England 23 Man Squad Announced

Im very glad for SWP, seriously hes one of the most under rated players out there, hes quick, good crosser, and dedicated to win the ball

Yes Heskey gets the best out of Rooney, but everyone knows this so what if teams mark Heskay out the game?? Rooney doesnt play well tactic ******.

Also I would rather have a player that can score in his own right rather than passing th responsibility to another player. How many people in this forum hand on heart would put their house on Heskey scoring one on one pressure situation in the World Cup??????
marking heskey out doenst mark rooney out. for one rooney doesnt play alongside heskey he plays off him in that hole where its very difficult to mark him without leaving space for intelligent players like joe cole to attack.

and again rooney plays best with a big man or alone, this isnt just opinion that has been proved time and gain with england with a big man, and with united as a lone striker. hence heskey/crouch. bent was up against defoe in essence, there was really only one winner in that case.

I totally agree with this squad...capello's got this absolutely right

although i stillstuck over the dawson upson situation..was a hard choice!

but if hargreaves and beckham was fit they should of gone...but c'mon ENGLAND!!!!
BRING THE WORLD CUP HOME!!!!!!

Im very glad for SWP, seriously hes one of the most under rated players out there, hes quick, good crosser, and dedicated to win the ball
He dosen't do it for 90 minutes though, I would have prefered to see Ashley Young in instead of him. Walcott's not in though. YESSSS

Yes Heskey gets the best out of Rooney, but everyone knows this so what if teams mark Heskay out the game?? Rooney doesnt play well tactic ******.

Also I would rather have a player that can score in his own right rather than passing th responsibility to another player. How many people in this forum hand on heart would put their house on Heskey scoring one on one pressure situation in the World Cup??????
Isn't heskey getting marked the whole point. He occupies the centre backs and holds up the ball so rooney can drop slightly off and do his stuff. I'm not tactical genius but i thought that was the whole point of it.:S

any smart centreback wouldn't bother marking Heskey. just drop deeper and wait for the flick on.

any smart centreback wouldn't bother marking Heskey. just drop deeper and wait for the flick on.
you'd think so, but ive been suprised by the number of defenders who get sucked in to win the first ball rather than waiting for the second ball like you say. still im not complaining, only helps us

Heskey is a very hard person to defend because u wouldn't think it but he has got quite a bit of pace and a lot of power...which is a mixture of crouch and defoe and he offers a lot more to gerrard,lampard and Rooney's hopes of scoring just so he don't...he;s a team player...but Defoe and bent will be a solo player...crouch is similar to heskey but heskey has pace.

i think with this squad we have one of the best chances now to win!

They can try and mark Heskey out if they want, but he'll out-muscle them lol, and if they try and double up on him, then theres less people marking Rooney :D ^^)

In the international media, the biggest shock is Theo Walcott missing the World Cup. But then again, Capello is a tactical genius and a Winner. So you have to trust him on that.
I remember Bilardo in Argentina 86, when he dropped Passarela in the final days. He had been Argentina´s captain for a long time, was also very influencial in Argentina classification to the WC, and a top defender who was playing in Internazionale, when in those times, there were many regulations regarding foreign players in a squad. And after that, everyone knows.

So I guess, Capello must have a decent reason for his choice.

looks like dawsons going to get his shoot as rio`s out now, atleast gerrards going to be england captain probley the better choice for me anyway don`t think rio was ever fit engough in the first place.
for me gerrards a born leader with passion so lets hope he installs that in the rest of the squad.

looks like dawsons going to get his shoot as rio`s out now, atleast gerrards going to be england captain probley the better choice for me anyway don`t think rio was ever fit engough in the first place.
for me gerrards a born leader with passion so lets hope he installs that in the rest of the squad.

I wouldn't even call that 'his shot' as it has become abundantly clear that he is after King and even Upson in Capello's plans.

To be honest, they'd be better off calling up one of the midfielders now - they have enough cover at centre half with Upson and Carragher behind Terry and King. I'd call up Darren Bent, personally.

This is a major blow. Rio always comes up with the goods at the big tournaments - England's defence without him looks weak and given Terry's poor form, for the taking. I can only hope that King can play in every match - in fact, now that Ferdinand is out, is Capello's best defensive pairing King and Dawson? Or does he stick with Terry? Could make things interesting.

meh , he might get his chance king wont be able to play every match n upson might could get a knock who nose.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

To be honest, they'd be better off calling up one of the midfielders now - they have enough cover at centre half with Upson and Carragher behind Terry and King. I'd call up Darren Bent, personally.

This is a major blow. Rio always comes up with the goods at the big tournaments - England's defence without him looks weak and given Terry's poor form, for the taking. I can only hope that King can play in every match - in fact, now that Ferdinand is out, is Capello's best defensive pairing King and Dawson? Or does he stick with Terry? Could make things interesting.

i think both rio and terrys form has been pants, so yeah king and dawson might be a good idea, i didn`t like the idea of dawson as hes not got that international exprence but as u say he is used to pairing with king.