England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
good opening 25 mins feels a more like a premiership game than a international, townsends looking lively.

Agree, first England game I've enjoyed for a while, some good stuff played - though it was obvious Poland lacked their first choice players, though their fans were on top form all game which was nice to see.

Boruc is a legend here in Poland. He had few bad seasons following rough divorce, but seems to be back on track with his career. Can't exactly complain about Szczesny's performance though :)

Boruc is a legend here in Poland. He had few bad seasons following rough divorce, but seems to be back on track with his career. Can't exactly complain about Szczesny's performance though :)
I remember he used to be brilliant at Celtic too, he is a great shot-stopper for sure!

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

Is anyone planning on going to Brazil? I've heard that loads of people have been put off by the distance and the alarmingly high accommodation prices - needless to mention, the riots too.

In more serious news, should Hart be dropped? Has made one too many errors now ...

In more serious news, should Hart be dropped? Has made one too many errors now ...
Nastasić was more at fault for the goal today, although Hart probably should be dropped. England have Forster, Foster and Ruddy (off the top of my head), who are no mugs - they probably deserve a chance.

Nastasić was more at fault for the goal today, although Hart probably should be dropped. England have Forster, Foster and Ruddy (off the top of my head), who are no mugs - they probably deserve a chance.

I disagree with you that it was Nastasic's fault. He had it under control, was really no need for Hart to come out of his goal. Also I whilst he has made plenty of errors for City, I can't remember many he has made for the national side, so I don't really see a reason to drop him just yet.

Also I whilst he has made plenty of errors for City, I can't remember many he has made for the national side, so I don't really see a reason to drop him just yet.

Really? Have you been watching England games? He's looked incredibly shaky. The first goal against Scotland is an example, and in the games since there have been various examples of where he's not looked at his best. He used to look incredibly composed, but not for a while now, Sundays mistake is just another in an error strewn patch in his career. I wouldn't suggest dropping him, although Forster has been looking very good for Celtic, but mistakes are part and parcel of a keepers career, until results are starting to be affected by Harts performances, we shouldn't really change keepers imo.

He's looked shocking for a while. Surely in the national game, i.e. knockout tournaments, he should be benched for someone in better form. It isn't England's job to bring him back to form at the cost of actually getting anywhere in matches.

Really? Have you been watching England games? He's looked incredibly shaky. The first goal against Scotland is an example, and in the games since there have been various examples of where he's not looked at his best. He used to look incredibly composed, but not for a while now, Sundays mistake is just another in an error strewn patch in his career. I wouldn't suggest dropping him, although Forster has been looking very good for Celtic, but mistakes are part and parcel of a keepers career, until results are starting to be affected by Harts performances, we shouldn't really change keepers imo.
He may not've cost England any points as of yet, but it's only a matter of time. He made one too many errors for City now - Pellegrini didn't publically back him - and next summer, Hart'll be up against players much more clinical than the likes of Kenny Miller and co. It's perhaps a bit too early to talk about next summer, but I'd say he needs to have a good season this season if he's to start in goal for England at the World Cup.

He may not've cost England any points as of yet, but it's only a matter of time. He made one too many errors for City now - Pellegrini didn't publically back him - and next summer, Hart'll be up against players much more clinical than the likes of Kenny Miller and co. It's perhaps a bit too early to talk about next summer, but I'd say he needs to have a good season this season if he's to start in goal for England at the World Cup.

Wouldn't argue with that. All players should be picked on merit and current form rather than just because they have been the staple goalkeeper for England for the last few years. Saying that, I wouldn't throw someone in there with zero England first team experience.

Wouldn't argue with that. All players should be picked on merit and current form rather than just because they have been the staple goalkeeper for England for the last few years. Saying that, I wouldn't throw someone in there with zero England first team experience.
Yeah, it's a bit of a tricky situation for Roy at the moment. If Hart doesn't start playing well consistently, then Roy either has to make the brave decision of giving the gloves to someone inexperienced (at international level) or stick with an inconsistent Hart.

Yeah, it's a bit of a tricky situation for Roy at the moment. If Hart doesn't start playing well consistently, then Roy either has to make the brave decision of giving the gloves to someone inexperienced (at international level) or stick with an inconsistent Hart.

We have a few friendlies coming up. The best time, if any, to give some of the 'back up' keepers some match time.

We have a few friendlies coming up. The best time, if any, to give some of the 'back up' keepers some match time.
Oh yeah, forgot about those - they will be very important, especially considering they're against very good sides.

Fair enough, I usually only half watch them tbh, and I didn't catch the Scotland game at all, plus I have a poor memory for these things at the best of times. Still don't think he should be dropped just yet though.

Back