Analysis
It is time again to analyse our biggest game of that month and where it all went right and wrong. There were several examples of how it went wrong this month and a few of where it went right. The Man Utd game is a clear example of where it went wrong. We struggled to get our shots away against Manure. Our shots tended to come from distance. The only reason why it was a close match was because we were alot more clinical as seen by the red (missing) shots by Manure. They tended to shoot from the edge of the box while we had to shoot from range as seen by our 30 yard effort.
Us on the right. Manure on the left
attachment.php
Manure also had a lot better movement than us shown as they made several runs down the left mainly involving Nani. Our runs however tended to be stopped and we struggled to handle them down the left despite the best efforts from Danny Simpson. We were caught offside at various points in our movement Sanogo being the main offender.
Again Us on the right Manure on the left.
attachment.php
League Table
The league table looks very similar to last time but we have climbed up to sixth. Chelsea sit 4 points clear with 4 games to go. We have moved up and still have an outside chance of finishing 4th but we need several results to go our way in April.
attachment.php

April Update
April Preview
April was a month where we were looking to end on a high and give us the determination to get through to the next season in a good position but we still have an outside chance of a Champions League place and with some results going our way and some world class performances this is still achievable. The matches were simple we needed to win every single one. Our toughest test would be Chelsea away and we would also have to beat Arsenal at home to stand a chance of even attempting to get to fourth.

Leeds 3-0 West Ham
Sanogo (20, 25), Paulo Henrique (31)
MOM: Sanogo 8.8
Match Comments: The match started with West Ham on top but when a Howson long ball found Sanogo Leeds took the lead and went 1-0 up and when a Danny Simpson cross found Sanogo’s feet it was 2-0 and Leeds were cruising. Leeds went 3-0 in front when a Paulo Henrique thunderbolt found the top corner of the net. This was how it remained until the end of the match.

Leeds 5-0 Portsmouth
Wickham (22, 42), Sanogo (pen 26, 54), Ashdown (OG 59)
images

MOM: Wickham 9.5
Match Comments: Leeds were dominant straight from the start and when a Nunez cross fell for Wickham they went 1-0 up. When Paulo Henrique was brought down in the penalty area Yaya Sanogo was on hand to convert the penalty. Wickham then scored his second of the game when he latched on to a Ramon Nunez through ball. Leeds had a fourth when Wickham put through strike partner Sanogo to make it 4-0. It was 5 when Ashdown fumbled a long range Simpson effort.

Leeds 2-0 Arsenal
Bruce (25), Sanogo (pen 82)

images

MOM: Bruce 8.3
Match Comments: Leeds started the brighter piling the pressure on the Arsenal defence before an Abou Trika corner found the head of Alex Bruce who buried it home and Leeds had a shock 1-0 lead. Arsenal then controlled the ball and the match. In the second half Arsenal scrambled the ball into the back of the net but it was disallowed for a foul by Samir Nasri. Leeds were desperate and brought off Abou Trika for Bromby. Arsenal were on the attack but when Dodo won a throw in that found Henrique, Leeds had a chance. He put the ball into the area for Sanogo who was brought down by Eboue. The referee pointed straight to the spot and Yaya Sanogo stepped up to take it. He buried it in the top right corner and it was plain sailing from there on. The team who had lost 6-0 at the Emirates had come back to stun the gunners at Elland Road putting the just 2 points behind 4th.

Chelsea 0-0 Leeds
MOM: Ivanovic 7.8
Match Comments: Chelsea controlled the game from start to finish missing several clear chances but failed to convert any meaning Leeds scraped out a 0-0 draw away at the Bridge but ruling Leeds out of a Champions League spot.

Leeds 2-0 Wigan
McCormack (69), Sanogo (77)
images

MOM: Nunez 8.0
Match Comments: Leeds ended the season strongly despite a poor start against Wigan. McCormack came off the bench to score giving leads the comfort they needed to take the game to the Latics. Sanogo was then put through by playmaker Ramon Nunez and rounded the keeper like he has done so many times this season. This means that Leeds finish in 5th position and are truly back on the road to becoming Premier League Champions.

April Review
images

Young Player of the Month: Connor ‘Sniffer’ Wickham
Performance of the Month: Leeds 2-0 Arsenal
Month Rating: 9/10

League Table
5th place then after a very strong effort from the lads.
attachment.php