England not ready yet!

Cappello is very rigid. He does not like players to have feedom, even gifted ones. Why do you think Joe Cole hasn't kicked a ball yet? Because Cole likes to play with freedom.

This is why Real Madrid sacked him.

Still, he should change it, This is why England will sack him in 5 days if he doesnt sort his act out

I said in the other thread that if Capello persisted with 4-4-2 and Heskey up front then England would fail and you all laughed at me, I was right, you lot were wrong. Heskey will not win you a world cup, he is big lump which gives the other players an excuse to boot long balls and hope that his flick ons land at a team mate, it is football from the stone age. Beckenbauer was correct, England are playing kick and rush football. Everyone knows that England should be playing 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard behind Rooney and Joe Cole on the left, so why can't Capello see it? Heskey has not scored a goal for anyone since November last year, I mean seriously, what is he doing at the World Cup???

Also there is a debate to be had about Rooney, he is proving in this World Cup that he is not a world class player. If you analyse the goals he scored last season the majority were tap ins or penalties, he has been over-hyped by the deluded english media. Drogba scored more league goals then Rooney last season despite not being Chelsea's penalty taker and being away at the African Nations for a month, so the question is why was Rooney given the player of the year award, bias towards english players is the only obvious answer. Messi and Ronaldo can create goals for themselves where-as Rooney relies on other players to give him tap ins on a platter. Also, Rooney does not look fit to me but then he never does, he looks like he could do with a personal trainer to help him lose a few pounds, he would be a better player for it. Also, if Wayne does not like the pressure then he should not go on ridiculous Nike movies in the World Cup build up that hype him and put him on the same pedestal as Messi, Ronaldo etc.

Still, he should change it, This is why England will sack him in 5 days if he doesnt sort his act out
Well i know that, you know that, all of world football know it, trouble is Cappello is is the worlds most stubborn man. We knew this though when we appointed him.

I said in the other thread that if Capello persisted with 4-4-2 and Heskey up front then England would fail and you all laughed at me, I was right, you lot were wrong.

If heskey scores the winner in the WC final, just if, You better run and never come back, cause you will be in for ***** loads of abuse after that.

I said in the other thread that if Capello persisted with 4-4-2 and Heskey up front then England would fail and you all laughed at me, I was right, you lot were wrong.

You lot were wrong? which lot? because i can assure you im no Heskey fan and never have been. In fact the one good thing to come out of last nights game is we can now put to bed this myth that Rooney only plays well for England if Heskey plays up front with him. Both were total wank. In fact thats the worst ive ever seen Rooney play.

If heskey scores the winner in the WC final, just if, You better run and never come back, cause you will be in for ***** loads of abuse after that.

If Heskey scores the winner in the World Cup Final I will strip naked and run through London City centre.

Why is every thread other then this closed when England flop ?

Heskey scoring? What a bizarre concept! XD

I think it's pretty depressing that we need to play Rooney upfront on his own to play well.

Can't wait till Wednesday!

You lot were wrong? which lot? because i can assure you im no Heskey fan and never have been. In fact the one good thing to come out of last nights game is we can now put to bed this myth that Rooney only plays well for England if Heskey plays up front with him. Both were total wank. In fact thats the worst ive ever seen Rooney play.
i undestood the reasoning fro heskey, but i dont like. bt i dont like 4-4-2. said this ealier on thread, ubt only heskey and lennon out of last nights side consistently play 4-4-2, so why are we playing it?

I think Heskey will score against Slovenia he has been playing better than usual and we may just see him get a goal weather its with his head or toe he will score at least once this torny and i think it will be next match

because people turned them into ridiculous off topic arguments. nothing off topic about this, england arent ready yet

can we not just lose in the group stages and then look forward to watching good football by the South American teams? Also allows us to look forward to the domestic football starting again! :D

One was closed due to an Off topic arguement about an apparent "racist" comment, which was *****, and the other one was shut cause we had this one open, simle really

One was closed due to an Off topic arguement about an apparent "racist" comment, which was *****, and the other one was shut cause we had this one open, simle really

I don't know what the point is of having a thread section devoted to Englands group if you can't open threads related to England in there but I am not going to argue about it.

I don't know what the point is of having a thread section devoted to Englands group if you can't open threads related to England in there but I am not going to argue about it.

Think you just did ;)

Its because trolls keep turning them into off topic arguments. Stay on topic and they stay open. Simple.

Englands problem to me is clear, possesion.If you dont have the ball you cant score or at least play as a team and gain confidance and belief.We do have exellent players, dont get drawn into the british press mentality of hero one day villian the next.To all the Rooney bashers if your wingers and midfielders cant supply him the ball what really do you expect him to do, hence his dropping almost to the half way line to try to get involved with the play.We now need to play offensive high tempo premiership football, cast away the doubts and fears and if we are destined to go out:'( at least go down like lions not scared rabbits.

Last edited: