England 23 Man Squad Announced

Sorry, Joe Cole overrated? Please check what sort of a player he was before getting injured for both Chelsea and England. 10X better than SWP.

Yes, as you say BEFORE being injured. Personally I wouldnt have taken Cole and doubt I would have taken SWP as neither play that much. And I aslo feel the need a left footer to play left wing and dont say Barry as he will play cental which is why I would pick Adam Johnson.

All I can say is I hope Capello does well because I would love to be proven wrong and for England to go on and have a great World Cup. Just cant see it happening.

i completely agree, i really hope come july we're talking about what a great bloke capello is and how much of a tactical mastermind he is.

if you cant beat them, join them

C'mon England!

But Young plays regularly for Villa where as SWP has hardly played for City this season. And Agbonlahor gets in the Villa team ahead of Heskey.

All I can say is I hope Capello does well because I would love to be proven wrong and for England to go on and have a great World Cup. Just cant see it happening.
wright phillips played 38 games for city, 26 starts 12 from the bench

But Young plays regularly for Villa where as SWP has hardly played for City this season. And Agbonlahor gets in the Villa team ahead of Heskey.

Ashley Young is an absoloutley class player, everytime I've been at Villa Park Young and Milner have been our stand out players yet it's only Milner getting talked about, it's a mistake Young not getting more time in friendlies etc as he's better than SWP but oh well, Lennon is a very good player also.

Yes, as you say BEFORE being injured. Personally I wouldnt have taken Cole and doubt I would have taken SWP as neither play that much. And I aslo feel the need a left footer to play left wing and dont say Barry as he will play cental which is why I would pick Adam Johnson.
ashley cole plays much better with a left wing player who moves inside, as he likes to get right to the oppostion. an out and out left winger would occupy the space he attacks

it's clear Ashley Young has done something to put off Capello, apparently he was caught posting videos online of himself wanking... i wouldn't be impressed if I was Fabio.

Ashley Young didn't have the best of seasons from what I can tell, didn't make a massive impact. Gerrard will probably play on the left, cutting inside so A.Cole can get forward. Barry and Lampard in the centre, Lennon on the right playing a more traditional winger role and Heskey and Rooney up top. Hart I think should start but probably won't, Glen johnson at right back and Rio and Terry at centre back. Simples :)

it's clear Ashley Young has done something to put off Capello, apparently he was caught posting videos online of himself wanking... i wouldn't be impressed if I was Fabio.

LOL. Same seems to go for Paul Robinson who surely did better than David James and Robert Green? Dont get why hes not there ahead of one of those two. :(

omg i`ve just thought crouch is now my fav england player! and he`s a spud!:( not good.:'(

Ashley Young didn't have the best of seasons from what I can tell, didn't make a massive impact. Gerrard will probably play on the left, cutting inside so A.Cole can get forward. Barry and Lampard in the centre, Lennon on the right playing a more traditional winger role and Heskey and Rooney up top. Hart I think should start but probably won't, Glen johnson at right back and Rio and Terry at centre back. Simples :)
i dont think barry will be fit for the first game, also i dont think is goo for england, or gerrard to have gerrard down the left. it should be central or nothing really, especially if you want to get the best out of him

Hahahahaaaa if he did that then fair enough I'd leave him out.

Hahahahaaaa if he did that then fair enough I'd leave him out.

I remember reading about that at the time, apparently he did it after typing on the computer without even washing his hands first.

:O

i dont think barry will be fit for the first game, also i dont think is goo for england, or gerrard to have gerrard down the left. it should be central or nothing really, especially if you want to get the best out of him

100% agreed, either play gerrard in the middle or not at all. But it looks like we'll be playing 2 strikers with the inclusion of Heskey - possibly 4 in the midfield, and its proven that Lampard and Gerrard don't work well together. He'll get wasted on the left as usual.

i hate it that capello just let carragher walk back into the team for the world cup before he retires again

i hate it that capello just let carragher walk back into the team for the world cup before he retires again
to be fair to carragher, he spoke to capello about whether he was taking someones place, and he spoke to gerrard about as well. richards hasnt quite done it, though he definitely one for the future, and brown isnt better than carragher

tbh i dont think heskey will be in the starting 11 i think it will be either wayne rooney with joe cole behind him or defoe n rooney

im scottish and to be honest capello has picked the wrong players for eg : SWP and Joe Cole shouldnt be picked for wide men ? Ashley Young or Theo walcott or Adam Johnson and for CF : Heskey ? 3goals and Darren Bent 24 comon :D Bent,Gabby Abonlghar and Ryan Shawcross instead of Matt Upson or is Shawcross only good in Fm :D:D:D