England Squad to face Denmark

Would of like to have seen someone out of the ordinary up front like Connor Wickham or Nile Ranger but perhaps there not ready

I agree, would have been nice to see Connor Wickham given a go, he's Capello's sort off player, big lad who holds the ball up brilliantly. Also possesses a lot off pace.

GK Hart
RB Johnson
CB Dawson
CB Terry
LB A. Cole
CM Parker
CM Wilshere
RM Walcott
AM Gerrard
LM Milner
CF D. Bent

I can remember David Stockdale when he played for Argyle on loan last year- He'll be remember for his clangers sladly- He made alot of them. Looks as though he's improved as a player at Fulham, with PL Football.

I think he should have called up Kelly and Walker, and dropped Johnson! or had Johnson in the squad as LB. Barton would be awesome for england for me, alongside Wilshere in the engine room, with Gerrard pushing on! He needs to start learning does don fabio

Just thought I'd add my invaluable input.

Kelly > Walker.

Completely agree :) Kelly has been solid and despite playing about 7 games this season has been MOTM or close in basically every game, hasnt seemed to make a single mistake, has proved he can play against the best teams (Chelsea and Man U) despite the chelsea game being his first EPL start. And whats more, he can go forward but is extremely reliable and solid at the back. Surely that warrants a call up. No?

Also i wish everyone would stop saying Barry is ****. He can pass...
Sideways...

2 yards to the guy next to him...

I cant remember if I laughed or not I probably did :S

Reading this thread is pretty funny

"oh my god what a ****. useless ******* who dosent deserve to be in the sport."
"Barton never had it to start of with. One of the most over rated players in history not to mention he is a dirty *******"
"cant stand him he is rubbish cant kick a football"

looool barton wins

Also, I think Walcott needs to be played on the right of a 3 man attack, or right down the centre, if fabs plays him wide right of a 4 man midfield, he is wasted!

Completely agree :) Kelly has been solid and despite playing about 7 games this season has been MOTM or close in basically every game, hasnt seemed to make a single mistake, has proved he can play against the best teams (Chelsea and Man U) despite the chelsea game being his first EPL start. And whats more, he can go forward but is extremely reliable and solid at the back. Surely that warrants a call up. No?

Also i wish everyone would stop saying Barry is ****. He can pass...
Sideways...

2 yards to the guy next to him...

yer he can pass to the oppos

Goalkeepers: Foster, Hart, Stockdale

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, A Cole, Dawson, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Walker,

Midfielders: Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Parker, Walcott, Wilshere, Young;

Strikers: Agbonlahor, Bent, Crouch, Defoe, Rooney.
Hart
Baines Terry Dawson Ash.Cole
Lampard Parker
Young Gerrard Downing
& Bent

I'd like to see.

Baines isn't really a right back, stick Walker in there.

No Barton, Nolan, Albrighton

All of em deserved a chance

The fact that is has taken this long for Parker to play, and that Crouch still plays is a joke. Get Capello out.

Hart
Cole-Cahill-Ferdinand-M.Richards
Wilshire-Gerrard
A.Johnson-Lampard-Walcott
Rooney
(notice how I'm not playing one of the best central midfielders in the world, on the left. One of the many faults in South Africa.)

Last edited:
Barton should really get in the England side, he was sensational today and has been most of the season.

I'm happy Lennon didn't get called up because he would probably get injured. Hopefully Dawson doesn't get injured again and I really really really hope Crouch gets injured

Please let Capello give Scotty Parker at least a half hour run-out, big fan of his style of play and I personally don't think anybody can argue against the fact that he deserves time on the pitch wearing the Three Lions.

Not sure why Agbonlahor's in there tbh - Maybe I don't watch enough of Villa...Not seen anything of Walker - Is he on loan? Otherwise, strong squad - good to see Parker in there IMO - works so hard and has brilliant technique. Barton clearly not in there because of previous issues which probably shouldn't be considered (especially since he's been much better this season).. Also unsure about Dawson tbh, didn't play all that well last time for England, got sent off vs Fulham and Spurs have conceded a **** of a lot of goals. OH WELL! Denmark have some good players though, so we shouldn't take this for granted