England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
My point was, that if he joined Arsenal, he'd be earning just as much, if not more than he does now.

Not really. He had offers to make one of the highest paid players in the world so no way he would have earned just as much at Arsenal had they convinced him to join because all big teams were interested in him.

Just watching Gascoigne being interviewed about Sterling.
Is that man ever sober??

Lazy from Cahill. He's looked really average for a while now.

Shame Sterling missed an early sitter, could have been a much more comfortable game for us.

Don't rate Townsend at all and yeah cahill was at fault for the goal but jones ffs that throw.

Also don't think our midfield 3 have been great, delph best of ***** bunch.

Don't rate Townsend at all and yeah cahill was at fault for the goal but jones ffs that throw.

Also don't think our midfield 3 have been great, delph best of ***** bunch.

I dunno, I think they've done alright but need to hit Rooney earlier. Townsend and Sterling have been very wasteful.

Smalling's had a bit of stick from Hoddle for the goal, but in that position as a centre half, when you know there's a defender behind you and a slow striker you should know it's safe enough. Cahill just made a really stupid, lazy decision imo.

All this hope and excitement (minimal, i know) combined with one of the better records in qualifying stages yet again and at the end of it we'll still get eliminated early on at any tournament

All this hope and excitement (minimal, i know) combined with one of the better records in qualifying stages yet again and at the end of it we'll still get eliminated early on at any tournament

Agree, at a tournament i just can't see us beating spain, italy, france or germany to name a few.

Agree, at a tournament i just can't see us beating spain, italy, france or germany to name a few.

Not sure why we even compare ourselves with the top nations, the last time we beat a top side in a competitive game was World Cup 2002.

We're awful, which is why there's absolutely no shock in the fact football fans in England take domestic football much more seriously than international.

Having experienced Hodgson, albeit briefly, at Anfield; nothing he does isn't baffling. That just encapsulates him totally.

England may have a serious dirth of top bracket talent, but even if they didn't it would be utterly waisted under the current manager.

Shocking by England U21s! And shocking selection from Southgate! Lingard only player to come out with any credit this tournament and Pritchard.

Yes. Still some good players. Southgate just had them on the bench.

Personally thought it was a very inexperienced, distinctly average squad and Southgate will doubtless get exactly what he deserves for leaving all the experience and quality out.

Don't understand how you can do that. And those players will never get that chance again.

Group F: ENGLAND, Slovakia, SCOTLAND, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malta

Nice group. I'm from Slovakia so England vs Slovakia is gonna be an interesting match for me :)

Back