Emile Heskey: Road to Redemption

End of Season Review 2020/21

It's been a pretty up and down season for the club this season. Fortunately, most of the ups came after I took over as manager back in December. This season was all about consolidating ourselves in the Premier League, as the board set me the rather unambitious target of avoiding a relegation scrap on my appointment. Continental qualification was a prospect I never thought possible, but thanks to some strong performances we have pushed our way into the Europa League and hopefully boost the club' reputation in the process.

View attachment 25484

It was no surprise to me that Saelemaekers was awarded both the Fans' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season Award. I keep banging on about how good he is but he really is! He picked up 16 assists in the Premier League, finishing second in the overall which is a massive achievement for a full-back. At the age of 34, Jamie Vardy is still proving to be our most lethal striker, scoring 18 goals in 28 appearances.

View attachment 25483

A big surge in commercial revenue and prize money has enabled the board to free up some money for to invest in substantial improvements around the club. Youth Recruitment, Junior Coaching, Training Facilities and Youth Facilities are all set to be improved before the end of the year!

View attachment 25482
View attachment 25481
View attachment 25480
View attachment 25479

View attachment 25205

June - England

Malta 0 - 8 England

View attachment 25204

Harry Kane scored 5 goals as we strolled to an 8 - 0 victory over minnows, Malta. Obviously we were expected to thrash Malta and it was practically a training match for us. Still we can only beat what's in front of us.

England 8 - 1 Azerbaijan

View attachment 25203

I rotated the entire starting line-up as we smashed another 8 past Azerbaijan. Despite the massive scoreline, it was disappointing to concede a set-piece goal against a side that really shouldn't be causing us any problems.

League Table

We maintain our 100% record in the group, 4 points above Finland in second. If we don't win this group and qualify for the 2022 World Cup then I will be undoubtably sacked... and rightly so!

View attachment 25202

Transfer Activity

The club was under extreme financial pressure when I took over as manager, with just under £60 Million of debt. Fortunately we have since received various funding from the board, commercial deals, TV rights and prize money, which has made us solvent. However, I am very inclined to ensure the long term future of the football club and not slide into the that sort of financial situation again. Therefore most of my transfer activity has gone out rather than come in...

15 players have left the club, whilst only 5 new faces have joined. The wage budget has been drastically cut, whilst making £9 Million profit on transfers in the process.

View attachment 25201

Roberto Gagliardini - We managed to poach the experienced, Italian midfielder off Inter Milan as he entered the last 6 months of his contract. He will hopefully add some much needed tenacity to our midfield and looks an absolute steal for free transfer!

View attachment 25200

Predrag Rajovic - The ever reliant Kasper Schmeichel has now turned 34 and arguably on the decline. Rajkovic looks to be a fitting replacement with plenty of international experience and still developing as a player. I will likely use both keepers throughout the campaign, but Rajkovic is definitely our future No 1.

View attachment 25199

Gabrielle Corbo - A young Italian, ball playing defender with heaps of potential. I like my defenders to be able to play out from the back and Corbo looks a good fit for this system. He is possibly a bit weak in some of his technical attributes but he is young and am hoping he can develop into a world class defender at Leicester.

View attachment 25198

Premier League Activity

View attachment 25197

Season Preview 2021/22

View attachment 25067

Our managed to achieve a 100% record in our pre-season, as I began to play around with some new formations. Although we didn't play any European giants, the likes of Sporting, Dinamo and Club Brugge are the caliber of opponents we will be facing in the Europa League. Spirits should be high as h head into the new season.

View attachment 25066

I'm pretty content with my squad heading into the new season. As I said previously, my main objective was to offload unwanted players over the summer and reduce the club's wages and have managed to do that rather effectively. We have a good balance across all positions. We are still quite weak on the wings, so will be relying on the wing-backs to provide us width going forwards.

View attachment 25063

Liverpool are favourites to win a third successive Premier League title, whilst we are expected to challenge for a Europa League place once again.

View attachment 25065

My main objective from the board is to qualify for the Europa League this season. This seems a fair objective considering our strong finish last season. I'd like to think we can make more of a challenge for the top 4, but think this might be just beyond our reach this season.

View attachment 25064