England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
The point here is, England went out in the group stages, why does he deserve to still be England manager? He failed.

Loads of other managers resigned/mutual consent when they failed at the World Cup.

Just a shame Liverpool fans are bitter about him.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Yeah this is the big problem. Pretty much every Liverpool fan I've seen talk about Hodgson in regards to England has just been horrifically biased against him due to his Liverpool time.

I do admit, I have never seen a worse manager at Liverpool and there is a bit of biased. However, the World Cup was England's worst ever performance at the tournament

Im not sure how you can place this down to solely me being a Liverpool fan

With the World cup just gone there was very little expectation on England and he picked players that press and media had been calling out for to be tried out. Now he is picking players like Delph and Colback and Rose to see if they are up to the job. The guy can't win yet he has been doing what people have been calling out for. He has a very good record in management and is well respected by other managers and players alike.

The point here is, England went out in the group stages, why does he deserve to still be England manager? He failed.

Loads of other managers resigned/mutual consent when they failed at the World Cup.

What are we to do, just keep hiring and sacking managers every two years as they fail again and again?

Who else is a credible alternative to Hodgson? Bear in mind the predilection to pick English managers in your answer.

I do admit, I have never seen a worse manager at Liverpool and there is a bit of biased. However, the World Cup was England's worst ever performance at the tournament

Im not sure how you can place this down to solely me being a Liverpool fan

Statistically our worst ever, but frankly I'd say it was leagues better than our performance at South Africa, and that was under a coach who is a lot better than Hodgson.

I bet he would of picked Glen Johnson again if he could and he wasn't injured.

Failure is not getting to the World Cup. He got us there and no one complained. We were not even favourites to get out the group.

With the World cup just gone there was very little expectation on England and he picked players that press and media had been calling out for to be tried out. Now he is picking players like Delph and Colback and Rose to see if they are up to the job. The guy can't win yet he has been doing what people have been calling out for. He has a very good record in management and is well respected by other managers and players alike.

The point still stands that he made poor tactical decisions in the World Cup and it was our worst ever performance at the tournament

What are we to do, just keep hiring and sacking managers every two years as they fail again and again?

Who else is a credible alternative to Hodgson? Bear in mind the predilection to pick English managers in your answer.

Oh come on, Hodgson is like 65 he's hardly a long-term option anyway.

Credible alternatives? A dream double-team to bring pride back to the England National Team. Malky Mckay and Tony Pulis.

In all seriousness, not a lot. But I can safely say Roy is a 'yes man' and I'd rather have someone like Glen Hoddle back.

Has anyone ever actually liked an England manager?

The point still stands that he made poor tactical decisions in the World Cup and it was our worst ever performance at the tournament

So did Sven make poor tactical choices. He made our best midfielder retire because of playing Gerrard and Lampard. Under him we scraped through group stages only to be knocked out with far better players allegedly than what Roy has at his disposal. If you look how England played under Capello as well it was very dull. With Roy you get what you see. To call his tactics dinosaur though is just a very false statement.

The exact same points were aimed at Bobby Robson what people are throwing at Roy at the Moment. After Euro 88 Robsoin was called a dinosaur and was never good enough for the job, Yes man Etc. Then World Cup semi final and he was a national treasure. He was another England manager that people did not like at first.

I bet he would of picked Glen Johnson again if he could and he wasn't injured.

So would Brendan Rodgers. Weirdly enough though, he seems rather immune to criticism in regards to that.

Oh come on, Hodgson is like 65 he's hardly a long-term option anyway.

Credible alternatives? A dream double-team to bring pride back to the England National Team. Malky Mckay and Tony Pulis.

In all seriousness, not a lot. But I can safely say Roy is a 'yes man' and I'd rather have someone like Glen Hoddle back.

Funnily enough, Glenn Hoddle is one manager who's a great example of why we shouldn't just hire and sack managers every 2 years. He was chewed up and spat our by England, and had his credibility destroyed.

As for bringing him in, you can't actually be serious. He's picked up as a coach by QPR to teach them about three man defences and suddenly he's a credible choice as an England manager? Give me a break.

So did Sven make poor tactical choices. He made our best midfielder retire because of playing Gerrard and Lampard. Under him we scraped through group stages only to be knocked out with far better players allegedly than what Roy has at his disposal. If you look how England played under Capello as well it was very dull. With Roy you get what you see. To call his tactics dinosaur though is just a very false statement.

Whoa whoa no hating on Svennis. The guy's a straight up pimp.

You got me there. He was one for the ladies.

Svennis approves.

6466959_orig.jpg

So would Brendan Rodgers. Weirdly enough though, he seems rather immune to criticism in regards to that.

Funnily enough, Glenn Hoddle is one manager who's a great example of why we shouldn't just hire and sack managers every 2 years. He was chewed up and spat our by England, and had his credibility destroyed.

As for bringing him in, you can't actually be serious. He's picked up as a coach by QPR to teach them about three man defences and suddenly he's a credible choice as an England manager? Give me a break.

Whoa whoa no hating on Svennis. The guy's a straight up pimp.

Glen Hoddle has unfinished business with England, I'd have him back.

Plus how do you determine a worthy England manager? Someone who done well with Fulham but failed with Liverpool? Ok.

Not like we're blessed with options anyway, I just want a manager with some balls and won't keep picking the same players despite them being ****.

I just want a manager with some balls and won't keep picking the same players despite them being ****.

You have seen the England team for these up coming games right?

You have seen the England team for these up coming games right?

How much want to bet Rooney starts again though, if Gerrard hadn't retired he would of as well despite being utter **** in World Cup.

Not like we're blessed with options anyway, I just want a manager with some balls and won't keep picking the same players despite them being ****.

The only other option was Redknapp. He has had to listen to Hoddle talk about 3 man defences then when it was tried at the weekend Spurs trounced them. Roy is the best option we have believe me. I could not stomach another interview with Redknapp hanging out his Range Rover door.

Glen Hoddle has unfinished business with England, I'd have him back.

Plus how do you determine a worthy England manager? Someone who done well with Fulham but failed with Liverpool? Ok.

Lol, I wouldn't blame Hoddle if he said 'thanks for the offer, but kindly **** off'. He was massively mistreated by the FA and by England supporters. I rather think whether the fans want him would be the least important bit of that particular decision.

Roy Hodgson's career is not just 'done well with Fulham but failed with Liverpool', don't be a fool. Hodgson's career has spanned five different decades and encompassed excellent spells all over the continent, and notably successful stints at Finland and especially Switzerland. The important bit there is that he had international experience. What other English manager can we name with that experience? I'd say that alone made him worthy to be on the shortlist.

So what manager? You can't just criticise without providing an alternative. Especially given this squad is actually pretty good and doesn't include too many players that you could say are playing badly.

How much want to bet Rooney starts again though, if Gerrard hadn't retired he would of as well despite being utter **** in World Cup.

You mean the same Rooney that was our best player at the World Cup? Not to mention you're just what iffing about Gerrard.

Back