England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Sorry mate scoring against Faroe Islands and other third rate European countries does not justify picking a player who has been in decline since 2011. England should pick a team that works well together, not try shoehorn Rooney into the side somewere. Vardy scored against germany what more does he have to prove lol. A hattrick against San Marino?. Are you sure your not Woy in disguise...

Rooney has excellent scoring record playing for Roy Hodgson. Since world cup Rooney has scored in 10 out of 14 games. (not just goals, he has scored in 10 games which is a great record). People really have very short memories. His ManUtd form was poor but his goal scoring record for England was always good since Hodgson was manager.

Saying that it would be very harsh on Vardy not to start after the season he had. Some saying they won't even take Rooney in the squad, lol.

Rooney has excellent scoring record playing for Roy Hodgson. Since world cup Rooney has scored in 10 out of 14 games. (not just goals, he has scored in 10 games which is a great record). People really have very short memories. His ManUtd form was poor but his goal scoring record for England was always good since Hodgson was manager.

Saying that it would be very harsh on Vardy not to start after the season he had. Some saying they won't even take Rooney in the squad, lol.
Another reason why Stats can be BS sometimes. His last 10 games 7 of the goals were against **** poor opposition. I'm not against taking rooney, its just Woy has no backbone and will try to shoehorn rooney into the team.

Another reason why Stats can be BS sometimes. His last 10 games 7 of the goals were against **** poor opposition. I'm not against taking rooney, its just Woy has no backbone and will try to shoehorn rooney into the team.

And against which teams did Kane and Vardy score goals?

1 each against Germany and after that?

And against which teams did Kane and Vardy score goals?

1 each against Germany and after that?
Bit unfair to compare them to Rooney, he has had 109 caps to score against Macedonia and Co. Along with not turning up for major tournes.

Bit unfair to compare them to Rooney, he has had 109 caps to score against Macedonia and Co. Along with not turning up for major tournes.

Who is talking about 109 caps, we are talking about how players did for Hodgson and we are talking about recent games.

For example, Vardy played against San Marino and didn't score. Rooney and Kane did.
Vardy played full game against Lithuania away, didn't score. Rooney scored 1 and assisted 1 in the Wembley game.
Vardy and Kane played against Estonia at Wembley but didn't score. Rooney scored in the away game.

Kane played against France, didn't score. Rooney scored 1 and made 1 assist.

So all these "he scored only against weak teams" is very weak argument as all players played against these teams. Also most teams England play (or any big National teams) play are average with very few big games.

Lol, Rooney was utter **** at tournies even when he was at his peak. How can people want him to start now, when he's utter **** even in the club, is beyond me.

Lets be careful writing off Wayne Rooney just yet, We just might need him. Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck just coming back from injures them selves and Theo Walcott can't be guarantee for goals. Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy both playing well but could dry up in goals yet. I'm hoping that Jamie Vardy isn't one of those players that are a one season wonder?. Remember Richie Lambert just before the World Cup in Brazil (2014) was doing very well for Southampton, And where he is now struggling at W.B.A.. At least Wayne Rooney does have the International perigee. He might not have greatest tournament stats, But the resting of world regard him very highly and probably wouldn't leave him of their squads.

Lol, Rooney was utter **** at tournies even when he was at his peak. How can people want him to start now, when he's utter **** even in the club, is beyond me.
He was on form right before he got injured.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Didn't even realise England play again tonight vs Holland. I'm thinking a 2-1 win or 1-1 draw

Didn't even realise England play again tonight vs Holland. I'm thinking a 2-1 win or 1-1 draw

We need to back up our performance against Germany tonight and put this under par Holland team to the sword, Hoping Roy will give two up front a go from the start because there will come at the Euro's were will need to go on the attack. I really think Kane and Vardy has some good potential too but they need time together, hopefully Drinkwater starts too, I would play him instead of Henderson.

Have we kicked off yet? Everyone looks like they are still in the dressing room.

Along with the **** atmosphere, did anyone notice the tribute to Cruyff happened in the 13th minute? *facepalm*

Have we kicked off yet? Everyone looks like they are still in the dressing room.

Along with the **** atmosphere, did anyone notice the tribute to Cruyff happened in the 13th minute? *facepalm*

Yeah this **** little cohesion in the team

Good goal the vardy fairytale continues just need studge to score now for 85 quid. You just know he will get subbed haha

Jesus, that England midfield. Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Barkley. How low have England fell from Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Beckham.

Back