England not ready yet!

We cannot change keeper AGAIN, Joe Hart should've been in the starting line up from game 1. Talking of which, did you see that Green made the same mistake in training as vs USA?? Two days before the Algeria game.

Just listening to the radio, with Vernon Kay interviewing John Motson, who brought up a very good point, if seemingly obvious. There is no reason why England players seem confused regarding their instructions/positions, despite them not playing it in their club football, it's very much based on the 4-4-2 formation that Capello has been asking them to play throughout the almost 2 years he has been in charge, and throughout our very successful qualifying campaign. Frank Lampard in particular is an odd one, considering he has been so consistent for Chelsea this past season.

If i was manager this would be my England team and formation for what its worth.

Fullbacks to get forward every chance they get as we have 2 DMs to cover them.

Lampard, Gerrard and Joe Cole all given free roles.

GK. Hart.
RB. Johnson.
LB. A.Cole
CB. Terry
CB. Dawson.
DM. Carrick
DM. Barry
AM. J.Cole
AM. Gerrard
AM. Lampard
ST. Rooney.

Last edited:
England won't be ready until the FA sort out their youth system. When Algeria are technically superior you know there's a lot to do.

England won't be ready until the FA sort out their youth system. When Algeria are technically superior you know there's a lot to do.
And lets be honest we have absolutley nobody coming through of note.

A few promising ones at best.

And lets be honest we have absolutley nobody coming through of note.

A few promising ones at best.
yous have a good few player coming through to be fair, walcott, johnston, shawcross to name a few

Pretty obvious its capello who's the problem. He is an average manager, he as only kept one clean sheet since being in charge of england.. two yesterday being Algeria.. this according to ITV. Also, he's beginning to turn like Sven everyday, favouring certain players, and relying Englands world cup hope on one man. This man is Barry, who in my mind is soooo average, huddlestone and parker are just as good, and were on better form. Fat frank and Gerrard will never play well together, so one of them needs to be dropped for slovenia, and even drop Rooney, who hasn't scored since september for England, and who shows no passion or commitment for his country. Lennon is so off form, same for SWP.. a certain Adam Johnson must be sitting at home having a think.. as capello went against what he first said 'players in form get picked' hmm..

And, Green's mistake could've happened to any keeper, if this happened to Hart, it would've wrecked his international career, so this is why Capello persists with Green and James. Finally, dont even get me started on carragher, if capello begged him to play then just wow at capello. Carragher is two bob, and gets picked for like his worst ever season

Fa offered capello a new contract? what a waste!!

Finally, dont even get me started on carragher, if capello begged him to play then just wow at capello. Carragher is two bob, and gets picked for like his worst ever season

So you're criticising Capello for picking a player who has actually played well at the World Cup?

So you're criticising Capello for picking a player who has actually played well at the World Cup?

No-one Criticised Gareth Barrys selection;)

Carragher was *****, just like most other players. There is such a support from certain fans towards carragher, who has looked out of his depth in 2 games so far.

Hopefully Dawson comes in now against Slovenia, He is better then King, Carragher and Upson.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

If i was manager this would be my England team and formation for what its worth.

Fullbacks to get forward every chance they get as we have 2 DMs to cover them.

Lampard, Gerrard and Joe Cole all given free roles.

GK. Hart.
RB. Johnson.
LB. A.Cole
CB. Terry
CB. Dawson.
DM. Carrick
DM. Barry
AM. J.Cole
AM. Gerrard
AM. Lampard
ST. Rooney.

really like the sound of that, apart from i thought James did Okay tbh. I would keep him in.

I think Dawson would do well, but, I dont think Capello will take a risk with him in the Slovenia game, which is pretty frustrating even though it may be the right choice.

rooney needs to play upfront on his own simple as that. capello dosent seem to be playing the players in their club positions. im a little bit dissapointed with the hatred towards lampard because he was clearly not the only player that has had 2 bad games in fact knowone has even put in a half decent performance so we have to blame the whole team including and proberly more of the blame Capello.

rooney needs to play upfront on his own simple as that. capello dosent seem to be playing the players in their club positions. im a little bit dissapointed with the hatred towards lampard because he was clearly not the only player that has had 2 bad games in fact knowone has even put in a half decent performance so we have to blame the whole team including and proberly more of the blame Capello.

i think most of the un fair treatemnt of lampard, is just from Gerrard Bummers. oops did i say that, Gerrard clearly played ****, but blaming Lampard takes some of the blame of Stevie faces

i think most of the un fair treatemnt of lampard, is just from Gerrard Bummers. oops did i say that, Gerrard clearly played ****, but blaming Lampard takes some of the blame of Stevie faces

like i said yesterday he has to play one of them not both, its clear they dislike each other on and off the field so unprofessional.

The England team on paper are not that good John Terry world class CB Gerrard world class CM/AM Rooney altho ive never liked him and think hes overrated Good striker. Everyone else is average at best but i still expected us to coast through (what in my eyes is the easiest group in the competition) so why not actually go for the win. We shouldnt need 4 defenders against Algeria play 3 upfront we know Lampard and Gerrard cant play together so stop trying and please for the love of god stop relying on Rooney so much for goals the man hasnt scored in his last 7 internationals **** for Man U hes got 1 in the last 2 months of the season hes not imo a goal threat. Jermain Defoe is a goal threat and add Crouchy to them as a target man flicking on balls for them 2. stick with 4 in midfield just not Lampard

Hart
Dawson Terry Carragher
Milner Gerrard Barry Cole/Cole
Rooney Crouch Defoe

we need the win why not go for it
personally i believe Agbonlahor and Young should have been in the squad

like i said yesterday he has to play one of them not both, its clear they dislike each other on and off the field so unprofessional.

Now thats rubbish, He can play both of them, just not in 4-4-2 system, have them both in a CM role, with both attacking, with Barry sitting would work wonders. Imagine the Trio, of Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard, So good on the ball, Goals from anywhere, be awesome,

They can play together, Even Sven Managed that/.

Now thats rubbish, He can play both of them, just not in 4-4-2 system, have them both in a CM role, with both attacking, with Barry sitting would work wonders. Imagine the Trio, of Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard, So good on the ball, Goals from anywhere, be awesome,

They can play together, Even Sven Managed that/.

England play better when its either of them not both of them. its almost like they are in compertition with each other when they play for england just like people pin them up against each other for club. you can tell their is a lack off bonding in that dressing room they are all bigger than each other you can see that. i was blind to see this but its true there are no real partnerships in that team appart from the players that play for the same club. they let their clubs get in the way of their nation just like majority of the fans do. you tell me what other nation puts club before country????

England play better when its either of them not both of them. its almost like they are in compertition with each other when they play for england just like people pin them up against each other for club. you can tell their is a lack off bonding in that dressing room they are all bigger than each other you can see that. i was blind to see this but its true there are no real partnerships in that team appart from the players that play for the same club. they let their clubs get in the way of their nation just like majority of the fans do. you tell me what other nation puts club before country????

well Rooney and Gerrard Normally link up well. and thats Liverpool Versus Utd.

Rio and Terry great Partnership.

Spain until about 2005, there was a massive Real Versus Barca Split in the Dressing Room.

Cappello is very rigid. He does not like players to have feedom, even gifted ones. Why do you think Joe Cole hasn't kicked a ball yet? Because Cole likes to play with freedom.

This is why Real Madrid sacked him.