England Squad to face Denmark

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Fabio Capello has named a 25-man squad to face Denmark on Wednesday evening, with first call-ups for Fulham 'keeper David Stockdale and Aston Villa defender Kyle Walker.

Michael Dawson returns to the squad following his injury last year suffered against Bulgaria at Wembley, Leighton Baines is also included among the backline while there is also a place for Stewart Downing and Scott Parker among the midfielders.

Goalkeepers: Foster, Hart, Stockdale

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, A Cole, Dawson, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Walker,

Midfielders: Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Parker, Walcott, Wilshere, Young;

Strikers: Agbonlahor, Bent, Crouch, Defoe, Rooney.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/match-centre/2011/Denmark-v-England/Match-Previews/Squad-named

Last edited:
Parker really does deserve a debut. If he could have played as well as he has this season and last he would have had a much better career at higher clubs (no offence intended to West Ham fans). Also he would have a lot more England caps ;)

Its a definate that either Terry or Gerrard will pull out if not both of them.

i remember parker when he played for the toon but at that time gerrard and lampard were prefered in the middle of the park and although parker gives 100% everytime he is not quite as good as those two but he is a very good player, a battler any team would be worthy of a player like parker.

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Gareth Barry offers? He is not exceptional at marking or even tackling, he is not an aerial threat, he isn't physically the strongest, he isn't creative, he doesn't necessarily have pace. So, what exactly does he give?

Just wait and see.

Okay. oO)

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Gareth Barry offers? He is not exceptional at marking or even tackling, he is not an aerial threat, he isn't physically the strongest, he isn't creative, he doesn't necessarily have pace. So, what exactly does he give?

'Stability' supposedly.

He really doesn't though, he's just ****.

It disappoints me that Jack Rodwell isn't selected and Barry is. Barry is just being used as a blanket for the lack of naturally-defensive midfielders in the squad since Owen Hargreaves wasn't always pulling up with an injury.

Rodwell deserves a chance. He's young, he's talented, has a whole career ahead of him, and would have a great chance of making a name for himself internationally if he was regularly selected and given a chance. He's also versatile, so that comes as a bonus. Him and Wilshere in central midfield would become a good partnership.

But, it's a good squad. Foster has been a good player for Birmingham, Hart definitely deserves a call-up and Stockdale has a shot. I think that possibly Phil Jagielka should have been selected, too.

Where's Barton and Nolan :(

I would much rather have seen someone like Karl Henry in the final squad, someone who would play with passion and not just another Cap under the belt just plodding along like some of the squad do.

Kyle Walker....YES!!! :wub: <3.

Suprised Lennon's not in there tbh, he's been excellent recently :(

Disagree with lampard, crouch, johnson and rooney.

Martin Kelly must have come close.

I thought this, but Walker probably deserves in ahead of him, Kelly's been regular not too long, but still started every match, and completed every 90 minutes since then. Been superb. Keep that up, it won't be long til he's in it.

Shame Barton hasn't been given a shot. Has been playing really well this season. Glad some youngsters are in the squad, although that doesn't necessarily mean they will play.

Also I think Liverpool's Kelly deserves to be in there over Walker. Maybe Walker suits England's style of play more though, I don't know.

as long as crouch doesnt play... im not that fussed to be honest lol