England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If France's movement is too quick for the backline, how can Terry help. Terry is one of the slowest players in the Premier League, he would have been absolutely torn apart.

Like i said before that, Terry reads the game pretty well.

But thats my point, on the field Terry has done nothing wrong so why all of a sudden is he no longer good enough??? I think people's personal views get in the way simple as that.

He's no longer good enough, because there are several better English centre-backs than him. Ferdinand, Jagielka & Dawson are all better in my opinion... And besides, its not "peoples personal views" that pick the team. Fabio Capello picks the team.

his lack of pace forces an unnecessarily deeper line, he goes to ground too easily which exposes players (there were points tonight that jags and rio stood tall, where terry would have almost certainly dived for the tackle) he isnt as accomplished on the ball as jags or rio. hes still a good players but jags and rio make a better partnership

Its one of Terrys strong points because he does win the ball or stop attacks when he dives in and how many times in lets be honest his gloryfied carear has Terry been poor or out witted?? Not many if we are honest.

Dear Mr Capello,

Please can you do these three things:

1. Play 4-1-2-1-2, With Carroll and Rooney upfront, and when either aren't fit, play Crouch for Carroll and Defoe for Rooney. If all these arent fit, please play 4-6-0.

2. Please teach your ******* wingers, how to cross. Untill then, Joey Barton please.

3. Release a statement saying that only people that have a season ticket to a lower league team are allowed a ticket to an England game. This is for two reasons, one, to stop retarded people going to England matches who don't understand football, and then boo everyone because we lose by one goal to a team that played pretty sexy football, two, because lower league fans are accustomed to watching ****** football, so are alot less likely to boo.

If you take these into consideration, I suggest your time as England manager will be prolonged.

Cheers

Dunc.
also can you please stop play gareth barry. play thudd, reo coker, cattermole, a brick wall. all of these are better options than barry

What has Terry ever done wrong for England on the pitch??? Exacly nothing so why is he no longer good enough??

That's a stupid argument. Just because he hasn't made an obvious mistake for England in a while doesn't mean he shouldn't be dropped. He's far too slow, dives in too much and whilst aerially strong he is bad positionally, extremely bad technically and a rash tackler. That's what's wrong with Terry.

But thats my point, on the field Terry has done nothing wrong so why all of a sudden is he no longer good enough??? I think people's personal views get in the way simple as that.
No. My personal view of Terry is that he's a ****, but I don't allow that to blur my judgement. My personal view of Ashley Young is that he's a bit a ****, but I still think he should be playing for England. Terry is no longer good enough in a time when we want to be playing a specific style, a high tempo pressing style with the type of high defensive line that Terry would be uncomfortable with.

also can you please stop play gareth barry. play thudd, reo coker, cattermole, a brick wall. all of these are better options than barry

More mobile too, especially the last.

Last edited:
He's no longer good enough, because there are several better English centre-backs than him. Ferdinand, Jagielka & Dawson are all better in my opinion... And besides, its not "peoples personal views" that pick the team. Fabio Capello picks the team.

Exacly if managers keep picking him surely that says somthing??? Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Sven, McLaren and now even Capello is picking him when he is fit.

That's a stupid argument. Just because he hasn't made an obvious mistake for England in a while doesn't mean he shouldn't be dropped. He's far too slow, dives in too much and whilst aerially strong he is bad positionally, extremely bad technically and a rash tackler. That's what's wrong with Terry.

No. My personal view of Terry is that he's a ****, but I don't allow that to blur my judgement. My personal view of Ashley Young is that he's a bit a ****, but I still think he should be playing for England. Terry is no longer good enough in a time when we want to be playing a specific style, a high tempo pressing style with the type of high defensive line that Terry would be uncomfortable with.

goudcubed sums it up perfectly, you say hes strong point is diving. thats exaclt what we DONT want him to do, you want him to stand up players. we cant play high up the picth with terry. think liverpool with carragher, and thats terry with england, bit of a legend, but his time is passing him, he lacks the pace, even though he has the heart

I don't watch John Terry too much but I have to say I'd agree with CJACK011 :O I wouldn't say terry is past it, I'd still have him as first choice cb with Rio and he may have been able to change the game today because he's good at reading the game.

If all these arent fit, please play 4-6-0.

If you want to see how wonderfully attacking and effective a 4-6-0 formation is, I'd give Scotland vs Czech Republic a watch. And if you make it to the end without committing any form of self harm then you deserve my heartfelt congratulations.

The fact you think Ashley Young deserves to be in the England squad says all i need to know im afraid.

goudcubed sums it up perfectly, you say hes strong point is diving. thats exaclt what we DONT want him to do, you want him to stand up players. we cant play high up the picth with terry. think liverpool with carragher, and thats terry with england, bit of a legend, but his time is passing him, he lacks the pace, even though he has the heart

Ok if you can't play a high line with Terry in the squad then how come he does it week in week out at Chelsea??? And to a great effect also

The fact you think Ashley Young deserves to be in the England squad says all i need to know im afraid.

Ok if you can't play a high line with Terry in the squad then how come he does it week in week out at Chelsea??? And to a great effect also
chelsea dont play a high line with terry...

anyway bored of that since hes out for months. carrol did really well tonight, tonight highlighted massively the need for a dedicated holding play, not the imitation that is barry. no point in walcott hugging the touch line, since he cant cross that well, might as well come tight and create space for the overlapping fullback

Last edited:
Terry's great, he always has been. But he lacks pace and that is everything in football. If England play a high defensive line, then he won't be able to keep up with the pace of strikers, e.g. Karim Benzema.

Am I the only one who thought Joleon Lescott did pretty well? And plus, why oh why is Theo starting these games, when he should have really been on in the middle of second half. We needed crossers to get to Andy Carroll, Theo's more of a pass and go footballer.

Always thought Terry was one of England's better distributors of the ball, could we have been playing any deeper anyway?

Terry will be fine as long as he has a quick defender like Rio alongside him which creates a whole stopper, cover situation. Lescott is hardly the fastest defender either.

see people slating theo and gibbs
any arsenal player coming into the england team will struggle...
it's a completely different world to them the type of football fabio has them playing

Of course, it's only other people who let personal judgements cloud their views, and of course they can't be right..

Surely your personal opinion of Terry as a legend and a Chelsea player clouds your judgement just as much as Godcubed or Mike's is?

Especially the latter bit, presumably you think Godcubed thinks Young should be in the squad because he's a Villa player? Likewise with you perhaps?

I personally think we should get Steven Hawking to play for us instead of Barry, he would move more and make us look like a much more professional unit.

I personally think we should get Steven Hawking to play for us instead of Barry, he would move more and make us look like a much more professional unit.

How about we move Jagielka to DM and bring in Dion Dublin at centre-back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back