England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
I'd rather have Lallana than Bartley imo but they should both go. Wilshere, Sterling and Stones are in the squad because of their quality. There's no point in picking which ever player is flavour of the month. Sterling is our best wide player and was excellent before his injuries. Wilshere has an incredible record for England on the national team and Stones is one of our best central defenders despite not having a great season.

I don't see the outcry of Wilshere being picked. Rooney has been shocking for the past 2 seasons. Wilshere has done much more in an England shirt to justify his selection. So has Sterling.

If anything, Delph and Rooney at least shouldn't be there. Delph just hasn't got the quality and Rooney has seen a massive decline.

Wiĺshere has played 141 minutes this season please try again

But who will Woy 'cut' from the squad?

It should be (imo) Delph, Rashford and Wilshere. But knowing Woy he'll probably drop Drinkwater instead of Wilshere.

But who will Woy 'cut' from the squad?

It should be (imo) Delph, Rashford and Wilshere. But knowing Woy he'll probably drop Drinkwater instead of Wilshere.

If he takes Wilshere over Drinkwater I will support whoever is playing England to get Roy sacked. Hopefully the three you said are the ones who get cut

Also feel like the squad lacks centre backs only 3 or 4 if Dier is going to play there but, he is more of a DM

And that's exactly the problem. You should pick squad based on form. Quality means **** if people aren't able to show it on the pitch for entire calendar year.

If it were based on form, international squads would be changing every time they're picked. Roy is there to win international games, not pick the flavour of the month. It would be absurd to leave those three home when they're among the best we have in those positions. If we picked based on form we'd have Albrighton, Simpson, Lennon etc in the squad. If you've watched Wilshere in the past two games, he looks capable of playing in the Euros. Sterling has looked very capable for England in the past two years. It would be a bit rediculous to drop him from being injured for half the season. Who do we have that will perform better? Same with Stones. We aren't blessed with the greatest of central defenders.

I can guarantee you that Wilshere will be better than Rooney at the Euros. That's all that matters. It just seems and though it's to be popular to hate Jack Wilshere.

If it were based on form, international squads would be changing every time they're picked. Roy is there to win international games, not pick the flavour of the month. It would be absurd to leave those three home when they're among the best we have in those positions. If we picked based on form we'd have Albrighton, Simpson, Lennon etc in the squad. If you've watched Wilshere in the past two games, he looks capable of playing in the Euros. Sterling has looked very capable for England in the past two years. It would be a bit rediculous to drop him from being injured for half the season. Who do we have that will perform better? Same with Stones. We aren't blessed with the greatest of central defenders.

I can guarantee you that Wilshere will be better than Rooney at the Euros. That's all that matters. It just seems and though it's to be popular to hate Jack Wilshere.

Its not about picking the flavor of the month. Its about picking players who have performed consistently well over the course of a season like Drinkwater. 141 minutes on a football pitch at the end of the season when most teams have nothing to play for does not really show that someone is capable of playing in a major international tournament.

Wilshere will be better than Rooney at Euro's? Wow thats saying so much ...

I'd rather have Lallana than Bartley imo but they should both go. Wilshere, Sterling and Stones are in the squad because of their quality. There's no point in picking which ever player is flavour of the month. Sterling is our best wide player and was excellent before his injuries. Wilshere has an incredible record for England on the national team and Stones is one of our best central defenders despite not having a great season.

I don't see the outcry of Wilshere being picked. Rooney has been shocking for the past 2 seasons. Wilshere has done much more in an England shirt to justify his selection. So has Sterling.

If anything, Delph and Rooney at least shouldn't be there. Delph just hasn't got the quality and Rooney has seen a massive decline.

Rooney has been consistent performer for England under Roy. He is the leading goal scorer and Wilshere wasn't even on pitch during that time.

So not sure how anyone can say Wilshere should be selected but not Rooney.

What good is having quality as a player when you're never on the pitch to show it...

Its not about picking the flavor of the month. Its about picking players who have performed consistently well over the course of a season like Drinkwater. 141 minutes on a football pitch at the end of the season when most teams have nothing to play for does not really show that someone is capable of playing in a major international tournament.

Wilshere will be better than Rooney at Euro's? Wow thats saying so much ...

Its also about picking players who are fit, considering it takes between 8-10 games to get match fit or so managers and players say wilshere is nowhere near match fitness. How do you ascertain that Wilshere will get to match fitness? Saying the negativity is down to people hating on Wilshere is stupid. This forum is not like that and you know it.

Edit - sorry Alc was on my phone meant to quote damola not you

Great start.
Nice link up between Kane and Vardy there just before the goal.

Very nice goal by Turkey. Yes our defending was **** but still a nicely taken goal. And our goal shouldn't have stood as it was pretty clearly offside

Very nice goal by Turkey. Yes our defending was **** but still a nicely taken goal. And our goal shouldn't have stood as it was pretty clearly offside

Ah it was only about 3 yards ;)

Hardly inspiring stuff-happy for Vardy though. Defensively not impressed. And controlling the ball, well I think this chap sums it up:

[video=youtube;lCUKHTWK8_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUKHTWK8_k[/video]

dont bet on it

I sadly aren't. There's still more time for ******** Roy to completely ignore our wishes and blunder on with England's f-ed up training methods to completely take him out of our pre-season and probably even the start of next season.

I sadly aren't. There's still more time for ******** Roy to completely ignore our wishes and blunder on with England's f-ed up training methods to completely take him out of our pre-season and probably even the start of next season.

It's not england's methods that see him fall apart. He's been like that all his career.

It's not england's methods that see him fall apart. He's been like that all his career.

This latest time I'd beg to differ with you.

He's been managed, both in training and game time, at L'pool and has been fine since Christmas.

He gets back with England (who we've had problems with their handling of players since Klopp's come in starting with the Rossiter disgrace) and bang, he's injured again.

There's a common denominator there.

This latest time I'd beg to differ with you.

He's been managed, both in training and game time, at L'pool and has been fine since Christmas.

He gets back with England (who we've had problems with their handling of players since Klopp's come in starting with the Rossiter disgrace) and bang, he's injured again.

There's a common denominator there.

He was lightly jogging when he strained his calf. Wasn't even full session.

His injury problems runs back 7 years. 6 good months with Liverpool doesn't make it England's fault.

I know people like to hammer Roy from Liverpool, but actually they haven't been working massively hard.

Back