England Squad to face Denmark

I thought this, but Walker probably deserves in ahead of him, Kelly's been regular not too long, but still started every match, and completed every 90 minutes since then. Been superb. Keep that up, it won't be long til he's in it.

Total agree mate, would of been nice for the lad and his confidence will only keep increasing, a very bright future ahead of him.:)

And Simpson and Forster :'(
Too far, dont see why they merit places. Agree with Nolan and Barton though, he still goes with the half injured lampard and Barry who does awful for england.

Also I think Liverpool's Kelly deserves to be in there over Walker. Maybe Walker suits England's style of play more though, I don't know.

Must be because Walker's had more game time this season albeit if most of it was at QPR. He has been impressive though.

David Stockdale - this guy should be good in the future for England, he's done very well for Fulham when Schwarzer's been out :)

Can't believe Rodwell hasn't been picked. He's a great young talent, and like someone mentioned, would be a good partnership with Wilshere. And I can't fathom out picking Barry. Each time I've seen him play, it's hardly been the most inspired selection to say the least. Happy to see Baines picked though. Yeah, didn't have the best of games last time, but today showed his quality as he did last time. Surprised Jagielka wasn't given a chance though. But, not a bad squad. Think Nolan and Barton weren't picked because they probably would get carded by a European official for proper tackling

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Gareth Barry offers? He is not exceptional at marking or even tackling, he is not an aerial threat, he isn't physically the strongest, he isn't creative, he doesn't necessarily have pace. So, what exactly does he give?

Coz he is Gerrard's mate that's all

Too far, dont see why they merit places. Agree with Nolan and Barton though, he still goes with the half injured lampard and Barry who does awful for england.

Lampard has been fit for a little while now and looked very lively mid-week. Dont dis-agree with the squad that much but Johnson and Barry have nothing to offer England anymore.

Still cant believe Kelly isnt at least part irish :p

I fail to see how England has time to play friendly's vs. Denmark but dont have time to enter a small tournament that should be quiet entertaining :S

Im very surprised that Barton is not in the squad, anyone remember a few month ago when he said he was good enough to play for England again and everyone laughed at him?

Goalkeepers: Foster, Hart, Stockdale

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, A Cole, Dawson, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Walker,

Midfielders: Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Parker, Walcott, Wilshere, Young;

Strikers: Agbonlahor, Bent, Crouch, Defoe, Rooney.
Hart
Baines Terry Dawson Ash.Cole
Lampard Parker
Young Gerrard Downing
& Bent

I'd like to see.

Would of like to have seen someone out of the ordinary up front like Connor Wickham or Nile Ranger but perhaps there not ready

ffs Lampard and Barry havent shown anything special this season, and Rodwell and Wilshere would on current form (H)

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Gareth Barry offers? He is not exceptional at marking or even tackling, he is not an aerial threat, he isn't physically the strongest, he isn't creative, he doesn't necessarily have pace. So, what exactly does he give?
He's meant to be the 'Mascherano of England' but frankly, Barton or Rodwell would be a lot better in that position.

David Stockdale - this guy should be good in the future for England, he's done very well for Fulham when Schwarzer's been out :)
Yup, I think Liverpool should sign him as backup/future goalkeeper. What an awesome player!

P.S. Why is Glen Johnson in again? I do support Liverpool but still...I've known strikers who can defend and tackle better than him...

Still cant believe Kelly isnt at least part irish :p

I fail to see how England has time to play friendly's vs. Denmark but dont have time to enter a small tournament that should be quiet entertaining :S

Im very surprised that Barton is not in the squad, anyone remember a few month ago when he said he was good enough to play for England again and everyone laughed at him?

Not everyone laughed ;)

5 Villans in the squad. :wub: Albrighton not deserve a callup?

Bad news is Barry's still there. Walker is a better player than Johnson but in the same way better going forward than defending. However, he has pace to recover, more pace than Johnson. Still, fairly happy with the squad all in all.

Just thought I'd add my invaluable input.

Kelly > Walker.