England squad vs Montenegro

hopefully a win will help, and if Lamps scores, then its amazing.

walker is in too, got a good future ahead of him, and is that his first call up ?

hopefully a win will help, and if Lamps scores, then its amazing.

walker is in too, got a good future ahead of him, and is that his first call up ?

No, he's been called up before whilst he was with us.

Relieved that Gabby isn't in the squad, heard today he's got a bad back so now he's got 2 weeks to heal up ready to destroy city :)

Only 7 ex-Villans in the squad this time, 6 if you don't count Walker. Less than normal, but still a good amount.

Only 7 ex-Villans in the squad this time, 6 if you don't count Walker. Less than normal, but still a good amount.

I remember about 3 years ago, possibly just before Euro 2008, in the Birmingham Mail how Villa could field a full side of English players that had the potential to go on and play for England, it was really pleasing to see us actually trying to make something of homegrown talent.

It was extortionate though, if MON had signed the same sort of players but foreign we'd have saved millions!

I remember about 3 years ago, possibly just before Euro 2008, in the Birmingham Mail how Villa could field a full side of English players that had the potential to go on and play for England, it was really pleasing to see us actually trying to make something of homegrown talent.

It was extortionate though, if MON had signed the same sort of players but foreign we'd have saved millions!

Well, if you want a competitive side comprised mostly of British and Irish players, we're the team to go to. Out of our strongest 11, only Stan and N'Zogbia aren't. We've even overtaken Spurs in that regard (though they have a better quality squad, admittedly). At the risk of sounding like Nick Griffin, it's good to see a British club with British players.

Well, if you want a competitive side comprised mostly of British and Irish players, we're the team to go to. Out of our strongest 11, only Stan and N'Zogbia aren't. We've even overtaken Spurs in that regard (though they have a better quality squad, admittedly). At the risk of sounding like Nick Griffin, it's good to see a British club with British players.

I like the Spurs squad, they've got a good blend of homegrown and foreign talent, Villa definitely have that bit more homegrown nowadays though. Maybe not for much longer with the youngsters Spurs have been playing in the Europa League, some of them look promising.

It looks like we're gonna keep our homegrown bias under McLeish too, every day I hear us rumoured to be after another Scottish player.

Surprised that Steven Taylor isn't in there, especially when the defence Gary Cahill plays in has shipped 8 goals in two games.

Surprised that Steven Taylor isn't in there, especially when the defence Gary Cahill plays in has shipped 8 goals in two games.

Because he isnt as good as Cahill in all fairness

Because he isnt as good as Cahill in all fairness

Fair enough, but which defence has been better this season, Steven Taylor has been in top form, surely he at least deserves a chance?

Players from teams in the North East aren't allowed in the England squad! It's too far for Mr Capello to travel.

Fair enough, but which defence has been better this season, Steven Taylor has been in top form, surely he at least deserves a chance?

Maybe, but its the last key game, and Cahill plays well for England which is the key factor

------------Hart------------
Richards-Terry-Cahill-Cole
--------Parker--Barry-----------
Milner-----Rooney-----Young
----------Welbeck-------------

IMO Sturridge should have Walcott's place

My god how did Walcott get in this squad and Sturridge not in it??? Agbonlahor deserved a call-up too, i think it just proves that Capello dosen't pick players on form if he has a soft spot for them. To be honest im a little glad Sturridge isen't in the squad, if the past is to go by he would just get abuse and he is better than that. Plus this will just spur him on even more to prove to Crapello why he was wrong not to include him. Walker deserves his call and for me is quickly becomming Englands number one choice at RB.