England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, just realised you put Cattermole in that team.

He can't keep his head at Prem level, he would get ******* murdered by the continental Ref's, he would get sent off every ****** game lol.

I think England needs balls.

I think England needs Vinnie Jones to come out of retirement.

I think England should build there team around wilshire as I feel he has the potential to be as good as iniesta or xavi, we should also concentrate on the next world cup as nobody gives a **** about the european championship, so any players currently over 30 should not be playing for England as they will not be much use in the next world cup.

England needs Heskey for shizzle. Also when does the "sack the italian" chants start comming?

You can tell that you didn't watch the game tonight if you still want to keep Walcott in the team.<)

meh.

has been doing the buisness for Arsenal.

actually, would hope he didnt play so he can't get injured.

Cattermole ahead of Huddlestone?

I think your letting your hatred of Spurs affect your decision lol.

I cant talk I know lol.

I couldn't care less if a spurs player played for england, gives them more chance to get injured. if we going to high press and win tackles, i wouldn't have big tom in the side.

granted, catters is a bit hot-headed, but i think he can sort that out.

Peter Crouch's goalscoring record is absolute class, why does he not start for England? I know Carrol's in great form, but you can't hide from how good his goals 2 games ratio is.

meh.

has been doing the buisness for Arsenal.

actually, would hope he didnt play so he can't get injured.

I couldn't care less if a spurs player played for england, gives them more chance to get injured. if we going to high press and win tackles, i wouldn't have big tom in the side.

granted, catters is a bit hot-headed, but i think he can sort that out.

Watch Huddlestone play, and you'd be very suprised, he gets aroung the pitch a lot for a big guy and wins more than his share of tackles, and then his distrubution is amazing.

Johnson and Milner, Theo's crossing is just not upto mark so as mike mentioned there really is no point having him hug the touchline a job which a more proficient crosser such as Milner or Lennon should be given, truly u never know if Beckham still has it in him, he is still our best crosser I reckon so if i saw him play again I wont be suprised although i doubt it cos of his pace

To be honest there is one big reason why we lost this match. The midfield.

Henderson is a big prospect for the future, but his inexperience was shown last night, shown up by a rash tackle on Gourcuff (not even his favoured position, yet took apart the idea brought up by some that he could be dealt with by Henderson), who along with the interchanging Nasri, tormented him the entire game and reduced him to a passenger for large parts of it. Eeven worse for him, the experienced player alongside him was that fake of a holding player, Gareth Barry, who hasnt has a decent for England in a long time ( some will argue he's never had a decent game)

Gerrard, as usualltried to lift the side, but was dealt with will by M'vila, who was supported well defensive by Gourcuff and Nasri tracking back well, and our inability to play smart passes. Cant talk about milner too much because he was so quiet.

Walcott was a mixed bag again. One again worked very hard, hugged the touchline early on and was out of the game, but later he started to run inside, arguably more than he would at Arsenal, causing some problems, though an overlapping fullback here would have provided him with vital support.
Carroll tried his best. You cant really ask for more than what he gave. However, being supported by midfield a midfield lacking in creativity did not help, with long balls being fizzed into him. When Crouch came on tactics were much the same, but his extra experience showed, and was able to do a little more with the ball.

I have always said a lone striker does not work without 2 wing men who get forward, not just down the wing, but in and around the forwards, offering him close support, and pulling in the opposition fullbacks, allowing our own to get round the outside. Walcott did that in patches, as did Adam Johnson, but there was nothing from Milner. The idea of a Striker holding up the ball is that he hols up the ball for the onrushing support, which often never came.

Defensively a bit of a mess. Again not much balance. Why play Jagielka as right back? However it does show without Glen Johnson we have no real second option, which is a worry. Richards performed ok, but Capello seemingly has little trust in him

Gibbs was a mixed bag, he was rusty and it showed. Moments of skill, feeding in Gerrard for which he should have scored, but times when he looked rushed and made mistakes. Can only get better with regular playing time

Ferdinand and Lescott (perhaps suprisingly) both had decent games, but with the French getting men forwards and with little protection from their midfield, were often overrun

What was learnt from last night? You need a balanced midfield. Without that there is no protection for the back, which leads to the defence dropping deeper, and you just end up hoofing the ball upfield, giving away possession to a side who are deadly with it

What id suggest is giving is giving the likes of Scott parker/Reo Coker a go in the holding roll. We talk about releasing England's attacking potential, but to do so we must create a platform for them to work from. Until then, there will be no cohesion and we will stumble on against the top sides

To be honest there is one big reason why we lost this match. The midfield.

Henderson is a big prospect for the future, but his inexperience was shown last night, shown up by a rash tackle on Gourcuff (not even his favoured position, yet took apart the idea brought up by some that he could be dealt with by Henderson), who along with the interchanging Nasri, tormented him the entire game and reduced him to a passenger for large parts of it. Eeven worse for him, the experienced player alongside him was that fake of a holding player, Gareth Barry, who hasnt has a decent for England in a long time ( some will argue he's never had a decent game)

Gerrard, as usualltried to lift the side, but was dealt with will by M'vila, who was supported well defensive by Gourcuff and Nasri tracking back well, and our inability to play smart passes. Cant talk about milner too much because he was so quiet.

Walcott was a mixed bag again. One again worked very hard, hugged the touchline early on and was out of the game, but later he started to run inside, arguably more than he would at Arsenal, causing some problems, though an overlapping fullback here would have provided him with vital support.
Carroll tried his best. You cant really ask for more than what he gave. However, being supported by midfield a midfield lacking in creativity did not help, with long balls being fizzed into him. When Crouch came on tactics were much the same, but his extra experience showed, and was able to do a little more with the ball.

I have always said a lone striker does not work without 2 wing men who get forward, not just down the wing, but in and around the forwards, offering him close support, and pulling in the opposition fullbacks, allowing our own to get round the outside. Walcott did that in patches, as did Adam Johnson, but there was nothing from Milner. The idea of a Striker holding up the ball is that he hols up the ball for the onrushing support, which often never came.

Defensively a bit of a mess. Again not much balance. Why play Jagielka as right back? However it does show without Glen Johnson we have no real second option, which is a worry. Richards performed ok, but Capello seemingly has little trust in him

Gibbs was a mixed bag, he was rusty and it showed. Moments of skill, feeding in Gerrard for which he should have scored, but times when he looked rushed and made mistakes. Can only get better with regular playing time

Ferdinand and Lescott (perhaps suprisingly) both had decent games, but with the French getting men forwards and with little protection from their midfield, were often overrun

What was learnt from last night? You need a balanced midfield. Without that there is no protection for the back, which leads to the defence dropping deeper, and you just end up hoofing the ball upfield, giving away possession to a side who are deadly with it

What id suggest is giving is giving the likes of Scott parker/Reo Coker a go in the holding roll. We talk about releasing England's attacking potential, but to do so we must create a platform for them to work from. Until then, there will be no cohesion and we will stumble on against the top sides

I agree with this mostly, except that we can also try out something what Tottenham have been doing the whole season really, stick a big guy like Crouch upfront and then have 2 wingers on eithier side ooff him hug the touchline and deliver crosses which he heads it in or flicks it on to a quick player such as Defoe or Walcott, again as u mentioned there is absolutely no balance in the midfield, Barry is never shows up for England so we can only hope that Hargreaves somehow can get back to his former-self, also we need decent back-up, we totally lack strenght in depth unlike Spain and France, Ashley Cole has shown time and time again why we cannot do without him cos if he does not play we stick Gibbs in there who showed today his inexperience and frankly he needs atleast 1-2 more seasons before he is ready to start playing regularly for England, Henderson again is the same although Caroll showed lots of spirit and determination, frankly the only way I see us moving forward is to get wingers who cross more than they cut in and reverting back to a 4-4-2

Becuase it makes no sense in doing it now? It is mid season, in terms of this international season. If he was going to fledge these players in, he should of done it, in an easier, against Hungary, if he plays the kids wednesday night against france, they shall be mulled and lose a lot of confidence.

Wow, I said we would be mulled. and pretty much got taught a footballing lesson by the French.

Ben Foster, I thought hart was out number one, so why play this geezer, who really isn't all he is made out to be, He has talent and ability, but I real lack of bottle to handle the bigger matches. Being beat at the near post is suicidal.

Henderson- 20million pounds? more like 2 pence, he was slow to react, sloppy on the ball and positionally all over the place.

gibbs- clearly not fit, why the **** did he play?

lescott- Time and time again this man disappoints.

Carroll- I think he was one of the better newcomers/ fringe players on the night, just had **** all support.

Walcott- What has he actually done since Croatia for England? He doesn't deserve to be in the squad, let alone the team.

Barry- Just no!!!!

All in all, i think we proved why we are not going to win the World Cup or European Championship in the foreseeable future, unless we change managers and revamp the whole system of this country.

Wow, I said we would be mulled. and pretty much got taught a footballing lesson by the French.

Ben Foster, I thought hart was out number one, so why play this geezer, who really isn't all he is made out to be, He has talent and ability, but I real lack of bottle to handle the bigger matches. Being beat at the near post is suicidal.

Henderson- 20million pounds? more like 2 pence, he was slow to react, sloppy on the ball and positionally all over the place.

Carroll- I think he was one of the better newcomers/ fringe players on the night, just had **** all support.

Walcott- What has he actually done since Croatia for England? He doesn't deserve to be in the squad, let alone the team.

Barry- Just no!!!!

All in all, i think we proved why we are not going to win the World Cup or European Championship in the foreseeable future, unless we change managers and revamp the whole system of this country.

Couldn't agree more Scott.

Barry- Just no!!!!

wasnt just the kids, man for man we were pretty bad.

foster played because hart was injured

henderson played becuase wilshere was injured, thudd was injured, lampard was injured, not sure where carrick was

the rest i agree with though

tactically we were all over the place (once again). really beginning to lose patience with capello. But then Im not sure who we have next coming in.

The first time ive ever been to Wembley and it was a big disappointment. I thought we should have played 4-4-2 for the whole match. They looked a little better after Crouch came on, but it was still very poor. Not worth freezing my balls off to watch. Need lots of improvement before the next game

wasnt just the kids, man for man we were pretty bad.

foster played because hart was injured

henderson played becuase wilshere was injured, thudd was injured, lampard was injured, not sure where carrick was

tactically we were all over the place (once again). really beginning to lose patience with capello

Fair enough on Hart had no internet for a couple of days, so been pretty bad on injuries and ****. But still, This lad Henderson no doubts has talent, but come on, Carrick could of played, i think you already mentioned Parker, Reo Coker, they all good players, to play in that role, it angers me that we keep to this ****. we where 2-0 against france at home, so he takes Carroll off for Boothroyd, that is actually retarded, he brings on the lesser player and keeps a failing system. Capello doesnt know International football.

Fair enough on Hart had no internet for a couple of days, so been pretty bad on injuries and ****. But still, This lad Henderson no doubts has talent, but come on, Carrick could of played, i think you already mentioned Parker, Reo Coker, they all good players, to play in that role, it angers me that we keep to this ****. we where 2-0 against france at home, so he takes Carroll off for Boothroyd, that is actually retarded, he brings on the lesser player and keeps a failing system. Capello doesnt know International football.
agree with you ( think you posted before my edit). like i say im starting to lose patience with capello.

Parker, Carrick, Gerrard
Coker, Thudd, Wilshere

right there two destroyer, passer creator triangles, each imo capable of doing a very good job.

I lost patience with Capello a long while ago he should have gone after the World Cup simple as that, why he didn't call up Davies is just laughable. Since he made his international debut he has arguably been in the form of his life so he leaves him out this time round??? Look at all the other big nations who failed to reach the desired stages of the World Cup Argentina, Brazil, Italy and France and what did they all have in commen after the World Cup?? Yes they sacked their managers so why didn't we.

I lost patience with Capello a long while ago he should have gone after the World Cup simple as that, why he didn't call up Davies is just laughable. Since he made his international debut he has arguably been in the form of his life so he leaves him out this time round??? Look at all the other big nations who failed to reach the desired stages of the World Cup Argentina, Brazil, Italy and France and what did they all have in commen after the World Cup?? Yes they sacked their managers so why didn't we.
becuase we extended his contract right before, which would have cost us millions the fa dont have to fire him

becuase we extended his contract right before, which would have cost us millions the fa dont have to fire him

Well who's fault is that? The FA, The most stupid organisation in World Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back