England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Tbf this is a great England performance, I mean there is certainly a lot of optimism when you have a balance to a side we haven't had for a long time. Without Rooney we look so much better. Dier in front of defence.

Delle Alli chaps, Delle Alli. Why United never ****** signed him when we got spanked by the Dons I never know.
Because he would have told you guys to **** off, him being a LFC fan and all :P. The kid was desperate to sign for us but we went for Milner instead. WHYYY RODGERS...

Great performance from England, shaky defence at times but if we are going to attack like that I dont mind. Been saying it for years I can take losing so long as we have a go and tonight we got our rewards for having a go!

Tbf this is a great England performance, I mean there is certainly a lot of optimism when you have a balance to a side we haven't had for a long time. Without Rooney we look so much better. Dier in front of defence.

Delle Alli chaps, Delle Alli. Why United never ****** signed him when we got spanked by the Dons I never know.

We had him. Or he left the hotel after an afternoon of negotiations leaving us convinced we had him. Robinson wanted him to come to us. Drove the kid up personally after training. What happened between him leaving and signing for Tottenham I do not know.

Cost a pretty penny to get him now.

We had him. Or he left the hotel after an afternoon of negotiations leaving us convinced we had him. Robinson wanted him to come to us. Drove the kid up personally after training. What happened between him leaving and signing for Tottenham I do not know.

You sound like Wenger. Only difference is with Wenger he could of signed him at birth.

You sound like Wenger. Only difference is with Wenger he could of signed him at birth.

Didn't know Arsenal had talked to him.

Ali on the other hand was definitely here prior to going 'Spurs. Mainly down to his manager.

Didn't know Arsenal had talked to him.

Ali on the other hand was definitely here prior to going 'Spurs. Mainly down to his manager.

Think he was being sarcy. Bet a whole host of clubs will be rueing not signing him, Levy will be rubbing his hands though. Spurs be mad to sell now though especially if they actually wanna break into the top 4 on a regular basis and not just this year because everyone is ****.

Think he was being sarcy. Bet a whole host of clubs will be rueing not signing him, Levy will be rubbing his hands though. Spurs be mad to sell now though especially if they actually wanna break into the top 4 on a regular basis and not just this year because everyone is ****.

Definitely. The gigantic leap he's taken in less than a season is ridiculous.

Hope it continues for him and the hard work takes him to the top.

Should definitely play 4-4-2, Kane and Vardy would work great as two strikers.

Seconded. ANYTHING that keeps Sturrridge off the field and resting up this summer I'm behind.

Lol do you think it will make much difference? I mean Sturridge and his teriyaki thighs only make it through a few games before picking up another niggly injury anyway so even if he does play for England he'll have rest before start of season.

I still question what Germany football has become when their best RB is seemingly Emre Can, surely they have someone better than him, he's a makeshift at RB being very kind... nothing more.

Why the **** don't they pick Erik Durm?

Lol do you think it will make much difference? I mean Sturridge and his teriyaki thighs only make it through a few games before picking up another niggly injury anyway so even if he does play for England he'll have rest before start of season.

I'd rather he not be picked at all. He needs rest at the end of the year then a full, normal pre-season which he's not had for a good few years. If he then breaks down, then there's little hope for him. But we and he needs that so we can be totally clear.

I still question what Germany football has become when their best RB is seemingly Emre Can, surely they have someone better than him, he's a makeshift at RB being very kind... nothing more.

Why the **** don't they pick Erik Durm?

Thought Can was their best attacking threat today. Most everything good they did went through him the right hand side. But yeah, a little strange Low has slotted him in there. The difference with Germany though, is he can bomb forward for Germany and it doesn't matter as much when he's out of position as everyone else just slides over and in to cover. So well versed in their roles are the German players. Presume it's his attacking prowess that he likes as he seems to be their starting RB/ RWB for the finals now.

All continues his education from our POV. He's been far better the last month with some discipline in his role with L'pool.

Thought Can was their best attacking threat today. Most everything good they did went through him the right hand side. But yeah, a little strange Low has slotted him in there. The difference with Germany though, is he can bomb forward for Germany and it doesn't matter as much when he's out of position as everyone else just slides over and in to cover. So well versed in their roles are the German players. Presume it's his attacking prowess that he likes as he seems to be their starting RB/ RWB for the finals now.

All continues his education from our POV. He's been far better the last month with some discipline in his role with L'pool.

He may be good attacking wise at RB, but you expect that from virtually any international full-back these days, even at club level.

Defensively he was nowhere to be seen a lot of the time, what made me laugh is that moment where he tried to shield the ball from going out and failed so bad that Welbeck kept it in and passed it to Alli who missed that open goal.

Very sloppy that. Summed up the whole team. Most un-German like. But it's becoming a recurring theme the end of the qualifiers and subsequent friendlies.

They'll doubtless be a different proposition come the finals because, like, they're Germany and ubber professionaisml when it counts is what they do. But I wouldn't have them clear favourites right here, right now.

Very sloppy that. Summed up the whole team. Most un-German like. But it's becoming a recurring theme the end of the qualifiers and subsequent friendlies.

They'll doubtless be a different proposition come the finals because, like, they're Germany and ubber professionalism when it counts is what they do. But I wouldn't have them clear favourites right here, right now.

Pretty open tournament tbh, don't think there is a stand out team

If I had to put money on any one it would probably be France, they have a nice blend of quality from back to front. But added pressure for them being at home, not sure if they'll handle it.

Pretty open tournament tbh, don't think there is a stand out team

If I had to put money on any one it would probably be France, they have a nice blend of quality from back to front. But added pressure for them being at home, not sure if they'll handle it.

Yup, they look the most talented squad to me too. France, Germany, and, if they don't play Casillas, Spain. Can't see beyond those three. England I'd have quarters at best. But you never know if things start rolling in a tournament. Italy in '90 is the best example of that.

Yup, they look the most talented squad to me too. France, Germany, and, if they don't play Casillas, Spain. Can't see beyond those three. England I'd have quarters at best. But you never know if things start rolling in a tournament. Italy in '90 is the best example of that.

England with Rooney = Out of group stages if we're lucky.

England without Rooney and picking the right team = If we do well, Semi Finals.

England with Rooney = Out of group stages if we're lucky.

England without Rooney and picking the right team = If we do well, Semi Finals.

ANYONE lead by Hodgson = Yeah, we won't even go there. I have too many bad memories of that fool and his 'brand' of football.

Back