England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing is, carroll is the perfect forward for an onrushing next 3, but then that requires a deep strong creative 2, and attacking fullbacks

Rooney And Carroll would be a force to reckon with ! imagine that :P

We can't seem to pass a ball any further than 10 yards, **** poor spectacle so far.

Hope they get a boot up the **** during this half time.

I think;

Micah Richards --> Joleon Lescott
Shift Richards to RB and bring Jagielka back into the centre.

Ashley Young --> Gareth Barry
Put James Milner in the middle. His energy is going to be key and he seems to be there most of the time anyway. Ashley Young is in pretty good form and his pace and ability to cross and shoot with either foot should cause the French some problems.
agreed in all fronts. seriously barry is non existent defensively you might as well have milner, at the very least he will close players down all day and has good positioning. honestly the monemt the likes of thudd and reo coker and hopefully hargreaves are fit, i would end barrys career if was capello

agreed in all fronts. seriously barry is non existent defensively you might as well have milner, at the very least he will close players down all day and has good positioning. honestly the monemt the likes of thudd and reo coker and hopefully hargreaves are fit, i would end barrys career if was capello

i agree with all that until i saw the words "reo" and "coker" named in an England thread
if thats what this countries come to we may as well call ourselves Wales...

Milner needs to tuck in a bit more, we are completely outnumbered in midfield, hence why we are feeling the need to hoof it

Caroll a plus point so far

And for God's sake, im sick of booing. Blockheads

Ferdinand Walcott Barry off

Johnson Young Richards on.

He's listening to you Mike!

in fairness we have a shitload of injuries

He just introduces random players when he see's fit though. Fair enough if there is inujuries but he just throws the likes of Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd etc in randomly. Thought we had found a quality goalkeeper in Hart, not sure whether he is injured? Is Wilshere injured aswell, because he should be playing ahead of Henderson.

Foster
Jagielka-Ferdinand-Lescott-Gibbs
Barry
Wilshere-Gerrard
Johnson-------------------Milner
Carroll​

i agree with all that until i saw the words "reo" and "coker" named in an England thread
dont knock reo coker, if you have watched him this season he has been light years ahead of barry. hes not the most creative, but hes a dedicated destroyer, with good short passing

barry is gone

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

He just introduces random players when he see's fit though. Fair enough if there is inujuries but he just throws the likes of Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd etc in randomly. Thought we had found a quality goalkeeper in Hart, not sure whether he is injured? Is Wilshere injured aswell, because he should be playing ahead of Henderson.

Foster
Jagielka-Ferdinand-Lescott-Gibbs
Barry
Wilshere-Gerrard
Johnson-------------------Milner
Carroll​
wilsher and hart are injured. we have about 8 players out

Adam Johnson --> Theo Walcott
Ashley Young --> Gareth Barry
Micah Richards --> Rio Ferdinand

Kind of got my subs, just the wrong CB coming off XD

I'll put your wrongness down to you being a smelly Brum fan. ;)

Young, Richards and Johnson coming on.

England have not got a great deal of possession. France are very good with the ball, with the players rarely standing still. Pass and move, simple, but highly effective.
Carroll has looked very good, that is when England have had the ball. Good touch, strong hold up play, some very good flick ons, and one in particular, which I thought Gerrard should have at least got on target.
Sakho coming on, now we will see the aerial battle.

Ace subs, looks pretty similar to how I asked to set up now, aye Mike!

I'd much rather have Cattermole in the holding role than Barry personally.

Very much like the substitutions...

exactly what i wanted to see from Capello, a positive movement

AND at least he is seeing the things that we are with Jagielka not coping on the right, and Barry just being Gareth Barry

Apparently we're playing the wingers inverted. Well. We'll see how this works...

I hate to sound biased but I thought Carroll has done a decent job when we have actually had possession. His flick ons would be good but no-one seems to be prepared to chase them or hold the ball up. Good half for him!

I'd much rather have Cattermole in the holding role than Barry personally.

Problem is, Cattermole is a hot head, and there is always a risk of him getting booked/sent off. Would much prefer Huddlestone.

Ace subs, looks pretty similar to how I asked to set up now, aye Mike!
only becuase barry was so poor he might as well not be there. i underestimated just how bad he would be today

and france havent played an amc which is in our favour, i expected 4-2-3-1 from them

only becuase barry was so poor he might as well not be there. i underestimated just how bad he would be today

and france havent played an amc which is in our favour, i expected 4-2-3-1 from them

Playing Barry is like having 10 men on the pitch normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back