England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
all i can say is im glad i dont have your friends mate

tell me aboutit mate I only have a couple of mates who know anything about football whereas the others are just biast and no **** all but think they know it all:S

so glad im on a forum with football fans who actually know what they are talking about :D

anyway sorry for being off topic and come on england !!

because so many england fans are incredibly fickle.

if carroll is the lone striker, then our wingers must play as inside forwards, pulling wide only when needed, it pins french fullbacks inside and creates space for the fullbacks

spoken like a true tactician! i very much like your way of thinking mate

its like you read my mind and typed it up <)

but luckily for us as godcubed above stated the game is all ours, when Jay Bothroyd enters the fray against Phillipe Mexes...

we look outclassed... although i agree with trying different players in friendlies, i have never agreed with playing the first team all the time, against France, trying out soo many players oO) it just doesn't make all that much sense to me

Problem is, as Gibbs is currently pinned back inside his own half and Jagielka a centre back, it would give us a chronic lack of width. Agreed on the principle of it, though, we need more players to take advantage of Carroll's hold up skills.

These little triangular give and gos in the last third by the French is giving our defence a huge amount of problems.
see what you mean, but milner playing closer to gerrard and barry means better ball retention (in theory) allowing gibbs to get forward. not much you can do with jags though

EDIT: that little play there is exactly what i mean

Another problem with playing with inside forwards is that with Carroll apparently getting the better of the two France CBs in the air, you want some wide men out delivering it onto his head. Granted, Walcott isn't that great a crosser, but Milner definitely is.

Wow, Carroll stepover skillzzz! :P

Why cant International side's be free flowing football like Arsenal and Manchester United's?:P

Why cant International side's be free flowing football like Arsenal and Manchester United's?:P

Less time playing together, less time to practise and gel. That's the basic reason why. But ****, France seem to be doing it fairly well...

Good tackle Gibbs.

Another problem with playing with inside forwards is that with Carroll apparently getting the better of the two France CBs in the air, you want some wide men out delivering it onto his head. Granted, Walcott isn't that great a crosser, but Milner definitely is.

Wow, Carroll stepover skillzzz! :P
problem is we're not crossing either, we're hitting long balls, but at least on the left you could have gibbs on the free wide ball, or walcott to burn them on the outside

barry is a total pedestrian though. urgh

problem is we're not crossing either, we're hitting long balls, but at least on the left you could have gibbs on the free wide ball, or walcott to burn them on the outside

barry is a total pedestrian though. urgh

Agreed on all points. Seeing Barry trying to deal with Nasri's pace is like watching my gran try to keep up with Usain Bolt.

Carroll best player so far.

Less time playing together, less time to practise and gel. That's the basic reason why. But ****, France seem to be doing it fairly well...

Good tackle Gibbs.

Not to mention it's usually different players every time the squad gets together..

How sickening is that. England boo'd off at half time. 1-0 France.

Not to mention it's usually different players every time the squad gets together..

How sickening is that. England boo'd off at half time. 1-0 France.

Even as short a time ago as 2004, we never booed players. For shame, England "fans".

What amazes me is you watch our central midfield battling well, Milner is everywhere and really should be playing in the middle!, Henderson is doing alright and Gareth Barry not to be over critical but he looks like he's playing FIFA with major lag from slow broadband!! Something happens, then he reacts, anticipation just isn't there!

Although the majority of them i rate as individuals, i think as you all have previously mentioned, which Im not going to repeat is very true, and their just not set up correctly

The French seem to have our formation telegraphed. Its very closely comparable to a cup tie

Lol at the abuse to gareth barry. Hes so **** and hes not even good enough for us anymore. He must turn on italians to keep his place

Dunno what he's doing playing Henderson as DM, not utilising him properly. As for Barry, well why?

Nasri is looking pwnage.

The French seem to have our formation telegraphed. Its very closely comparable to a cup tie

Good call. It's like watching a Prem side vs a small team who play a big lump up front.

Lol at the abuse to gareth barry. Hes so **** and hes not even good enough for us anymore. He must turn on italians to keep his place

Barry's only the third best player in his position at his own club. I mean he's better than Vieira, but De Jong and Toure are a different class. In fact, I'd take Kompany at DM in front of him...

Why are people booing?

At the end of the day. It is a friendly!

England boo'ed off, in a friendly, fans are woeful, mexican ******* wave?! Capello needs to get a consistent squad together, it's like he just throws 20-odd players together and hopes for the best. I'd change to a 4-3-3, dropping Gerrard deeper, with the wingers cutting inside. We're far too slow with the ball and there is hardly any movement.

Also, I reckon I am a better footballer than Gareth Barry...

England boo'ed off, in a friendly, fans are woeful, mexican ******* wave?! Capello needs to get a consistent squad together, it's like he just throws 20-odd players together and hopes for the best. I'd change to a 4-3-3, dropping Gerrard deeper, with the wingers cutting inside. We're far too slow with the ball and there is hardly any movement.

Also, I reckon I am a better footballer than Gareth Barry...
in fairness we have a shitload of injuries

I think;

Micah Richards --> Joleon Lescott
Shift Richards to RB and bring Jagielka back into the centre.

Ashley Young --> Gareth Barry
Put James Milner in the middle. His energy is going to be key and he seems to be there most of the time anyway. Ashley Young is in pretty good form and his pace and ability to cross and shoot with either foot should cause the French some problems.

Foster
Jags lescott rio gibbs
henderson barry
gerrard
walcott caroll milner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back