England 23 Man Squad Announced

Upson over Dawson is ridiculous. I'm not surprised about the rest of the decisions, unfortunate for Walcott that he didn't make it but there is always World Cup 2014 :)

Well, thats the squad done! Capello's a better manager than us so let's just cheer on our country!

cappello is takin heskey havin laff no chance of world cup. and carrick is goin goin instead of huddlestone What A Joke

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

im scottish and to be honest capello has picked the wrong players for eg : SWP and Joe Cole shouldnt be picked for wide men ? Ashley Young or Theo walcott or Adam Johnson and for CF : Heskey ? 3goals and Darren Bent 24 comon :D Bent,Gabby Abonlghar and Ryan Shawcross instead of Matt Upson or is Shawcross only good in Fm :D:D:D

No mate shawcross best young central defender in the world

cappello is takin heskey havin laff no chance of world cup. and carrick is goin goin instead of huddlestone What A Joke

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

No mate shawcross best young central defender in the world
capello said he would mould the team round rooney. rooney plays better with a big man, or as a lone striker. hence crouch and heskey. defoe provides back up to rooney as capello likes a big man small man combo upfront. simples. not sure how heskey ends our chances of winning the world cup....

i agree with the players he has left out, well done fabio. i cant belive the media are reacting this way about it, surely it was on the wall that walcott is just not good enough. heskey goes because he trusts heskey and he knows he will get 100% out of him. i cant see any fault at all with the side and i would challenge anyone who thinks different.

walcott is to injury prone and can only run fast Cappelo made the right choice milner SWP and Lennon are far better than him

i agree with the players he has left out, well done fabio. i cant belive the media are reacting this way about it, surely it was on the wall that walcott is just not good enough. heskey goes because he trusts heskey and he knows he will get 100% out of him. i cant see any fault at all with the side and i would challenge anyone who thinks different.

thers a couple i dont quite agree with such as carrick and upson. but by and large the media are idiots. walcott has done very little since the hattick, its not a big suprise to anyone who has actually been watching football this season. he is pure pace, if he learns to add to that, he could be an outstanding player, but until then pure pace isnt enough when you play the better sides, spain holland, brazil etc team swith quality fullbacks. i mean alan shearer wanted to go with only barry as the one holding mid in the entire 23

thers a couple i dont quite agree with such as carrick and upson. but by and large the media are idiots. walcott has done very little since the hattick, its not a big suprise to anyone who has actually been watching football this season. he is pure pace, if he learns to add to that, he could be an outstanding player, but until then pure pace isnt enough when you play the better sides, spain holland, brazil etc team swith quality fullbacks. i mean alan shearer wanted to go with only barry as the one holding mid in the entire 23

the only reason he would take upson and carrick is because of their expirence and it means alot in these tournements. i agrer both havent been that brilliant this season but in all honesty if their was an injury i would rather see these names on the bench than huddlestone/parker or dawson.

with this squad i can see what tactic capello will use.....

from 4-4-2, his tactic will be switch to 4-3-3 in game.....
for foward, crouch/heskey will go to center, rooney to left and lennon/SWP will go to right
for midfield, gerrard left, lampard center, j cole right....
if capello use this player i guess....

the only reason he would take upson and carrick is because of their expirence and it means alot in these tournements. i agrer both havent been that brilliant this season but in all honesty if their was an injury i would rather see these names on the bench than huddlestone/parker or dawson.
i agree thats what counted against them. carrick in particular can count himself lucky. he could find himself in real trouble at united and england next season if he doesnt improve, can see a resurgent hargreaves taking his place

To all of you Heskey bashers, can I refer you to something.

Rooneys England goalscoring record in the last 10 with Heskey in the side:
9 Goals.

Rooneys England goalscoring record in the last 10 without Heskey in the side:
2 Goals.

Now will you all stop ******* moaning about Heskey!!

9 Goals.

2 Goals.

thanks for proving my point that we should take him mate.

9 Goals.

2 Goals.

Ahhhhh....Thats what Iv'e been saying on this thread allll day lol :wub:

So the consensus seems to be Heskey is being taken with to get the best out of Rooney? What if Rooney gets injured. What will be Heskey's role since he can't score goals to save his own life. It's not always good to mould a team around one player..

I'm not English so I'm not particularly concerned with how England will perform in S.A. (although I would like Rooney to win the golden boot and have a shot at the ballon d'or), but if Capello wins it with this squad, I will literally worship him. :) Good luck you lot!

So the consensus seems to be Heskey is being taken with to get the best out of Rooney? What if Rooney gets injured. What will be Heskey's role since he can't score goals to save his own life. It's not always good to mould a team around one player..

I'm not English so I'm not particularly concerned with how England will perform in S.A. (although I would like Rooney to win the golden boot and have a shot at the ballon d'or), but if Capello wins it with this squad, I will literally worship him. :) Good luck you lot!

Rooney won't get injured.

Ahhhhh....Thats what Iv'e been saying on this thread allll day lol :wub:
lol yeah, but unfortunately you were drowned out by the masses.

Yes Heskey gets the best out of Rooney, but everyone knows this so what if teams mark Heskay out the game?? Rooney doesnt play well tactic ******.

Also I would rather have a player that can score in his own right rather than passing th responsibility to another player. How many people in this forum hand on heart would put their house on Heskey scoring one on one pressure situation in the World Cup??????