England 23 Man Squad Announced

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
England's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Forwards
: Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe that the second top english goalscorer in the prem is not going to the WC and Emile Heskey is. He's so ****!

not suprised by bent to be honest

Baines has been confrimed not going

so thats baines and bent not going now.
i don't think huddlestone going.
ADAM JOHNSON is goign to be the suprise person going!

Heskey might not score goals but he does more for the team...lampard,gerrard and rooney score more when he is in the team
bent just goes for himself!

Baines has been confrimed not going

so thats baines and bent not going now.
i don't think huddlestone going.
ADAM JOHNSON is goign to be the suprise person going!

Sauce?

Darren Bent is the only person announced not going

i can see why he would take heskey over bent because we play much better when heskey is in the team however i cant understand why he would take defoe over bent.

Haven't heard anything about Baines..

to be fair, heskey links well with rooney and bent doesn't. it pains me to say it but its true...:'(

Naa defoe is a better proven goal scorer at national level

bent good at club level not at national level...and hesky is the right player to go!

and my sources right now are Bbc,Sky Sports News and The Sun website

baines came from the sun and bent came from sky sports.!

This is so typical of the way England does things by making it so dramatic. Just release the squad for ***** sake and be proffesional about it instead of doing it a player at a time.

No, i haven't heard anything about Baines. I'm watching Sky Sports News now :) I agree that it is a shame that Bent isn't going and Heskey is but Bent doesn't really do it for England unfortunately.

This is so typical of the way England does things by making it so dramatic. Just release the squad for ***** sake and be proffesional about it instead of doing it a player at a time.
he.s ringing each of them one by one hence the player at a time

No he is going to annouce the suqad one at a time

but he just released statements to get england fans a bit happy and somethign to talk about.

i don't think hes going to announce the other 5 at a seperate time

AND STOP HATING ON HESKEY HE IS THE RIGHT MAN TO TAKE!

Can I just state that nothing is confirmed yet..
It's Sky Sources, Bent might still go, just looks very unlikely now!

Na bent is confirmed they said

and baines is not going because he is suffering from home sickness...
shows he not ready for the national level..warnock must be delighted!