England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, it's only other people who let personal judgements cloud their views, and of course they can't be right..

Surely your personal opinion of Terry as a legend and a Chelsea player clouds your judgement just as much as Godcubed or Mike's is?

Especially the latter bit, presumably you think Godcubed thinks Young should be in the squad because he's a Villa player? Likewise with you perhaps?

Not at all, Young is excellent for Villa but has never turned up for England, Terry has been excellent for Chelsea and has argualbly never put a foot wrong for England. If i had my Chelsea head on while England were playing surely i would say Lamps deserves to be in the squad but i don't. I unlike many either on here or in the country actually put country before club hence why i have 3lions on my leg as my only tattoo.

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

no we woudn't i'm happy with who we have

Well to be fair you would be, The only decent all round centre half you really have is Vermaelen and he seems to be spending most of his time on the treatment table lately like most of your other big names.

Well to be fair you would be, The only decent all round centre half you really have is Vermaelen and he seems to be spending most of his time on the treatment table lately like most of your other big names.

Now, I am mu'****** sure I was on an 'England side' thread, why the **** you talking about Vermaelen.

(say that in a Samuel L Jackson voice, so win)

Anyway, yeah, talk about Engurlund innit.

Now, I am mu'****** sure I was on an 'England side' thread, why the **** you talking about Vermaelen.

(say that in a Samuel L Jackson voice, so win)

Anyway, yeah, talk about Engurlund innit.

My bad, got reeled in.

see people slating theo and gibbs
any arsenal player coming into the england team will struggle...
it's a completely different world to them the type of football fabio has them playing

To be fair. Theo was quiet, and didn't do much other than run around like a headless chicken waiting for a ball behind the defence which never came.

Gibbs was far too isolated. The LW didn't get back at all, and it didn't help that Gareth Barry has the physical capacity of Phil Jupitus on crack. When he got forward he did well, but the first time he managed to get into a good forward position, they scored.

To be fair. Theo was quiet, and didn't do much other than run around like a headless chicken waiting for a ball behind the defence which never came.

Gibbs was far too isolated. The LW didn't get back at all, and it didn't help that Gareth Barry has the physical capacity of Phil Jupitus on crack. When he got forward he did well, but the first time he managed to get into a good forward position, they scored.

I didn't even realise Theo did any running to be honest.

We need some wingers that can cross. Downing on the left, Milner on the right. Make them either send in an early cross, or push to the byline and send in a cross. Players can't do that if they have to ******* cut in every time.

Not at all, Young is excellent for Villa but has never turned up for England, Terry has been excellent for Chelsea and has argualbly never put a foot wrong for England. If i had my Chelsea head on while England were playing surely i would say Lamps deserves to be in the squad but i don't. I unlike many either on here or in the country actually put country before club hence why i have 3lions on my leg as my only tattoo.

Well Lamps is on the treatment table too, so that might be a little hard.

I didn't even realise Theo did any running to be honest.

We need some wingers that can cross. Downing on the left, Milner on the right. Make them either send in an early cross, or push to the byline and send in a cross. Players can't do that if they have to ******* cut in every time.

Haha I'm not sure he touched the ball more than twice to be honest (if that much :/)

Milner set up Defoe's goal vs Slovenia from the right, and yet Capello still decides he's better on the left :S

Terry is too slow to play in a high defensive line. No doubt he is a great defender but he wouldn't help England in any way. This would be my ideal England line-up without any injuries:

Hart
Richards-Jagielka-Ferdinand-A.Cole
Huddlestone
Gerrard-Milner
A.Johnson-Carrol-Rooney​

Poor performance and even worse Gerrard got injured trying to carry the team and put the French players under pressure for once. Fed up of watching England with the ****** long balls when we have quality creative players who are good on the ball...

Good performance by Carroll though except from a few dodgey stray passes that put people under pressure and Crouchs goal was top class.

Personally, if I was England manager, I would play this:

Hart
Richards - Terry - Ferdinand - Cole
Huddletank - Gerrard
Milner ---------------------- Downing
Rooney - Carroll

lol. Well at least we're not quite that desperate yet

Depressing performance from us again tonight. To be fair France were on a different level and looked like they have turned the corner now. Also we had some first team players out, but ultimately even our 'B' team should have been a bit more competative. We didnt keep the ball well enough and we were tactically outsmarted.

Even days before the game I was chatting with people on here about the need for our wingers to be defensively aware. Sagna went absolutely free tonight, which is part of the reason Gibbs looked out of his depth. (Also he has barely played any football recently) Surprising really as Milner usually knows his defensive responsibilities.

I was pleased to see the introduction of inside wingers but our full backs were pinned back and struggled to get forward (highlights how important Cole is) and our wingers were basially just running into cul-de-sacs.

All in all, the system is worth sticking with in my opinion. Given our first choice full backs and a proper holding midfielder (Thudd, Reo coker, Hargreaves if he is ever fit again etc), I could see it being our long term system

Nasri :wub:

Anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

This is what I would play if i cared.

hart
richards cahill rio cole
catters wilshere
theo stevie g johnson
rooney

hart
richards cahill rio cole
catters wilshere
theo stevie g johnson
rooney

You can tell that you didn't watch the game tonight if you still want to keep Walcott in the team.<)

Nasri :wub:

Anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

hart
richards cahill rio cole
catters wilshere
theo stevie g johnson
rooney

Cattermole ahead of Huddlestone?

I think your letting your hatred of Spurs affect your decision lol.

I cant talk I know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back