England squad vs Montenegro

My god how did Walcott get in this squad and Sturridge not in it??? Agbonlahor deserved a call-up too, i think it just proves that Capello dosen't pick players on form if he has a soft spot for them. To be honest im a little glad Sturridge isen't in the squad, if the past is to go by he would just get abuse and he is better than that. Plus this will just spur him on even more to prove to Crapello why he was wrong not to include him. Walker deserves his call and for me is quickly becomming Englands number one choice at RB.

He is probably doing it because he wouldn't play anyway. We still need a point from this game to qualify, therefore Capello has to play his strongest team, this isn't the time to be giving new players a chance. If we get the point we need, then we can start thinking about introducing new players, there's no rush.

I agree with you he should have been picked but it's not the end of the world, he'll get his chance in the next game.

My god how did Walcott get in this squad and Sturridge not in it??? Agbonlahor deserved a call-up too, i think it just proves that Capello dosen't pick players on form if he has a soft spot for them. To be honest im a little glad Sturridge isen't in the squad, if the past is to go by he would just get abuse and he is better than that. Plus this will just spur him on even more to prove to Crapello why he was wrong not to include him. Walker deserves his call and for me is quickly becomming Englands number one choice at RB.

Actually Gabby pulled out. Not sure why you are giving him abuse for not picking Sturridge he'll get his chance

He is probably doing it because he wouldn't play anyway. We still need a point from this game to qualify, therefore Capello has to play his strongest team, this isn't the time to be giving new players a chance. If we get the point we need, then we can start thinking about introducing new players, there's no rush.

I agree with you he should have been picked but it's not the end of the world, he'll get his chance in the next game.

Exactly, get the point/win and qualify, then see the rest of the talent

Actually Gabby pulled out. Not sure why you are giving him abuse for not picking Sturridge he'll get his chance

Im not giving him abuse for not picking Studge i just think he has done more than Walcott for instance. Like i said i'd prefer if they didnt use Chelsea players.

Im not giving him abuse for not picking Studge i just think he has done more than Walcott for instance. Like i said i'd prefer if they didnt use Chelsea players.
He probably has, but right now it doesnt matter. Assuming we qualify, if he doesnt get his chance for the 2 big friendlies then there is an issue (assuming he has kept form). But this game isnt about blooding or performance. just the result. and I dont care how **** we play as long as we get the result

What have Milner and Adam Johnson done to merit inclusion?

Still don't think Gabby Agbonlahor will keep this form up. We always seem to tout him for a England call-up at this point in the season, then he goes a game without scoring and never scores again.

Still don't think Gabby Agbonlahor will keep this form up. We always seem to tout him for a England call-up at this point in the season, then he goes a game without scoring and never scores again.

Obviously. The entire squad did that under O'Neill, due to him never rotating.

It's a moot point, anyway. The whole idea about England is that you pick players on form, not on what their form might possibly be in the future.

It's a moot point, anyway. The whole idea about England is that you pick players on form, not on what their form might possibly be in the future.

Fair enough.

​You suck.

Shame about his back though

The only part I agree with is that he should have taken him over Walcott. I can see the reasoning for the rest of the forwards though Rooney, plus two big men and two pace men, though obviously there is more to their play then being big or quick

I have heard people say, he has only played 3 games for Chelsea but this is a man who has been on form since January not just this season. Imagine a front 3 of Young, Rooney and Sturridge. All interchanging all like to set up play and all like to score themselfs.

Zamora to start for England - report

Bobby Zamora is set to be a shock inclusion in the England team to face Montengero this evening, according to reports.

Flatly contradicting the widespread expectation that the identity of Wayne Rooney's 'partner' in attack would be a straight choice between Danny Welbeck and Darren Bent, The Daily Mirror claims that 'Capello is leaning towards giving Fulham striker Bobby Zamora his first start'. The forward has previously only featured in a 45-minute cameo against Hungary.

The Mirror also reports that Capello is considering employing Manchester United defender Phil Jones at right-back in order to 'counter-act dangerman Mirko Vucinic' in the Euro 2012 qualifier.

In midfield, it's thought that Gareth Barry will partner Scott Parker, with Frank Lampard remaining on the bench, with Theo Walcott and Ashley Young flanking Rooney as Capello continues with his newly-introduced 4-2-3-1 formation.

Zamora to start for England - report | News

Sturridge should be there Instead of Theo as IMO Sturridge is better

Give me that ******* England job! Capello's a right ***. Lamps on the bench!? No call up for Sturridge!? No start for Walker.. Should be a back four of Walker - Jones - Terry - Cole.

Last edited:
Sturridge should be there Instead of Theo as IMO Sturridge is better

I think it's a always a good thing to play Walcott for England because every time I've seen him play for England, it's clear that his pace terrifies the opposition because he always has at least 2, usually 3 men marking him and although people would consider this a bad thing, it does create a lot of space for our other players to move into and space is everything in football. I'd personally start him tonight because of that and he has improved as a player, he tracks back more and his finishing is better although he pretty much always shoots towards the bottom left hand corner. Having said that, he is a bit inconsistent but so are England in general.