England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
this was a game for cole. gibbs needs to double with milner on gourcuff, because the french fullbacks are wingbacks essentially particularly sagna, henderson must work hard on nasri too

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I would like it if we could keep the ball for longer than 5 seconds,

just because Carroll is a beast aerially doesn't mean we have to launch everything oO)
totally agreed,hes good with the ball at his feet, lets mix it up, only go aerially if needed

What a goal by France. Karim Benzema - England 0-1 France.

Fergie, sign him up.

Having just watched that I cant belive he was allowed to score the goal

1-0! France take the lead through crappy Madrid striker Karim Benzema.. Dare I pull out an unwanted stat from optajoe?

It looked like a good goal, but poor defending, how can you let them practically walk through to 8 yards from goal? Shocking!

Although i very much like Jagielka, i think Capello has been naive if he thinks he can cope with Malouda pace wise, its a miss-match

It looked like a good goal, but poor defending, how can you let them practically walk through to 8 yards from goal? Shocking!

Although i very much like Jagielka, i think Capello has been naive if he thinks he can cope with Malouda pace wise, its a miss-match
especially as he will have little help from walcott

1-0! France take the lead through crappy Madrid striker Karim Benzema.. Dare I pull out an unwanted stat from optajoe?

You mean like:

100% - France have always won when Karim Benzema has scored: 9 games, 9 wins. Joker.

You mean like:

100% - France have always won when Karim Benzema has scored: 9 games, 9 wins. Joker.

Or:

12 - England have won none of their last 12 matches (excluding shootouts) at Wembley against the seven other World Cup winners. Bullied.

I think we should have paired Kevin Davies up with Andy Carrol and really give the long ball a go oO)

I think we should have paired Kevin Davies up with Andy Carrol and really give the long ball a go oO)

****, why not play Davies and Carroll with Bothroyd as a deep-lying attacker?

It is ridiculous how many hoofs upfield we're playing.

Andy Carroll looks like he's trying too hard. Giving the ball away a lot. Henderson is also trying to be too physical. He needs to learn that the European players will fall over at the slightest touch unlike in the EPL.

France are walking all over England.

Why play Jags RB, when you've got Richards simple. He's clearly a CB, pacey but can't just pit him at RB when he's played CB for the last 3 seasons.

already had loads of people on my friends on fb posting statuses like " Englands youngsters are ****" and " Carroll is a **** striker" and the worst of all " England need our world cup team back" :S

already had loads of people on my friends on fb posting statuses like " Englands youngsters are ****" and " Carroll is a **** striker" and the worst of all " England need our world cup team back" :S

all i can say is im glad i dont have your friends mate

because so many england fans are incredibly fickle.

if carroll is the lone striker, then our wingers must play as inside forwards, pulling wide only when needed, it pins french fullbacks inside and creates space for the fullbacks

because so many england fans are incredibly fickle.

if carroll is the lone striker, then our wingers must play as inside forwards, pulling wide only when needed, it pins french fullbacks inside and creates space for the fullbacks

Problem is, as Gibbs is currently pinned back inside his own half and Jagielka a centre back, it would give us a chronic lack of width. Agreed on the principle of it, though, we need more players to take advantage of Carroll's hold up skills.

These little triangular give and gos in the last third by the French is giving our defence a huge amount of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back