Emile Heskey: Road to Redemption

View attachment 31260

April + May

Championship
Swansea 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 31257

A late penalty gifted Swansea the victory despite being reduced to 10-men. It was an extremely disappointing goal to concede, considering our man advantage. We should have pushed on and took the game to Swansea following Byers red card but instead found ourselves on the back-foot and gifted them a penalty.

Championship
Bolton 0 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 31255

Dael Fry scored his first professional goal as we eased past Bolton on my return to the University Stadium. I ended my playing career at Bolton, so was a rather surreal moment walking out of tunnel. Fortunately the lads handled the occasion much more professionally than my self.

We lose another striker, as Assombalonga joins the injury list.

View attachment 31256

Championship
Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Hull

View attachment 31254

We absolutely battered Hull all game but our failure to put the game to bed came back to haunt us in the 89th minute, as Ayala deflected the ball past Glover. Another very frustrating afternoon, but this time we only had ourselves to blame!

Championship
Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Stoke

View attachment 31253

Another dominating performance at the Riverside. Fortunately we managed to capitalise on our dominance this time and earn the full 3 points. It was a massive response from the disappointment of last week to overcome the league leaders.

Stewart Downing may have just played his last game for the club as injury rules him out for the remainder of the season. His contract expires at the end of the season and an extension isn't looking likely.

View attachment 31252

Championship
Nottingham Forest 5 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 31251

Absolute f****** rubbish!

Easily the worst day of my managerial career and an embarrassment to our fans and ourselves. The most frustrating thing is, you look at the match stats and you would assume there would be a goal in it, if that. We almost gave up defending in the second half and missed time after time at the other end. The joys of being a manager.

I was absolutely fuming after the game and made the players reimburse our travelling supporters. The performance was a disgrace to the club and I cant apologise enough to the fans.

View attachment 31250

Championship

Middlesbrough 3 - 3 Reading

View attachment 31248

We responded brilliantly to the hammering last week, racing into a 3 goal lead inside 14 minutes. Unfortunately it all unravelled after that as we fell to an equaliser in the final minute of injury time. A thumping victory would have softened last weeks result, but it was just more frustration for the club and evidence of the amount of work we have ahead.

View attachment 31247

Championship

Rotherham 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 31246

A bore draw pretty much sums up the clubs season. A lack of creativity in midfield and poor finishing going forward. Time for a much needed break and put a disappointing season behind us.

I just about managed to achieve my objective of finishing in the top half of the table, as we end the season in 11th. Not bad considering the position the club were in when I took over at the end of November.

Stoke, Villa and Swansea return to the Premier League, as Ipswich, Wigan and Bolton drop down to League One.

View attachment 31245
View attachment 31244

Leicester sack Puel

View attachment 31200

12th​ May 2019

Claude Puel has today been sacked by Leicester City following an 11th​ place finish in the League. Since winning the League in 2015/16 Leicester have become an increasingly ambitious club and it appears that a top half finish is the minimum requirement.

Pressure had been building on 57-year-old Frenchman over the last month and his fate was eventually sealed after he failed to win any of his final 5 games.

Club legend, Emile Heskey has expressed his interest in the position following a steady start to his managerial career with Middlesbrough. Despite being a firm favourite at the club, the general consensus is that it’s a bit too early for the rookie manager.

Wolves manager, Nuno Espirito Santo is set to take over at the King Power in the next couple of days following am impressive 14th​ place with the newly promoted side.

End of Season Review 18/19

View attachment 31135

So the curtains finally come down on the 2018/19 season. A season which I'll never forget, as I finally made the transition into management. The last few months have certainly been an eye opener into the pressures, frustrations and joys of management. It's been a far from easy challenge, but I appear to have finished my first season unscathed.

I found myself regularly chopping and changing the lineup and formation as I strived to find a winning combination. Our end of season awards produced the following best XI, with George Friend picking up Player of the Year and Dael Fry Young Player of the Year

View attachment 31137

My position at Middlesbrough looked questionable a few months ago, when the squad appeared to blame my management as the main reason behind the club's poor season. I was extremely disappointed at the players reaction and prepared to start looking elsewhere.

Fortunately the board and fans alike have shown there support for me over the past couple of weeks and made me feel extremely welcome at the club.

View attachment 31134
View attachment 31132

I was hoping for a much larger budget to help strengthen the squad, but Chairman has decided to keep his money in his pockets. My transfer policy is therefore going to be revolved entirely around free agents and players listed for loan.

View attachment 31130

To help free up more funds I have decided to release a number of players on free transfers. Stewart Downing and Grant Leadbitter are the two noticeable names on the list. They are 34 and 33 respectively and both on the decline. By releasing them, I have freed up £55,000 p/w on wages. Money which can be much better served elsewhere.

(Downing was also the d**k that questioned my managerial ability so good riddance!)

View attachment 31131

Around The Leagues

Champions League – Juventus
Europa League - Marseille

Premier League – Man City
FA Cup – Liverpool
League Cup – Sheffield United

La Liga – Real Madrid

Ligue 1 – Lyon

Bundesliga – Bayern

Serie A - Juventus

Last edited:
Good luck for the next season, first full year should lead to a positive playoff push

3 New Signings

View attachment 30988
View attachment 30987
View attachment 30986

After scouring the market for expiring contracts I finally stubbled across experienced Icelandic midfielder, Aron Einar Gunnarsson. He was a regular for Cardiff in the Premier League last season, so was surprised to see him released on a free.

He's a tireless defensive midfielder who leads by example. His high determination and work rate will add some much needed energy to the midfield. I'm hopeful that he will prove to be a big asset to the side over the next few seasons.

View attachment 30985
View attachment 30984
View attachment 30983

Charlie Taylor struggled to break into Burnley's starting XI last season and found himself being listed for loan. When I was alerted to his availability it was almost impossible to resist putting in an offer. He's a hard working full-back with a wand of a left foot.

Despite our current LB, George Friend winning our Player of the Year Award last season, I need cover in the position and am delighted to land a player of Taylor's quality.

View attachment 30982
View attachment 30981
View attachment 30980

Young Welsh winger, Harry Wilson had a terrific loan spell at Derby last season, scoring 7 and assisting 11. Clearly a way off breaking into the Liverpool starting side, they allowed him to drop back down to the Championship for another season. I thought Derby would be keen to resign him, but to my delight he chose Middlesbrough

He's effective down both wings, can cross the ball and find the back of the net. He looks set to be a really exciting addition to the squad and cant wait to see him terrorising the opposition fullbacks

3 More Signings

View attachment 30840
View attachment 30846
View attachment 30845

Dominic Solanke has been brought in to bolster our attacking options. He had a solid loan spell with Newcastle in the Premier League last season, so was surprised that Liverpool allowed him to drop down to the Championship. He has a lot of experience for a young man and am confident that he can improve our conversion rate in the final third.

View attachment 30837
View attachment 30844
View attachment 30843

The Colossal, Croatian centre-back, Filip Benkovic joins for the season. He is a towering presence at the back, standing at 6'4" and will hopefully dominate the aerial battles. Hopefully he can also prove to be an attacking threat at set-pieces.

View attachment 30836
View attachment 30842
View attachment 30841

Todd Kane joins on a free transfer after he was released by Chelsea. He had a good loan spell at Hull last season and will be a good addition to the squad. I needed some additional cover at right-back and on a shoestring budget, Kane looks a bit of a steal.

Season Preview

View attachment 30822

Pre Season Results
I got my first opportunity to lead a pre-season. This finally allowed me to play around with various tactics and line-ups, without any risk. I managed to get the majority of my transfers done early on, so had plenty of opportunity to work with the whole squad.

It may not have been the most challenging set of fixtures but we managed to go unbeaten, scoring 30 goals and conceding just 3. The 5-0 thumping of Borussia Mönchengladbach was a particular highlight. We will be looking to carry this momentum through to the start of the season.

View attachment 30821

Expectations & Finances

Last season I didn’t have much pressure from the board, considering the club’s terrible position when I took over. All I really had to do was avoid relegation and move towards the top half. This season is a different story and reaching the playoffs appears to be the minimum requirement.

I’m a little frustrated I haven’t been given a larger transfer budget considering the clubs financial position. I’ve had to rely mostly on loan signings and would have liked to bring a few quality players in on a permanent basis.

View attachment 30820
View attachment 30819

Bookies Prediction

Unsurprisingly, Newcastle are favourites to win the Championship and bounce straight back to the Premier League. Although the bookies have clearly been impressed by my activity in the transfer market, tipping us to be title challengers.

View attachment 30818

Squad Overview

Im really happy with the balance of the squad moving into the start of the season. I've brought in a total of 6 players without spending a penny on transfer fees. We have some great attacking options in the squad now and am expecting us to be raking up the goals this season.

August Fixtures

August looks set to be a hectic month, with 7 fixtures scheduled. This includes our League Cup First Round fixture to look forward to against Yeovil.

View attachment 30817

View attachment 30749

August (Part 1)

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Brentford

View attachment 30748

Harry Wilson had a storming debut, bagging a brace in front of the home crowd. He terrorised the Brentford defence all game and put in a superb individual performance. Unfortunately the rest of team struggled to keep pace and looked a little rusty. We had plenty of chances to kill the game off and were punished by a late set-piece goal.

Gunnarsson's debut didn't go quite as well, picking up a slight niggle and a doubt for the next game.

View attachment 30747

CHAMPIONSHIP
Rotherham 0 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30746

We responded to last weeks disappointment with an extremely dominant performance on the road. It was a day for the midfielders as both Saville and Clayton found the back of the net, as the forwards struggled. We still need to be more clinical, but am happy with the performance.

Carabao Cup 1st Round
Yeovil 0 - 1 Middlesborough

View attachment 30745

I made 9 changes to the starting lineup, as we laboured past Yeovil and into the 2nd round. We dominated the majority of the game, but struggled to break down there resilient defence. Fortunately our young, academy winger, Harry Chapman found the breakthrough.

The 2nd round is set to prove a more challenging contest, as we host Premier League side, Huddersfield.

View attachment 30744

Next up the Tyne-Tees Derby against Newcastle!

Tyne – Tees Derby

View attachment 30652

The City’s been buzzing all week as we approach the first Tyne-Tees derby since 2010. The highly anticipated fixture sold out in record time with just 1,600 seats being allocated to the travelling Newcastle supporters, inside the 34,000 capacity Riverside Stadium. Expectation is high and tensions are starting to build.

The bookies have us down as slight underdogs, despite the home advantage. Regardless of predictions, I’m determined to make a statement and outline our promotion credentials. A win today could really kick start our season and boost my reputation amongst our supporters.

View attachment 30653

An absolutely phenomenal performance from the lads today! I’m speechless! I knew we had the ability to get the win, but to thrash them 5-1 is something else. Easily the greatest moment of my managerial career to date.

George Saville bagged a hat-trick as we recorded one of our largest ever victories over Newcastle. We bullied Newcastle in ever aspect as the team thrived off the fans energy. If I can get the team playing like this every week then a promotion challenge should be a breeze!

View attachment 30651

View attachment 30507
August (Part 2)

CHAMPIONSHIP
Derby 1 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30506

A big win over fellow promotion contenders Derby. Whilst it was great to catch up with my fellow England teammate, Frank Lampard the most important thing was that we came away with 3 points. Benkovic caused havoc from set-pieces and really displayed his dominant aerial presence.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 3 - 2 Nottingham Forest

View attachment 30505

We got revenge on that 5-0 thrashing last season, but had to endure a nervy final few minutes as we almost squandered a 3 goal lead. It was a tale of 2 halves really. We were brilliant in the first half, but switched off on the second and nearly lost 2 points. On a another positive, Dominic Solanke finally scored and has now opened his Middlesbrough account.

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Huddersfield (p)

View attachment 30504

I made a whole host of changes to the starting line-up for our Carabao Cup fixture, as we narrowly lost out on penalties. I brought on Solanke and Wilson for the shoot-out so was disappointed to see my tactical switch backfire, with both players missing. My main objective is the League this season, so am not overly disappointed with the result.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Sunderland 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30503

The Tees-Wear is our second derby of the month, and once more we recorded a vitally important victory and most importantly the bragging rights to go alongside it. I had anticipated a much harder contest, so was pleasantly surprised to see ease to victory. Benkovic continues to dominate set-pieces, scoring his first goal for the club.

View attachment 30501
View attachment 30500

It's been a terrific start to the season, dropping just 2 points in the League as we top the table at the end of August. We've had a few massive results already, with the the 2 derby games (and the Derby Country) being particularly highlights amongst the fans.

My first Managerial accolade is the August Manager of the Month Award. It may only be a minor award, but it's still a landmark on my career.

View attachment 30502
View attachment 30499

View attachment 30290

September

CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Sheffield United

View attachment 30289

We were frustrated by a clinical Sheffield United side. Despite controlling the game, we had to come from behind twice and managed to battle out a very hard fought draw. We were also let off the hook in the early stages of the game when they missed a penalty.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Reading 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30288

Reading inflicted our first defeat of the season. We conceded a soft corner just after halftime and couldn't find a response. A draw probably would have been a fairer result, but we only have ourselves to blame. Hopefully we can respond next week.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 4 - 1 Fulham

View attachment 30287

Well we got the response I was asking for, smashing recently relegated Fulham 4-1! It was another fantastic performance from the lads and a big result in our season. We really are starting to look like the team to beat in the League this season, I just hope it continues.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Leeds 0 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30286

Another day, another win! I'm starting to run out of superlatives to describe our performances and my job has started to look very easy. I'm bound to start getting some unrest in the squad over lack of playing times, but is hard to change a team performing at this standard!

Todd Kane is set for a month on the sidelines after pulling his groin.

View attachment 30285

We are nearly a quarter of the way through the season as we reach the end of September as we open up a 3 point gap at the top of the table. A goal difference of 14 also looks considerably better than last season.

View attachment 30284
View attachment 30283

5 games to look forward to in October

View attachment 30282

Loving this story so far mate - keep it up!

Still early days but looking good for promotion this season.

View attachment 30144

October

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Barnsley

View attachment 30143

We battered Barnsley all game and Solanke finally found a way past their stubborn defence in the 87th minute. Harry Wilson then rounded off another fantastic individual performance, scoring from the penalty spot with virtually the last kick of the game.

CHAMPIONSHIP
QPR 0 - 1 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30142

Benkovic's thundering header 5 minutes in, was enough to get the 3 points at Loftus Road. Our defence put in a terrific shift and looked unbeatable at the back and even did the strikers job at the other end.

We picked up a few knocks in the game, but with the international break approaching, all should be fit in time for the next fixture.

View attachment 30141

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Preston

View attachment 30140

A frustrating afternoon against Preston, as they managed to find 2 equalisers and take home a point. When Solanke put us 2-1 up I was confident we would hold on for the win, but a defensive error from Fry allowed Robinson a one-on-one with Randolph, which he didn't waste.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Cardiff 1 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 30139

A dominant display away at Cardiff against a side who were in the Premier League last season. Despite our dominance for 85 minutes, a late Joe Ralls goal made it a very tense final 5, as we managed to hold on for the full 3 points.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Norwich

View attachment 30138

Our top goalscorer last season, Martin Braithwaite finally delivered a commanding performance, as his brace sent us on our way to victory. It was another big defensive display from the lads and we eased past another promotion rival.

So at after an unbeaten October, we move 7 points clear at the top of the table! It's almost hard to remember the troubles of last season, as promotion starts to look more and more likely. There is still along way to go and a lot can change but I will be gutted if we don't finish in the top 2 this season.

View attachment 30137
View attachment 30136

I managed to pick up my second Manager of the Month Award of the Season!

View attachment 30133

The board have also agreed to increase the wage budget by £50k p/w. I still don't have a transfer budget but this will give me the ability to sign some overseas players on pre-contracts, should I find anyone.

View attachment 30135

Here's a look at what November has to offer...

View attachment 30134

View attachment 29992

November

1. Key Games

CHAMPIONSHIP:
Middlesbrough 1 - 0 West Brom

View attachment 29991

An early penalty from Harry Wilson was enough to secure a victory over promotion rivals, West Brom. We should have put the game to bed long before the final whistle and had to endure a few nervous moments at the death. West Brom were expected to be challenging for the title this season, but have been struggling around mid-table and this result proved to be the final nail in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's coffin.

CHAMPIONSHIP:
Bristol City 1 - 3 Middlesbrough

View attachment 29990

Before kick-off Bristol City were sitting in 3rd, 10 points behind us in the League. This was therefore a massive result away at Ashton Gate, against a side challenging us for promotion. We may be well ahead at the top of the table but a loss here would have seen the closing back make some serious ground on us. We controlled the game well, but were helped out by receiving 2 rather soft penalties to get us over the line.

2. Standings

Our unbeaten run extends to 12 games as we open up an 8 point gap at the top. It's hard to complain considering our position but am a little frustrated we couldn't find a winner against Luton, who are currently rooted to the foot of the table. Fulham appear to have found some form over the past few weeks after a poor start to the season and are likely to be our main competition at the top. But as we approach the half way stage, we must surely be looking like favourites for the title??

View attachment 29986
View attachment 29987

3. Awards

Harry Wilson has been immense for us all season and wasn't surprised to see him finally being awarded with a Player of the Month Award. He has been our best player this season without a shadow of a doubt and probably the main reason behind our success this season, scoring 7 and assisting 7.

View attachment 29985

On a personal note, I've made a huge step forward in my own development as a manager, securing my Continental A license. As I begin to build a name for myself on the pitch it is equally important to build a name off the pitch and behind closed doors.

Middlesbrough have also agreed to fund my final coaching qualification certification, the Continental Pro License. After I've got that it will all come down to my results on the pitch.

View attachment 29984
View attachment 29983

4. December

Sheffield Wednesday and Brentford are looking set to be our most challenging fixtures. Both are currently sat in the playoff places and will be desperate to close the gap on us at the top.

Emile Heskey: Middlesbrough manager signs new contract to 2022

View attachment 29824

2nd December 2019

Middlesbrough manager Emile Heskey has signed a contract extension until 2022. The 41-year-old's previous deal at the Riverside was due to expire at the end of the season.

Heskey said he was "delighted" that Boro "feel and trust that I am the right manager for this great club for the foreseeable future".

Heskey, appointed as Tony Pulis' successor in November 2018, has turned the clubs fortunes around. This time last season Middlesbrough were in the relegation zone and year on are now 8 points clear at the top of the Championship.

The new deal is thought to be in the region of £17,000 p/w, making him the 6th highest paid English manager in the game.

Heskey has started to make quite a name for himself in the managerial world and should he maintain his impressive start to the season, lifting the Championship title then who know what offers could be on the table.

He currently has an overall win percentage of 57% from 53 games with Middlesbrough. Not bad for a rookie manager.

View attachment 29821

View attachment 29710

December

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 5 - 1 Hull

View attachment 29708

We put Hull to the sword following an early dismissal for Reece Burke. Despite missing the resulting penalty, we made our man advantage count, using the space to put 5 first half goals past the Hull keeper. Unfortunately we failed to keep the intensity up in the second half and went into cruise control. Still, a 5-1 victory is hard to complain about!

CHAMPIONSHIP
Brentford 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 29707

Unfortunately we failed to deliver the perfect Christmas Present for the Middlesbrough faithful, losing 2-0 away at Brentford in our Boxing Day fixture. It was a pretty even contest and at times we looked the better side, but Brentford converted there chances and we didn't. Simple as that really. Despite the loss, this is only our 2nd defeat of the season so I don't think the fans will be too upset when they take a look at the table.

December proved to be another decent month for us, winning 4 games out of 5. As other sides fail to keep pace with us, we have now opened up a 14 point gap at the top of the table as we enter the New Year. I'm still struggling to comprehend how well we are doing this season and just need to ensure the lads stay grounded and finish the season the same way we started. Anything other than lifting that trophy at the end of the season will now be considered a loss!

View attachment 29706
View attachment 29709

That loss to Brentford meant that I had to settle for 2nd place in the Manager of the Month Award.

View attachment 29705

Some exciting news around the club as I manage to persuade the board to invest more money into our junior coaching and recruitment. I love seeing young talent come through the academy so am very excited to see what our new prospects will look like come February.

View attachment 29704
View attachment 29703

Some tough fixtures to come in January. We start our FA Cup campaign against Brighton and also have 2 local derby's against Newcastle and Sunderland. New Years Day should be a real biggy!

View attachment 29702

View attachment 28953
January

CHAMPIONSHIP
Newcastle 2 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 28952

The second Tyne-Tees derby of the season proved to be a much more competitive game, with the spoils being shared. We took the lead twice in the game but were unfortunately pegged back on each occasion. I think the lads got a little too fired up and we were perhaps lucky to keep 11 players on the pitch! However, bragging rights will remain firmly on our side.

FA CUP 4th ROUND
Watford 0 - 3 Middlesbrough

View attachment 28951

A quite extraordinary result against a well established Premier League side! Watford were heavy favourites coming into the game, especially with the home advantage. So to win the game 3-0 is a massive achievement. Good signs for next season in the Premier League (barring disaster).

We have been drawn against our 3rd consecutive Premier League side and will have to travel to Goodison Park for the 5th Round. Lets hope for another upset!

View attachment 28949

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 5 - 1 Sunderland

View attachment 28950

Martin Braithwaite's hat-trick helped us secure a thumping victory over Sunderland in the Tees-Wear Derby. I went for a direct 4-4-2 formation and to my delight we created countless chances against a terrorised defence. Sunderland have been struggling all season so was always anticipating a victory, but derby's can always produce unpredictable results.

Standings

January was a very busy month both on the pitch and off it as we had to contend with 7 fixtures as well as the opening of the transfer window. Unfortunately we let ourselves down against Forest and really failed to turn up. Other than that it is difficult to find any faults in a very good month. 14 points clear at the top of the table and into the 5th round of the FA Cup. Not to shabby.

View attachment 28943
View attachment 28944

Transfers

With a very limited budget to work with, it was a rather uneventful transfer window. I brought in Josh Dasilva for a measly £600k. He's a young box-to-box midfielder, that is comfortable at playing Championship level and has potential to become a decent Premier League player in the years to come.

I also sold Rudy Gestede, a player who has failed to impress since my arrival at the club, as well as 3rd string keeper, Connor Ripley for a combined fee of £880k.

View attachment 28940

February Fixtures

February is set to be just as busy as January with 7 more fixtures scheduled...

View attachment 28941

View attachment 28774

February

CHAMPIONSHIP
Fulham 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

View attachment 28773

It was first vs second coming into the game and Fulham's victory closes the gap to just 11 points. Still a very healthy lead don't get me wrong but we are now clear favourites to win the league now and with that comes added pressure. Now we need to bounce back from this unusual defeat!

CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough 3 - 0 Leeds

View attachment 28772

Bounce back we did! Leeds are another side in the chasing pack and we tore them apart with some clinical finishing. Benkovic continues to impress me at the back and is a huge asset from set pieces. Definitely a player I'll be looking to sign permanently at the end of the season if possible.

FA CUP 5th ROUND
Everton 5 - 2 Middlesbrough

View attachment 28771

Despite the rather unflattering scoreline, we gave Everton a real challenge in the FA Cup. We conceded an 89th minute penalty to make the scoreline 3-2, then as we threw everyone forward in a desperate attempt to equalise conceded 2 more goals. We really are looking like a side well suited to the Premier League!

Standings

A hectic month resulted in a mixed bag of results. We crashed out of the FA Cup with our heads held high, having previously defeated 2 premier league sides. We didn't perform that well in the League but maintain a very cushty 13 point gap at the top of the table. With just 11 games to go, surely the Championship Title is in the bag!

View attachment 28770
View attachment 28769

Awards

Our young, home grown winger, Marcus Tavernier bags the Young Player of the Month Award for February. He is quickly becoming a star in this part of the country and believe he already has the ability to cause problems at Premier League level. Hopefully we will get to see that next season!

View attachment 28767

New Recruits

Our new crop of youngsters have joined the academy this month. We have a fantastic youth recruitment network set up, with excellent coaching and can hopefully bring through a few big names for the future. Marc Williams is the player to immediately catch the eye with 4.5 star potential, so look forward to seeing his development.

View attachment 28768

March

Finally a quieter month! With just the 4 games to play the lads not on International duty can finally get some much needed rest. I have a fairly small squad and rely heavily on the same players week in week out and wear and tear is beginning to show in some of the lads conditioning.

View attachment 28766