England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
In B4 we're going out then, not enough talent and other nay sayers. It is a tough group but should be fine. *touches wood multiple times*

Last edited:
Its pretty shocking that we are only beating San Marino by a shocking ref decision and and own goal

Its pretty shocking that we are only beating San Marino by a shocking ref decision and and own goal

Having suffered Hodgson for 6 VERY long months or so, shocking but not surprising.

Congratulations in advance to Rooney. Although I've always thought Lineker stood head and shoulders apart in the English National team scoring ranks. (Greaves aside who was just beyond phenomenal. 57 games and 44 goals. If it wasn't for injury ..... ). 12 WC finals games and 10 goals for 2 tournaments. 5 goals ahead of his nearest rival Hurst. Conversely Rooney has played 11 finals games and scored once from three finals tournaments.

How many more would Lineker, who always turned up when it really counted, have gotten form another finals tournament?

If we keep this performance up we'll do great in tournament mark my words

Kappa

Just got in from work, looks like I haven't missed nothing then. England just do not excite me in the slightest, to many square pegs in round holes, too much concern with playing our so called 11 best players rather than our best team. No national identity, nothing much to invest in ******* boring like Woy.

England are so lifeless under Hodgson. We know we're ***** but a bit of excitement wouldn't go amiss..

I always wonder why you play as England in world cups etc and when it is about the olympics it's gonna be Great Britain. (Plus you would have such better team if it was Great Britain). But I guess it's good for the country's national feeling to represent themselves.

I always wonder why you play as England in world cups etc and when it is about the olympics it's gonna be Great Britain. (Plus you would have such better team if it was Great Britain). But I guess it's good for the country's national feeling to represent themselves.

All down to individual voting rights with FIFA.

The minute there's a GB team (which was a special exemption for the London Olympics BTW. It's back to no football teams in Brazil); FIFA will turn around and say right, you want to play as one Nation, then you get one vote.

All political B/S but it is what it is.

I know the FIFA Rankings system is all over the place, but how can Wales be higher than England and potentially going into second position?

The only thing it can be based off is qualifying and England are the only team to have a perfect record, which obviously means a better record than Wales?

Not saying i care much, it is just baffling.

All down to individual voting rights with FIFA.

The minute there's a GB team (which was a special exemption for the London Olympics BTW. It's back to no football teams in Brazil); FIFA will turn around and say right, you want to play as one Nation, then you get one vote.

All political B/S but it is what it is.

Well, I didn't mean just for football. It is also for other sports. For some sports it's great you aren't playing as GB, like cricket or rugby. But for most sports which aren't just (super) popular in the common wealth there should be some other reason, like nationalism I guess.

Also the FIFA ranking is based on the teams you beat and I'm not sure if friendly's count aswell for that ranking. So if England is seeded in a weak pot and Wales in a tougher one, Wales gets more points for a win.

Imagine GB team, with Golden Generation plus Giggs, Keane, and Shay Given.

Forgive me while I change my pants.

We would still play 442 have woy hodgson or sven goran eriksson as manager and exit during the quarters of a major tournament.

Well, I didn't mean just for football. It is also for other sports. For some sports it's great you aren't playing as GB, like cricket or rugby. But for most sports which aren't just (super) popular in the common wealth there should be some other reason, like nationalism I guess.

Also the FIFA ranking is based on the teams you beat and I'm not sure if friendly's count aswell for that ranking. So if England is seeded in a weak pot and Wales in a tougher one, Wales gets more points for a win.

I think friendlies count. I read an article a while ago how can Greece be in a good group all the time - they are in a good pot, because they play many easy friendlies. They may be against weak opposition but if they win all I think it's better than to win just some with better teams.

The so called 'Golden Generation' that has been one of the worst performance wise in recent English National r=team history outside of one tournament on hime soil.

I know what your trying to say, it just always amuses me when they get called that when they failed to live upto the mantle.

Even though I dislike him very much, Congrats on the record to Rooney

How would you have Keane and Given in a GB team?
They are both Irish.

Back